What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Add armor to the list. Ukrainian armor is truly excellent.
Oplot's armour is even better than T99A2?

Five filthy Indians on the train staring at Chinese ladies with lascivious eyes. I'm gonna kick their ***. They are quite disturbing.
I need to teach them how to behave in China. They look just like rapists.

Talk later on.

Oplot's armour is even better than T99A2?

Five filthy Indians on the train staring at Chinese ladies with lascivious eyes. I'm gonna kick their ***. They are quite disturbing.
I need to teach them how to behave in China. They look just like rapists.

Talk later on.

Did I compare both?

Did I compare both?
Do we have detailed information of the armors from both tanks to compare?

Did I compare both?

I mean, by what, you can conclude Oplot's armour is better than VT4?

@Dazzler I'm not here to promote VT4, cause not a penny will go to my pocket. You must have very solid proof to stand your claim.

I mean, by what, you can conclude Oplot's armour is better than VT4?

@Dazzler I'm not here to promote VT4, cause not a penny will go to my pocket. You must have very solid proof to stand your claim.

Yes i do, the fact that Al khalid's composite armor share similarities with that of the armor used in t-80ud instead of its ancestor type-85III is a testament to that.

I am not ging to discuss the materials used, we need to keep in mind that thickness or armor does not make the armor great or impenetrable. Materials, their make, density counts too.

When it comes to ERA kits, the ukrainian nozh/ duplet are clearly ahead of Chinese origina, not latest FY-series that came as standard with Al-khalid. We ourself make two different types of ERA kits, one at NDC and the other at KRL.

Of course, China has made rapid advancements in these fields too no denying that, these comparisons at no point are directed to your type-99A2 as we never used that system.

But, Chinese FCS/ GCS is still a lot better, at least what we saw in AK prototypes as well as recently in VT-4, no question about it. Ukrainian fcs need some catching up to do.

Bottomline, the comparison is strictly based on Pakistan's own experience and should be taken as such.

Regards.

29028192_1636642749722242_8143653349250564096_n.jpg

VT 4 spotted in Rawalpindi Photo credit our very own @Tipu7

Last edited:
Do not listen to the Dazzler, he make plenty of nonsense and non fact about Oplot and VT-4 which many come from non concrete proof and based on personal preference only... Just like the Zarvan who so called reliable link and fact come from random facebook post from the so called fake insider who just love to spread fake news.

Cant agree more ... have seen mentioned ones making tall claims but when someone asks them about clarification on that
..all they do is act rude and take path of avoidance ...or at best give explanations that are beyond comprehension ... have been observing that for some time

All it takes for a member is to talk about what he thinks people are willing to hear or what will make him a hero ... All it takes for them is to make up few things and post them

In my personal experience even the people in military doesn't know much details about the on going projects (apart from the ones who are either dedicated to these projects or are at specific ranks) due to the secretive and non disclosure nature of the way our military procurements work .. I wonder then how these arm chair generals claim to know about such things ...

I know a person who is a pilot and believe me on various occasions I have realized that even he doesn't know about 90% of the things claimed here on this forum by these so called insiders. ..

Do not listen to the Dazzler, he make plenty of nonsense and non fact about Oplot and VT-4 which many come from non concrete proof and based on personal preference only... Just like the Zarvan who so called reliable link and fact come from random facebook post from the so called fake insider who just love to spread fake news.

You are warned, any more nonsense idiotic patriotic songs directed towards me will get you banned.

Post Reported.

Regards
Cant agree more ... have seen mentioned ones making tall claims but when someone asks them about clarification on that
..all they do is act rude and take path of avoidance ...or at best give explanations that are beyond comprehension ... have been observing that for some time

All it takes for a member is to talk about what he thinks people are willing to hear or what will make him a hero ... All it takes for them is to make up few things and post them

In my personal experience even the people in military doesn't know much details about the on going projects (apart from the ones who are either dedicated to these projects or are at specific ranks) due to the secretive and non disclosure nature of the way our military procurements work .. I wonder then how these arm chair generals claim to know about such things ...

I know a person who is a pilot and believe me on various occasions I have realized that even he doesn't know about 90% of the things claimed here on this forum by these so called insiders. ..

Care to those 90% things that you think the pilot should know and didnt? Kids like you are naive to the core. You dont know zilch about military inductions and here you beat the drum as if you know it all.

Tell me, what are the basic criteria of testing an armored fighting vehicle by any customer?

My concern is that the VT4 is a "downscaled" version from the very good Type-99 (won praise from men western writers). What will Pakistan be getting?

Yes I know How much many Army guys knows. Janab I personally have helped few Army men in getting knowledge about attack helicopters as they knew nothing about helicopters as they were from infantry unit. Janab I myself has given information to Army Jawans to upcoming deal they had no clue about. O Bhai sorry yes they fight with passion but most Army Guys take their duty as job so they are hardly roaming around trying to get information what leadership is thinking and what weapons are coming. I can assure you Dazzler sources are as reliable as it can get. I myself has tried to question claims of people like @Horus and proven wrong over and over again and they being proven right.

My concern is that the VT4 is a "downscaled" version from the very good Type-99 (won praise from men western writers). What will Pakistan be getting?
According to our own Horus even Type 99 was quietly tested in Pakistan and again engine was the issue

Yes I know How much many Army guys knows. Janab I personally have helped few Army men in getting knowledge about attack helicopters as they knew nothing about helicopters as they were from infantry unit. Janab I myself has given information to Army Jawans to upcoming deal they had no clue about. O Bhai sorry yes they fight with passion but most Army Guys take their duty as job so they are hardly roaming around trying to get information what leadership is thinking and what weapons are coming. I can assure you Dazzler sources are as reliable as it can get. I myself has tried to question claims of people like @Horus and proven wrong over and over again and they being proven right.

According to our own Horus even Type 99 was quietly tested in Pakistan and again engine was the issue
Bro,You just bring it too far. Type 99 is not ready for export, how can it be in Pakistan?

Brother,T99A2 is too expensive. PLA can't even afford to induct them in bulks.

How many serve currently on the PLA bro? What's China's plan in order to modernise its massive fleet?

It's the same issue for both, the difference at least China is on the doorstep and could deliver, and arrange tech transfer.

Back
Top Bottom