What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

It is indeed as good, here is why:

img049.jpg

No hull penetration.

And it'll be better as Roketsan and SFTE have signed a protocol to develop ERA together :-)

http://en.c4defence.com/Agenda/two-new-contracts-by-roketsan-and-aselsan/4962/1

Any news from the trials of VT-4 & Oplot ???
Well no news. We are all waiting although former defence minister Khurram Dastagir when visited Russia said we are interested in T-90. I think our interested could be for Al Haider project

Looks like heavy armor protections all around plus top and weight may be a problem most of std. bridges in pak go up to 60-70 tons with 10-15 tons transporter plus 50 ton tank you have a limit as most Infrastructure put on it

Type 99a almost 59 tons vs 52 tons vt-4

;)
Why don't Pakistani military engineers build bridges next to the civil one to be used on conflict time I remember Iraqis built a bridge in a rural area took them three days to complete

Why don't Pakistani military engineers build bridges next to the civil one to be used on conflict time I remember Iraqis built a bridge in a rural area took them three days to complete

Because many bridges would need to be built as there are many rivers, canals, etc in Pakistan, unlike Iraq.

Because many bridges would need to be built as there are many rivers, canals, etc in Pakistan, unlike Iraq.
Iraqi climate, geography is very, very similar to Pakistan. Both are essentially river civilizations flowing through sandy semi-arid desert rimmed by mountains. In Iraq they have the Euphrates/Tigris rivers whereas in Pakistan we have Indus river.

Iraqi climate, geography is very, very similar to Pakistan. Both are essentially river civilizations flowing through sandy semi-arid desert rimmed by mountains. In Iraq they have the Euphrates/Tigris rivers whereas in Pakistan we have Indus river.

Obviously you're not a military man and don't understand terrain in the military sense.

Obviously you're not a military man
True.

don't understand terrain in the military sense.
my subjects of interest are history/geography which I did at A-level. And since then have a lifetimes reading to back up. I can assure you there is enormous similiarity between Tigris/Euphrates basin and Indus basin. Both were cradles of civilization and share remarkable similarities in geography/landscape and weather.

Parts of Iraq are marshy, parts are dissected by irrigation canals fed by dams upstream, parts are open, rolling desert. Now what does that remind you of? And terrain seen from a military point is no more then looking at it from mobility/logistic and defence vantages. These are things a good geographer can easily spot out.

Bottom line Pakistan should never let bridges hamper it from doing what it's better for it. India is getting Arjun which is a heavy tank while Pakistan face it with 40 ton tank that's translate into less armor against stronger and heavy one.
Steal bridges are easy and cheap to make also they make the life of the people easier

Terrain/bridges are just an excuse. VT4 is just an upgraded/mlu'd mbt2000. If DEPO/HIT/PA was competent they would upgrade the Al-Khalid (with Altay subsystems + autoloader) and build more of them. If they still felt the need for another tank - go for a true beast in the Altay or a version of South Korean K2A2 (another lighter tank). In fact no need to introduce another type of tank. PA needs numbers now. Weapons procurement is again found to be wanting.

Terrain/bridges are just an excuse. VT4 is just an upgraded/mlu'd mbt2000. If DEPO/HIT/PA was competent they would upgrade the Al-Khalid (with Altay subsystems + autoloader) and build more of them. If they still felt the need for another tank - go for a true beast in the Altay or a version of South Korean K2A2 (another lighter tank). In fact no need to introduce another type of tank. PA needs numbers now. Weapons procurement is again found to be wanting.
There problem is fund related not tech even the AK can be up armored and add new gadgets to make it in line with the modern and advanced tanks in making
Those who make heavier tanks make it because it can offer more protection and it can stand more punch than those light once
T-72 made for the Soviet doctrine not The other nations even Russians abandoned the old design for a heavier ones

Don't talk nonsense when you know nothing. VT-4 is not just an upgraded of MBT2000. Its a generation ahead and similar to Western field tank in terms of sensor and layout.

May I know what do you expect from a MBT?

Back
Top Bottom