What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

to put it easy, you can drive VT 4 easily like a car.
I 'm not a technical dog, so you can search hydrodynamic drive. the engine is very intact, smaller size and easy to replace.

high power, low worn gear, little noise.

and its automatic gear shifting, which means driving friendly.

Does VT-4 come with multiple reverse speed transmission? it is a must for every modern mbt to maneuver fast to avoid engagement you know. The previous version had no such feature.

Does VT-4 come with multiple reverse speed transmission? it is a must for every modern mbt to maneuver fast to avoid engagement you know. The previous version had no such feature.
its not mentioned in the source i get access, i will notice it when more information disclosed.

i dont address anything that i dont know.

Way better in what regards? Please elaborate

Thats where the fanboyism comes, these guys know zilch about technical aspects and still come up with such childish comments. They dont know how mbts, and their components are tested but will boast as if thier super duper stuff bettered all.

The 6td series has proven credentials against the likes of Perkins Condor engine, MTU 883 engine, and it bettered them both in terms of serviceability, raw performance and torque, MTBO to name a few but somehow this new Chinese engine defeated it.

Just hilarious.

its not mentioned in the source i get access, i will notice it when more information disclosed.

i dont address anything that i dont know.

VT-4 has no such feature. It offers just one reverse gear and can barely move at 3-5 miles/ hour in reverse.

@Dazzler if they repalce the second generarion thermal imagers with third gen thermal imagers, the cost will keep increasing.

@Dazzler if they repalce the second generarion thermal imagers with third gen thermal imagers, the cost will keep increasing.

First, i seriously doubt if China even produces second generation thermal sights, especially those comparable to Catherine. Provide some info to prove me wrong but Al khalid is outfitted with Catherine and even thirf generation matis imagers. Do you know that Al khalid also uses Sagem Matis, a third generation thermal imager in some command mbts?

it depends how much customer can afford, like high/low configurations.

First, i seriously doubt if China even produces second generation thermal sights, especially those comparable to Catherine. Provide some info to prove me wrong but Al khalid is outfitted with Catherine and even thirf generation matis imagers. Do you know that Al khalid also uses Sagem Matis, a third generation thermal imager in some command mbts?
my.source is sure we are now mass producing thrid gen cooled thermal imagers. Russians are pretty struggling with it, we might provide technical support to them. i heard they also get thermal imagers from France.

it depends how much customer can afford, like high/low configurations.

my.source is sure we are now mass producing thrid gen cooled thermal imagers. Russians are pretty struggling with it, we might provide technical support to them. i heard they also get thermal imagers from France.

YEs, they do. All their Armatas, upgraded t-80s, 72s and 90s have French thermal imagers. Developing one is by no means easy but somehow China came up with second and even third generation TIs. Where is the data?

Thats where the fanboyism comes, these guys know zilch about technical aspects and still come up with such childish comments. They dont know how mbts, and their components are tested but will boast as if thier super duper stuff bettered all.

The 6td series has proven credentials against the likes of Perkins Condor engine, MTU 883 engine, and it bettered them both in terms of serviceability, raw performance and torque, MTBO to name a few but somehow this new Chinese engine defeated it.

Just hilarious.

VT-4 has no such feature. It offers just one reverse gear and can barely move at 3-5 miles/ hour in reverse.
as i research further, CH 1000 engine of VT 4 fearures 3 reverse gear, the max speed of reverse driving is 34KM/hour.

YEs, they do. All their Armatas, upgraded t-80s, 72s and 90s have French thermal imagers. Developing one is by no means easy but somehow China came up with second and even third generation TIs. Where is the data?
T99A 2 had been using it for quite a while.

as i research further, CH 1000 engine of VT 4 fearures 3 reverse gear, the max speed of reverse driving is 34KM/hour.

T99A 2 had been using it for quite a while.

Where is the data or link to back your claims?

as a Chinese, i know much more than you do. otherwise i will be a joke.

those information was collected by the journalists attending the Zhuhai air show.

as a Chinese, i know much more than you do. otherwise i will be a joke.

those information was collected by the journalists attending the Zhuhai air show.

I dont care about nationalities. I am a technical guy looking to upgrade my knowledge and want you to help me doing it. When you make claims and dont back it up with data, your claims remain hollow. it is that simple. You may know a lot more than me and others but if your knowledge fails you in proving something you claimed, it is useless.

i want you guys to understand that its important China is.able to produce third gen thermal imagers on our own, cause no one will sell it to us in war time.

Back
Top Bottom