What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

@PanzerKiel
Why did South African(SPH)failed as compared to Chinese one?
I never understood why G6 Rhino wasnt even considered it was the best SPH available to Pakistan. T5-52 was Good but no where near as Rhino. One of the Reasons we probably decided to go with SH-15 could be this Deal in the Broader term including the Future Prospect of adding a Chinese AFV.

Either Way Going By the Specs and considering the Cost SH-15 is a better option than T5.

I never understood why G6 Rhino wasnt even considered it was the best SPH available to Pakistan. One of the Reasons we probably decided to go with SH-15 could be this Deal in the Broader term including the Future Prospect of adding a Chinese AFV.
Yes, G6 is good but the price per unit is not. SH-15 is not far off but price per unit areuch more affordable plus it's in PLA service, meaning per unit is heavily brought down plus the abundant of spare as it share the same supply from PLA of suppliers.

Yes, G6 is good but the price per unit is not. SH-15 is not far off but price per unit areuch more affordable plus it's in PLA service, meaning per unit is heavily brought down plus the abundant of spare as it share the same supply from PLA of suppliers.
Which Chinese AFV and Mobile SAM are they talking about?

As someone sometimes involved in the arms industry, I can understand why South Africa finds it hard to win anything. There is a strange South African tax on all exports of military goods. Plus, there are no credit facilities which are vital for large purchases by third world countries. Not everyone is as rich as an Arab.

So whats the final numer of VT 4? 500? 300?

i heard from various sources 300 VT4 and 250 SH15. .. no official word on it yet though, i might be close ln it..
which tanks are VT4s replacing, and is PA raising new SH15 units ?

Yep, Thailand got 49 at $ 5.6 million a pop.

I see ERA on the hull, roof, turret frontal ark, and some coverage at sides. Production of AK-1 will continue until 220 units are delivered.

Once 220 units of AK1 are delivered is the AK1 project completely finished and hence forth only AK2 will be built or will we still get small batch Ak1 production

News of VT-4s has reached the neighborhood.

Be ready
Gotta spread it now. :D

The cheasy opinions of Indians I have encountered so far,

1: China is delivering VT4 to Pakistan as an aid.
2: VT4 is equipped with 900HP engine and is on par with Indian upgraded T72.
3: VT4 is coming as Pakistan's own AK project has failed to deliver.
4: Pakistan is using foreign aid, given to counter COVID-19, for buying military weapons.

MORE to come... :smokin:

Neighbours on twitter using posts from this thread as sources. Get ready for the panic :D
Shugal began yesterday :lol:

It's largest equipment purchase by PA in almost 2 decades.
Pakistan has bought or produced 300 Tanks every decade.
282 T85 in late 80s,
320 T80 in late 90s,
300 AKs till 2010,
Now its turn of this decade.

4: Pakistan is using foreign aid, given to counter COVID-19, for buying military weapons.

282 T85 in late 80s,
320 T80 in late 90s,
300 AKs till 2010,
vt4 It has a 1300-horsepower engine

One more question

VT4 is a off the shelf purchase

But the rumour was that SH15 is full ToT and once China delivers a initial amount, they will be made in-house

Can anyone confirm?

282 T85 in late 80s,
320 T80 in late 90s,
300 AKs till 2010,
Any news about Sh 15? What about Mobile SAMs and AFVs? What mobile SAMS and AFVs we are interested in?

Back
Top Bottom