What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

How many serve currently on the PLA bro? What's China's plan in order to modernise its massive fleet?

Maybe few hundreds until now.

My concern is that the VT4 is a "downscaled" version from the very good Type-99 (won praise from western writers). What will Pakistan be getting?
Look at the armour of the T99A2
image.jpeg

Said recently T99A2 has entered into mass production after several years service in PLA army.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many serve currently on the PLA bro? What's China's plan in order to modernise its massive fleet?

It's the same issue for both, the difference at least China is on the doorstep and could deliver, and arrange tech transfer.
I agree but Ukraine can do same and Ukraine has better experience when it comes to engines and for us that is main issue as for other parts we can get them from Turkey and even Europe but engine is main issue

I agree but Ukraine can do same and Ukraine has better experience when it comes to engines and for us that is main issue as for other parts we can get them from Turkey and even Europe but engine is main issue

Ukraine can't do anything at this point in time my friend. Let's talks praticality, did you see what happened with the Thai army? Pakistan is now at a serious qualitative and quantitive advantage against India, which needs to be resolved ASAP.

I agree with you saying VT4 is a downsize version of T99A2, but it's not a water-down version.

Ukraine can't do anything at this point in time my friend. Let's talks praticality, did you see what happened with the Thai army? Pakistan is now at a serious qualitative and quantitive advantage against India, which needs to be resolved ASAP.
Brother, T90S of IA is inferior than AK. The only problem is the quantity disadvantage.

Maybe few hundreds until now.

Look at the armour of the T99A2
View attachment 458829

Said recently T99A2 has entered into mass production after several years service in PLA army.

Looks like heavy armor protections all around plus top and weight may be a problem most of std. bridges in pak go up to 60-70 tons with 10-15 tons transporter plus 50 ton tank you have a limit as most Infrastructure put on it

Type 99a almost 59 tons vs 52 tons vt-4

;)

Last edited:
Yes I know How much many Army guys knows. Janab I personally have helped few Army men in getting knowledge about attack helicopters as they knew nothing about helicopters as they were from infantry unit. Janab I myself has given information to Army Jawans to upcoming deal they had no clue about. O Bhai sorry yes they fight with passion but most Army Guys take their duty as job so they are hardly roaming around trying to get information what leadership is thinking and what weapons are coming. I can assure you Dazzler sources are as reliable as it can get. I myself has tried to question claims of people like @Horus and proven wrong over and over again and they being proven right.

According to our own Horus even Type 99 was quietly tested in Pakistan and again engine was the issue
Engine issue? I thoght it's the weather issue.

According the GJB 2392(National military standard 2392)and GJB1372, Most chinese armoured viechiles are designed to use under 40 degrees. Simply because we don't have the extreme weather like Pakistan. I thought your tanks don't need to start under -30 degrees too.

Engine issue? I thoght it's the weather issue.

According the GJB 2392(National military standard 2392)and GJB1372, Most chinese armoured viechiles are designed to use under 40 degrees. Simply because we don't have the extreme weather like Pakistan. I thought your tanks don't need to start under -30 degrees too.

Weather directly impacts the engine and thats where the problem begins. Sino mbt engines are not designed to withstand 55 + degree temperature during peak summers in Pakistani deserts and plains.

Cant agree more ... have seen mentioned ones making tall claims but when someone asks them about clarification on that
..all they do is act rude and take path of avoidance ...or at best give explanations that are beyond comprehension ... have been observing that for some time

All it takes for a member is to talk about what he thinks people are willing to hear or what will make him a hero ... All it takes for them is to make up few things and post them

In my personal experience even the people in military doesn't know much details about the on going projects (apart from the ones who are either dedicated to these projects or are at specific ranks) due to the secretive and non disclosure nature of the way our military procurements work .. I wonder then how these arm chair generals claim to know about such things ...

I know a person who is a pilot and believe me on various occasions I have realized that even he doesn't know about 90% of the things claimed here on this forum by these so called insiders. ..

If you know much and spill it on public places you will end answering to powerful institution who protect national interest, I think you don't know that.

Have you ever worked in any defense related organization in Pakistan?? Ever heard of MVRD & AVRD (in my time one was abolish)???

Ukraine have better armour that is why T-80s we're selected not the Chinese tanks, but both have their pros and cons in their systems.

If you know much and spill it on public places you will end answering to powerful institution who protect national interest, I think you don't know that.

Have you ever worked in any defense related organization in Pakistan?? Ever heard of MVRD & AVRD (in my time one was abolish)???

Ukraine have better armour that is why T-80s we're selected not the Chinese tanks, but both have their pros and cons in their systems.

This is what my point is ...how come someone who is not within ranks get to know about such information and can easily spill on public forum ? That was the whole point i was trying to make. .. i dont know how you comprehended it though

The argument was never about Ukrainian or Chinese

This is what my point is ...how come someone who is not within ranks get to know about such information and can easily spill on public forum ? That was the whole point i was trying to make. .. i dont know how you comprehended it though

There is something called PR with in family and friends and these days MoD is not hard on many occasions, you can see on duty people posting pics of equipment, same happen when they share verbally with others but still they can land in hot Waters, in my time I even avoid to talk about day to day stuff with other departments people to avoid landing in hot Waters.

There is something called PR with in family and friends and these days MoD is not hard on many occasions, you can see on duty people posting pics of equipment, same happen when they share verbally with others but still they can land in hot Waters, in my time I even avoid to talk about day to day stuff with other departments people to avoid landing in hot Waters.

IMO this is related change in society's perception about one's worth. Now you have to boast about yourself to get more respect. No one really likes the mild mannered decent man anymore. Everyone wants to the macho man and look cool. Hence, these things get leaked in the open.

IMO this is related change in society's perception about one's worth. Now you have to boast about yourself to get more respect. No one really likes the mild mannered decent man anymore. Everyone wants to the macho man and look cool. Hence, these things get leaked in the open.

I m not boosting about my self, and the way write show what low caliber Pakistan society is now producing.

I m not boosting about my self, and the way write show what low caliber Pakistan society is now producing.

My post was not directed at you. I am talking about the current generation of from years 20-28. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

So whats the mechanism to judge if someone is telling truth or just spreading rumors going by your logic... Tomorrow i can show up and claim few things , so would you start believing...

Until there are strong grounds to back up one's claims ...we should take it as someone's opinion rather than a fact...

I was the one on this forum who broke the news of Pakistan interest in chinese submarines back in 2011 and issues of going a ahead with U boats ... it was difficult for many to digest it at that time but i had quoted the exact person word by word with his consent instead of becoming a hero myself ...after some time the news proved to be true ...Had that source not allowed me to quote him ..i wouldnt have shared that news...not only because it would have been unethical on my part ....but also because it might misguide many and put my credibility and national interest at stake

On contrary i see few members who are claiming anything and everything without any solid ground ...atleast i am not believing those..if you want to ..your choice !!

Defense industry have a very long supply chain. So someone knows something is not strange. Not every aspect in every weapon is classifed.

Ukraine have better tanks in 1980s, but after 27years of deindustrialization not very much left there. Their army have to use T-64 against separatist in 2014, and lost control of half of the country. Thailand brought T-84 from Ukraine, and they can't finish such small trade like 49 tanks.

I am not arguing with you about Chinese tanks.

Ukraine delivered 10 tanks to Thailand from 2011 to 2015. Until now, Thailand still didn't have their first order of 49 tanks.

I thought that is the maxium production speed of Ukraine. Cos no T-84 tanks shows in Dontesk battlefields.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom