What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Now that the VT4 is almost official, we need to understand what it means...

From ColdStart to IntegeratedBattleGroups of IA .... we have seen PakArmedForces coming up with solid CounterMeasures....

What is now missing from this equation is massive fleet of armed drones and AttackHelicopters... for the rest PakArmedForces have now effective CounterStrategy in place.

We need to produce a massive fleet of ArmedDrones for all Four Wings of PakArmedForces!

4 wings?

Though late but cannot wait to join the party in the thread.

Pakistan, reportedly, has purchased 300 VT-4 MBTs from #Norinco in a deal worth ~$1 Billion. The delivery of initial batches is underway.
The VT-4, along side domestic AK1 project, will greatly increase the efficiency of Pakistan's armored corps.

The deliveries will complete by 2024. The payment of ~1$ Billion is for initial batches as order may expand further.
#HIT has already been upgraded to support and even modify #VT4 tank fleet.

Last edited:
Type99A uses 1500hp engine.
The 1500 HP engine of ZTZ-99A tank:
mmexport1565417893748.jpg

Though late but cannot wait to join the party in the thread.

Pakistan, reportedly, has purchased 300 VT-4 MBTs from #Norinco in a deal worth ~$1 Billion. The delivery of initial batches is underway.
The VT-4, along side domestic AK1 project, will greatly increase the efficiency of Pakistan's armored corps.

The deliveries will complete by 2024. The payment of ~1$ Billion is for initial batches as order may expand further.
#HIT has already been upgraded to support and even modify #VT4 tank fleet.

I'm sure there will be a couple of follow up orders in the laters years taking the VT-4 fleet to a 1,000 or close to.

VT4 1300 HP, 52tons, 25HP/t, max speed 71km/h, Full automatic gearbox
if change to 1500hp, 28.85HP/t, but will be Semi-automatic gearbox
VT4 has 3 Crews, 52 tons of 1300 horsepower is enough.

Leopard A7 has a 1500hp but weights 65tons, 23HP/t,4 crew members So it's heavy, and the loader needs a bigger turret.

Yes but not enough considering the adversary, there's also great deal that need to be mothballed. If we see even modern tanks taken out by comparably previous generation ATGMS (Syria theatre), you have to think carefully.
We have a ratio of 1:1.8 approx considering our adversary have to face China and Bangladesh too. We should now look into Attack Helis, Rocket Projectiles and Towed Artillery. India is about to get 100+ LCHs and about 22 Apaches. We need to look into this sector as our Cobras want to get retired

Last edited:
Gotta spread it now. :D

The cheasy opinions of Indians I have encountered so far,

1: China is delivering VT4 to Pakistan as an aid.
2: VT4 is equipped with 900HP engine and is on par with Indian upgraded T72.
3: VT4 is coming as Pakistan's own AK project has failed to deliver.
4: Pakistan is using foreign aid, given to counter COVID-19, for buying military weapons.

MORE to come... :smokin:

Shugal began yesterday :lol:

Pakistan has bought or produced 300 Tanks every decade.
282 T85 in late 80s,
320 T80 in late 90s,
300 AKs till 2010,
Now its turn of this decade.
VT 4 is 52 tone 1400+hp tank..its not in alkhalid catergery and as far as i know nothing in the region either..
T90 is more or less in alkhalid tank HP/weight range

Yes, rumours of 1500HP but not sure.

I hope to see the numbers of VT-4 in the region of 900.

They don't understand that 'Cold Start' will eventually become 'Cold Turkey'.
The army is boosting armoured and artillery power (already excellent) by a great deal.
Isnot the army over playing its hand..
Performance wise atleast isnt alkhalid a match for t90..
Why such a move to purchase a heavier tank all of sudden..
Also even with arterillery..i though we had enough m109s..we already have outdone them in this department ..
I am more concerened about the airforce ..if
PAF budges then no tank or arterllery will save pak army

Back
Top Bottom