What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

and you assumed that "close" means a variant ? English ugh.
well that's why i said, ask ! Don't assume.
This is also what u wrote!

" and thus close to AK series in many ways, its imperative that Pakistan sticks to local production of AK series "

I can assure you, all major components from sensor ,main engine, engine transmission, combat system , main gun and stabilize is nothing similar to Al Khalid. The reason why PA need to buy a new tank is to enhance the capabilities to another level
I think the question you want to ask from the universe is "why do people buy cheap chinese cr@p?"
@waz @WebMaster @Slav Defence @Horus

I don't think you have any intention for civilised debate. I hope moderator can step in for the better of this thread. If u can contribute meaningful things and fully back up any of your statement with real facts and account. I am sure your statement will be allowed here. But if you just come here and mess up and stereotype without valid reason. I think moderator shall step in to clear this thread.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/forum-rules-and-regulations-for-users.662937/

RTA order 10 additional VT-4 at USS 5.8 million each. Each price higher than T-90S.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2017/04/04/thailand-to-buy-more-chinese-tanks-reportedly-for-58m/

Chinese tanks are junk. Their engines are terrible. Bangladesh bought MBT-2000 that leaks when it rains. Just to give you an idea of the quality of garbage Norinco produces.
Are you idiot? MBT-2000 uses Ukraine engine 6TD-2

Are you idiot? MBT-2000 uses Ukraine engine 6TD-2

Only Al Khalid version uses Ukraine engine. The rest mbt-2000 export uses Chinese engine of 850hp. The 1200hp use for VT-4 cannot fit inside mbt-2000 as their chassis, engine transmission and layout are different. Peru require a higher HP engine which only Ukraine can provide that time in 2011.

Small 300 tank order ... long way to go

Unsure if it is Pakistan based on our economics which is more focused on Covid-19 pendemic

China reportedly begins delivery of modern major VT4 battle tanks to Pakistan – Defense Blog

By
Matilda Coleman
-
April 21, 2020

Inner Mongolia First Machinery Group Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of China North Industries Group Corporation (NORINCO), is reportedly starting to deliver new main VT4 battle tanks to Pakistan.

In mid-April 2020, at the Chinese tank factory located in Baotou, Inner Mongolia province, the ceremony of shipping the first, after the Chinese coronavirus pandemic, the first batch of VT4 main battle tanks equipped with explosive reactive armor (ERA) (Option FY-IV) for a foreign customer.

Chinese media reports that Pakistan is a foreign customer for these tanks.

In 2019, the Pakistani Army Armored Corps selected the Chinese VT4 tank, produced by Norinco, to meet the requirements for the acquisition of hundreds of new main battle tanks.

A military analyst, Muzammil Hatami, announced the selection of the Norinco VT4 to increase the Pakistani armored vehicle fleet.

"VT4 has confirmed for the future Pakistan Army tank and the Alkhalid II main battle tank is under development," said Muzammil Hatami during the tenth IDEAS international defense exhibition in Karachi, Pakistan.

The VT4 is a third generation MBT that Norinco offers for export. It is an improvement over the Al-Khalid MBT (also known as MBT-2000), which is currently in service with the Pakistan Army, although it retains the 125mm primary weapon, the carousel autoloader, and the crew configuration of the oldest vehicle.

Despite the details of the tender for the future tank being kept secret, it was reported that Pakistan could obtain around 100 MBT to satisfy the deficiency of MBT production in the country.

1587473467_96_China-reportedly-begins-delivery-of-modern-major-VT4-battle-tanks.jpg

Last week it was also reported that the Nigerian army received a shipment of military vehicles from the North China Industries Corporation (NORINCO).

According to local sources, NORINCO delivered the first of 17 military vehicles that compromised VT4 main battle tanks, SH5 105mm self-propelled howitzer with wheels and destroyed ST1 tanks.

* * If you want to report grammatical or factual errors in our news articles, you can report it to us using the online comment form.

https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/04/21/c...or-vt4-battle-tanks-to-pakistan-defense-blog/
------------
Have no idea about the authenticity of this news.
True. The news is 100% accurate. VT-4s are coming. @Dazzler i wouldn’t want to negate you but sorry this time your information needs updating. PA is in the process of receiving VT-4s. The deal had had been finalised last year. PA is looking at 300 units. 01 x Div Strength will be Re equipped with VT-4s. Delivery of the units to complete in 05 years.

True. The news is 100% accurate. VT-4s are coming. @Dazzler i wouldn’t want to negate you but sorry this time your information needs updating. PA is in the process of receiving VT-4s. The deal had had been finalised last year. PA is looking at 300 units. 01 x Div Strength will be Re equipped with VT-4s. Delivery of the units to complete in 05 years.

Lets see.

We don't need VT-4s. We need something like AK-Is and AK-2s above 500 in numbers

VT-4 beats AKs in mobility,electronics,optronics,stability,protection,production capacity.
but all in all, how reliable is the source, is VT–4 really going to Pakistan, in 300!?

Pakistan currently does not want to buy VT-4 to save money, they can choose to upgrade AK by integrating GL5 APS system

If news is true that VT-4 is being procured by Pakistan ,the paint scheme suggests that those tanks would be used up North with more vegetation. Or those tanks could be for Nigeria and we might get different ones.
Nonetheless if those are the paint scheme Pakistan wants it defiantly means those are to be used in the Northern regions of Punjab .

Pakistan currently does not want to buy VT-4 to save money, they can choose to upgrade AK by integrating GL5 APS system
Negative. The deals already been done and dusted.

If news is true that VT-4 is being procured by Pakistan ,the paint scheme suggests that those tanks would be used up North with more vegetation. Or those tanks could be for Nigeria and we might get different ones.
Nonetheless if those are the paint scheme Pakistan wants it defiantly means those are to be used in the Northern regions of Punjab .
Wish I could tell you the exact location where it will be based but due to OPSEC can’t.

Negative. The deals already been done and dusted.

Wish I could tell you the exact location where it will be based but due to OPSEC can’t.

If you can, could answer these question.
1.are the pictures where VT-4 are in Green digital cam the one's we are getting?
2.are the VT-4 being based somewhere very interesting?

can find some videos, Thailand bought a lot VT4
Thailand made a lot of videos about this tank.
IN some factors,VT4 is >99tank
Weight: 52 tons
Personnel: 3
Engine:1300 HP,Power system integral hoisting, 40 minutes to complete the replacement.
Transmission system:Integrated hydromechanical automatic transmission,It's like driving an automatic SUV.
Speed: 71km/H
0-32km/h:9s
It is highly informative and can be drove andshot by one person in case of emergency.

https://haokan.baidu.com/v?vid=12568070948786005706&pd=bjh&fr=bjhauthor&type=video&pd=pcshare

https://tv.sohu.com/v/cGwvOTMzNjg2MS8xMDQ5NDkxMjAuc2h0bWw=.html

Back
Top Bottom