What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

View attachment 750489
a few other interesting points;

VT-4 has 8xx mm of protection against APFSDS projectiles with FY-2 ERA on turret and Hull front. Even if we assume the lowest possible value of 800mm, with FY-4E ERA like the Pakistani ones have, the Front protection of VT-4 is superior to Indian T90S (which has around 800-880MM depending on the exact region). Not a small accomplishment considering how good Russian armor is.
It also shows that Al-Khalids armor is not that far behind VT-4 and T90S, which makes sense considering it has High-hardened steel base+ Ukrainian/Russian style composites + NERA inserts and newer ERA. Al-khalid needs better side protection and turret ERA coverage, hopefully something we will see in the next version.

Thank you, but I did not make this, I had asked some Chinese friends who translated it and posted it on another site called SH forum, they sent it to me.
do you have uncensored version if yes plz PM me ...

do you have uncensored version if yes plz PM me ...
Uncensored version was not released publicly, I have checked Chinese forums and defense sites for it as well but did not find it. China wants to keep some things hidden i suppose, good for us as well, the enemy doesn’t know it’s exact capability.

Uncensored version was not released publicly, I have checked Chinese forums and defense sites for it as well but did not find it. China wants to keep some things hidden i suppose, good for us as well, the enemy doesn’t know it’s exact capability.

Someone has access to it somewhere.

Which Chinese forums? They all got nuked in April this year.

Someone has access to it somewhere :(
That someone is sadly not me.
Which Chinese forums? They all got nuked in April this year.
SinoDefence, Chinese section on this forum, Chinese section on East Asia forum, ChineseMilitaryDefense forum (doesn’t work anymore so I presume nuked), some Chinese social media (I honestly wasn’t keeping track of the names of the sites, sorry) and another one which was entirely in Chinese so I don’t know it’s name but my Chinese friend referred to it as “SH” and that’s where they posted this as well.

That someone is sadly not me.

SinoDefence, Chinese section on this forum, Chinese section on East Asia forum, ChineseMilitaryDefense forum (doesn’t work anymore so I presume nuked), some Chinese social media (I honestly wasn’t keeping track of the names of the sites, sorry) and another one which was entirely in Chinese so I don’t know it’s name but my Chinese friend referred to it as “SH” and that’s where they posted this as well.

Lol I thought you meant Chinese language forums. SInodefence is a. English language forum talking about Chinese military equipment. We get a lot of our info from Chinese forums and blogs but if late a lot of them got killed off.

Lol I thought you meant Chinese language forums. SInodefence is a. English language forum talking about Chinese military equipment. We get a lot of our info from Chinese forums and blogs but if late a lot of them got killed off.
I went to some Chinese language forums too, I just don’t recall their names as I wasn’t keeping track of them (they were in Chinese after all), but I’m sure I was only scratching the surface of all of them since it’s difficult to figure out where exactly to look. I was mostly just on English ones.

Make sense, what's the timeline for induction of 300 VT4 in PA

Make sense, what's the timeline for induction of 300 VT4 in PA
Considering the speed at which Chinese build stuff and the current delivery rate, I would guess the first order of 300 will be done by 2024. Considering the PAs Requirements, more will likely be ordered, this may turn into a long term acquisition plan where if China unveils an improved version, like a “VT-4A”, PA might order that instead, since VT-4 and AK-1 (or the AK-2, whenever that comes) are going to be the mainstay of the future of Pakistani armor.

Considering the speed at which Chinese build stuff and the current delivery rate, I would guess the first order of 300 will be done by 2024. Considering the PAs Requirements, more will likely be ordered, this may turn into a long term acquisition plan where if China unveils an improved version, like a “VT-4A”, PA might order that instead, since VT-4 and AK-1 (or the AK-2, whenever that comes) are going to be the mainstay of the future of Pakistani armor.
Quite likely that this order will go beyond 300 units , you rightly said after this follow up order can be advanced variant of VT4 as till then chines possiblely introduce 1 to 2 advance version of VT4 (by looking at there overall defense equipment improvement speed).

As i remember if not wrong PAA requirements of tanks is around 1000 units in coming years , so Alkahlid can not full fill this numbers (even HIT) improve there production rate, So VT4 and its coming variants will fill major part of it) if PAA dont go for any other foreigner tank option (most unlikely) in future

Quite likely that this order will go beyond 300 units , you rightly said after this follow up order can be advanced variant of VT4 as till then chines possiblely introduce 1 to 2 advance version of VT4 (by looking at there overall defense equipment improvement speed).

As i remember if not wrong PAA requirements of tanks is around 1000 units in coming years , so Alkahlid can not full fill this numbers (even HIT) improve there production rate, So VT4 and its coming variants will fill major part of it) if PAA dont go for any other foreigner tank option (most unlikely) in future

The issues was never production capacity which is 50 per year of HIT but finances which only allowed for half at the most

Anyway paa internal folks can shed more light maybe vt4 is better suited for Morden battle field and delay in ak2 may be the reason moving on better not guesstimate

The issues was never production capacity which is 50 per year of HIT but finances which only allowed for half at the most

Anyway paa internal folks can shed more light maybe vt4 is better suited for Morden battle field and delay in ak2 may be the reason moving on better not guesstimate
VT4-p has better stabilizer (electromechanical) and similar protection to 99A thanks to fy4. The unique feature is auto boresight and RCWS slaved to panoramic sight which the 99a lacks. C4I is the best in the region.

Back
Top Bottom