What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Don't talk nonsense when you know nothing. VT-4 is not just an upgraded of MBT2000. Its a generation ahead and similar to Western field tank in terms of sensor and layout.

May I know what do you expect from a MBT?

To cross the trench instead of drowning. Something like this:

Dont mind the title of the video, the tank is clearly a t-80UD not Al khalid.

To cross the trench instead of drowning. Something like this:

Dont mind the title of the video, the tank is clearly a t-80UD not Al khalid.
I think you clearly do not understand how a mbt tank work instead just for the sake of
posting your biased view on VT-4. Did you ever see the chain fixed on the back of the VT-4 MBT? They are testing emergency measure in case of tank break down when snorkeling through river. That is why they have the chain fixed at back of the tank to haul back the tank.

You clearly just post for the sake of senseless bashing.. See when this video is uploaded. Aug 2017.. Thailand mass procurement of VT-4 confirmation was in late Dec 2017 and delivered was made in early 2018. If this tank is such a failure as what you try to suggest. RTA must be some idiot to continue buy this tank. Apparently, you know nothing.

Your epic failed. :enjoy:

Last edited:
I think you clearly do not understand how a mbt tank work instead just for the sake of
posting your biased view on VT-4. Did you ever see the chain fixed on the back of the VT-4 MBT? They are testing emergency measure in case of tank break down when snorkeling through river. That is why they have the chain fixed at back of the tank to haul back the tank.

You clearly just post for the sake of senseless bashing.. See when this video is uploaded. Aug 2017.. Thailand mass procurement of VT-4 confirmation was in late Dec 2017 and delivered was made in early 2018. If this tank is such a failure as what you try to suggest. RTA must be some idiot to continue buy this tank. Apparently, you know nothing.

Your epic failed. :enjoy:

No, i dont, you should explain it to me. I wasted my years in the industry.

No, i dont, you should explain it to me. I wasted my years in the industry.
I already explained. You are just too quick to jump into stupid conclusion trying to bash VT-4 to prove your hatre for it. You can clearly see from the video of the chain shackle at the back of the tank when they do the snorkeling. They are just doing an emergency recovery testing in case of breakdown which precisely they are doing it.

And you are quick to jump on the gun claiming VT-4 is a junk breaks down easily without getting your facts right and try to sell T-84 Oplot is such a wondertank which RTA even dumps this junk tank.

Your advise for asking PA to buy T-84 Oplot is as good as trash. And they are too many stupid idiot claiming VT-4 is just an upgraded of MBT2000. Shut your big mouth if you know nothing. Dont make a fool of yourself. There is a reason why VT-4 is called MBT3000 becos its an generation ahead of MBT2000 in terms of mobility, layout , battle management and weapon sensor.

Last edited:
I already explained. You are just too quick to jump into stupid conclusion trying to bash VT-4 to prove your hatre for it. You can clearly see from the video of the chain shackle at the back of the tank when they do the snorkeling. They are just doing an emergency recovery testing in case of breakdown which precisely they are doing it.

And you are quick to jump on the gun claiming VT-4 is a junk breaks down easily without getting your facts right and try to sell T-84 Oplot is such a wondertank which RTA even dumps this junk tank.

Your advise for asking PA to buy T-84 Oplot is as good as trash. And they are too many stupid idiot claiming VT-4 is just an upgraded of MBT2000. Shut your big mouth if you know nothing. Dont make a fool of yourself. There is a reason why VT-4 is called MBT3000 becos its an generation ahead of MBT2000 in terms of mobility, layout , battle management and weapon sensor.

Yes it is a junk as it was manufactured as a third rate export quality tank at best. It doesnt even feature a basic cooled thermal imager. We had to buy them off the shelf from France. The Chinese manual uncooled thermal imager went bonkers during trials and eventually failed. I've been part of things you fanboys and internet warriors can only dream off.

Tell me, which cooled thermal imager your industries have made to date?

The overall armor including the ERA of Oplot is a generation ahead of your crappy FY shit. Duplet has been proven effective against modern shaped kinetic energy rounds. It was so shitty that we had to build our own AORAK series for the Al khalids. The shelf life of a standard ERA is 10 years but the FY series had half of that.

Whatever you call your MBT 3000 or 100000, it will still remain what it is. A poor quality product. In fact, the original type-90IIM was overall a better product apart from the engine.

Do not push me or i will keep busting you bad.

Yes it is a junk as it was manufactured as a third rate export quality tank at best. It doesnt even feature a basic cooled thermal imager. We had to buy them off the shelf from France. The Chinese manual uncooled thermal imager went bonkers during trials and eventually failed. I've been part of things you fanboys and internet warriors can only dream off.

The overall armor including the ERA of Oplot is a generation ahead of your crappy FY shit. Duplet has been proven effective against modern shaped kinetic energy rounds. It was so shitty that we had to build our own AORAK series for the Al khalids. The shelf life of a standard ERA is 10 years but the FY series had half of that.

Whatever you call your MBT 3000 or 100000, it will still remain what it is. A poor quality product. In fact, the original type-90IIM was overall a better product apart from the engine.

Looks like I hit right on the nail. None of your BS is backed by any facts beside your so called fake insider or FB source.

Fancy you post a stupid video of VT-4 tank clearly with chain shackle the back of the tank when snorkeling. Clearly it is doing some recovery test and not some BS claim of breakdown when going underwater. All this are facts. :lol:

Dont make a fool of yourself. :rofl:

You shall go do consultant for comedy and not defense forum. :enjoy:

Looks like I hit right on the nail. None of your BS is backed by any facts beside your so called fake insider or FB source.

Fancy you post a stupid video of VT-4 tank clearly with chain shackle the back of the tank when snorkeling. Clearly it is doing some recovery test and not some BS claim of breakdown when going underwater. All this are facts. :lol:

Dont make a fool of yourself. :rofl:

You shall go do consultant for comedy and not defense forum. :enjoy:

BS is your speciality, i deal with serious things.

Name the cooled thermal imager that your super duper export tank has.

BS is your speciality, i deal with serious things.

Name the cooled thermal imager that your super duper export tank has.
Serious thing like what? Mix up between a clear recovery tank test with chain shackle at the back, mistaken as engine failure due to low quality manufacturing that water slip into engine due to your eagerness to bash just for the sake of bashing? :rofl:

Even a 3 years old kid will not make a defense analysis blunder like you.

Serious thing like what? Mix up between a clear recovery tank test with chain shackle at the back, mistaken as engine failure due to low quality manufacturing that water slip into engine due to your eagerness to bash just for the sake of bashing? :rofl:

Even a 3 years old kid will not make a defense analysis blunder like you.

So, what did the test prove, how long will it take to sink with the crew shouting for help sitting in the sealed compartment? :rofl:

Don't talk nonsense when you know nothing. VT-4 is not just an upgraded of MBT2000. Its a generation ahead and similar to Western field tank in terms of sensor and layout.

May I know what do you expect from a MBT?

sensors of another generation can be incorporated into the mbt2000. layout can always be rearranged. That's the definition of being upgraded.

I don't expect a need for another tank when the previous one can or should suffice with a little bit of investment and thought.

sensors of another generation can be incorporated into the mbt2000. layout can always be rearranged. That's the definition of being upgraded.

I don't expect a need for another tank when the previous one can or should suffice with a little bit of investment and thought.
Sorry, layout of the tank cannot be re arrange. If so might as well re design a new tank. I suggest you try find out more of what is VT-4 tank instead of passing casual comment and one blind leading another. If you really not sure. I suggest you just listen to Chinese insider cos large number of info about VT-4 is in Chinese or Chinese website. Or simply flip back previous pages of info about VT-4 which is informated by me.

They are large number of misinformation by Pakistanis especially those who brag about having non existent insider info or some who even claim FB as credible source which is nothing but fabricated nonsense.

Regarding your question on cooled thermal image sight, there are many sources that have mentioned cooled thermal image sight is in the standard VT4 configuration. Naturally I have not seen a VT4 myself (which makes me one of the fanboys :)) or have any knowledge as to whether it was not included in the particular VT4 vehicle that participated the trial in Pakistan (cannot imagine it doesn’t). Anyway, the paragraph below is from Army recognition website (a independent source as we know) for your reference:

Accessories
The MBT-3000 is equipped with a stabilised fire control including second-generation cooled thermal imager sights for the commander and gunner. The tank is also fitted with laser range finder. The tank commander position is fitted with a roof-mounted stabilized panoramic sight that allows a target to be acquired and then handed over to the gunner for engagement. Standard equipment of the MBT-3000 includes collective NBC protection system, IFF (Identification, friend or foe), GL5 active protection system, fire extinguisher feature, air-conditioning system and explosion suppression system. The active protection system is linked to laser threat warning with smoke shell launchers.

Cooled thermal image sight is also mentioned in the news regarding Thailand’s additional VT4 order from defense world.
http://www.defenseworld.net/news/21...e_Chinese_VT_4_Tanks_Order_to_49#.W0QQeCLx2aN

Regarding your comments around VT4 being a junk or third rated tank, you are naturally entitled to your opinion if you have low opinion on either this particular tank or Chinese industry in general. However I just find slightly surprising to see someone with industry experience makes such sentimental comments that dismisses a complex defense product altogether. And this was made on the belief that a specific feature is absent.

In what terms/performance aspects is VT-4 better than an upgraded AK-I?

Fire control system and situation awareness. That's where the superiority ends. The Al khalid has the upper hand in several features.

Do not trust any of Dazzler words. This guy knows nothing about VT-4. His comment for VT-4 is as good as trash. Please flip back the earlier thread to get the info you want. I do not want to keep repeating and repeating the same thing when reader do not even bother to look at earlier pages of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom