What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

There are AK MBT, heavier MBT and lighter MBT. I thought AK is good enough, heavy tanks are not very useful considering your bridge and enviroment.

Basically AK is a pakistan version of ZTZ-96 and could easily turn into ZTZ-96B or even better tank. FY-5 ERA can break down enemy APDS and HEAT. There are already lot of active proction systems like chinese GL-5 on the market which can proctect your tanks from enemy HEAT and ATGM.

I thought upgrade AK with better Relik or FY-5 ERA, and put something like GL-5 on it will make AK a far better thank than Oplot-M. Ukraine tanks are still in 1990s. After 27 years unstopped deindustrialization Ukraine have to buy truks from Korea and China for their army now. No need to wast your dollars in 1990s tanks.

There is nothing special about type96, they are just second generation support tanks for to fill in numbers. Al-Khalid was built on the third Gen platform of Type 90 so comparing both makes no sense.

No matter how upgraded, it's still a second Gen platform similar to our type85 upgraded, perhaps better protected.

There is nothing special about type96, they are just second generation support tanks for to fill in numbers. Al-Khalid was built on the third Gen platform of Type 90 so comparing both makes no sense.

No matter how upgraded, it's still a second Gen platform similar to our type85 upgraded, perhaps better protected.
Type80/85 developed into 88C and 90. those 88C renamed as type 96 while 90 developed into AK. Then type 96 have further development 96A and 96B. The later one equipped with an improved engine, improved high-performance gun with FY-5 ERA, an upgraded fire-control system, new transmission, chassis, ventilation, communications and computer systems, exhaust and suspension.

Yes, nothing special about 96. Type 96/MBT2000/VT1A/VT2 are related development. When I mention type96, I mean by contious upgrade AK will become a great tank. Save your dollars, build more AKII and hire more technician. And when you do that, I thought there will be more countries will come and import your weapon. Not only good for your national safty, but also good for economy.

I don't think buy foreign weapons to instead similar domestic systems are good choice. When I said that, I am including Chinese tanks. Don't buy VT-4, use those tech upgrade more AK. FY-5/GL-5/FCS/new cannon in VT-4 are good equipments to copy.

Last edited:
Type80/85 developed into 88C and 90. those 88C renamed as type 96 while 90 developed into AK. Then type 96 have further development 96A and 96B. The later one equipped with an improved engine, improved high-performance gun with FY-5 ERA, an upgraded fire-control system, new transmission, chassis, ventilation, communications and computer systems, exhaust and suspension.

Yes, nothing special about 96. Type 96/MBT2000/VT1A/VT2 are related development. When I mention type96, I mean by contious upgrade AK will become a great tank. Save your dollars, build more AKII and hire more technician. And when you do that, I thought there will be more countries will come and import your weapon. Not only good for your national safty, but also good for economy.

I don't think buy foreign weapons to instead similar domestic systems are good choice. When I said that, I am including Chinese tanks. Don't buy VT-4, use those tech upgrade more AK. FY-5/GL-5/FCS/new cannon in VT-4 are good equipments to copy.
The reason they go for Ukraine tanks is because of ToT. 6DT-2 engine or relik ERA?

The main potential importer might be some friendly Muslim countries.

The reason they go for Ukraine tanks is because of ToT. 6DT-2 engine or relik ERA?

The main potential importer might be some friendly Muslim countries.
Ukraine don't have the best ERA now, Relik is Russian ERA. And I doubt how fast they can provide those 6DT-2 to Pakistan when they should import their truks from Korea nowadays.

You are wrong on several accounts in this post. The type 80 and 90 series are vastly different despite sharing several key components. The most visible being driver seat. 9098/99 has it in the middle while 85/96have them at right.

Still I think the chance of get Ukraine engine TOT is impossible, because no one will risk his business in the future for just a single deal.
If I were Pakistanis, I will take advantage of Ukraine's pants down to get the max Benifits as well.

Ukraine don't have the best ERA now, Relik is Russian ERA. And I doubt how fast they can provide those 6DT-2 to Pakistan when they should import their truks from Korea nowadays.
利刃反应装甲?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nozh/Duplet has been rated as the best ERA kit against shaped charges by Europeans as well.

Still I think the chance of get Ukraine engine TOT is impossible, because no one will risk his business in the future for just a single deal.
If I were Pakistanis, I will take advantage of Ukraine's pants down to get the max Benifits as well.

利刃反应装甲?
View attachment 459431 View attachment 459432
这应该翻译叫做匕首。T-84用了三层ERA,这个很有想法,但是带来的就是大量重量浪费在了ERA上。

ERA性能不够数量来凑,这个思路好不好,不久美国人就会给我们个说法。估计美国佬买的那辆T-84已经在装船的路上了。现在谁买T-84谁倒霉,因为不日克制匕首反应装甲的炮弹就会大量装备。

No one has abandoned AK series, but the purchase is due to the low production rate and need to replace the fleet of obsolete tanks in a hurry. Otherwise the Ak1 is sufficient for the needs of PA.

There is a dichotomy in this argument. On one hand, HIT is not running at max capacity in producing AK series of tanks because there is a funding issue to they have been manufacturing in a limited capacity for the past decade. Then we want to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to buy tanks from the outside because we have a shortage and we haven't been producing enough locally.
Yeah this stink no matter how you look at it. I honestly don't see the urgency of buying VT-4 or Oplot ... use the money to increase production locally first.

Use English please, it's not a Chinese forum.

Thanks.

Use English please, it's not a Chinese forum.

Thanks.
Well, just a Chinese talked with a Chinese. Not very much information for you.

I am just saying Duplet ERA will be quickly phased out, because United States brought a single T-84 to test it's ERA. If Ukraine keep on doing bussiness like this, not very much Countries will buy Ukraine tanks any more.

I am just saying Duplet ERA will be quickly phased out, because United States brought a single T-84 to test it's ERA. If Ukraine keep on doing bussiness like this, not very much Countries will buy Ukraine tanks any more.

We have private chat or message function for that.

There is a dichotomy in this argument. On one hand, HIT is not running at max capacity in producing AK series of tanks because there is a funding issue to they have been manufacturing in a limited capacity for the past decade. Then we want to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to buy tanks from the outside because we have a shortage and we haven't been producing enough locally.
Yeah this stink no matter how you look at it. I honestly don't see the urgency of buying VT-4 or Oplot ... use the money to increase production locally first.

Yes, and you can wait American to test Oplot for you. Is the Duplet ERA as good as Ukraine claimed? Or just a paper tiger.

But India can't buy any rounds designed by USA, cause T90's auto loader.

Pakistan is looking for technology transfer from Ukraine, it's no wrong.

Back
Top Bottom