What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

How many VT-4 have been delivered so far?
72 tanks per regiment, two regiments so far so that's 144?

44 tanks per regiment, 3 regiments so far, 128 total.
first were 47 cavalry and then 6 lancers, third batch delivered in may, not sure to which regiment.
B36276FD-734C-40DF-873D-5AF3FC66C1B3.png

Thanks for sharing, i have same information that now vT4 = al haider but @Tipu7 Tweet asking VT4 as Al haider with question mark.. arises question , (as still a chance Al hiader not equal to VT4
We still don't know how we are going to 'brand' these tanks. VT4 is awkward name. Pakistan specific version, which is in process of absorbing more systems, should/may have a specific name.
I won't rule out the 'Al-Haider' title.

Not sure where is 72 came from visited a unit while back 44 with 4 tank squadrons and each sqn has 3/4 troops of 3/4

You've got the numbers and regiments badly mixed up.
Oh, my bad, I assumed those two because that’s the regiment they were first inducted in and the second we saw in the parade. (Looking at the markings on the tanks). From the two regiments seen and the third delivery in may I assumed 128 tanks, But if I’m wrong that’s good, rather this information be hidden than be public, thanks for the correction :)

Oh, my bad, I assumed those two because that’s the regiment they were first inducted in and the second we saw in the parade. (Looking at the markings on the tanks). From the two regiments seen and the third delivery in may I assumed 128 tanks, But if I’m wrong that’s good, rather this information be hidden than be public, thanks for the correction :)
Regiments get changed, new regiments take over the equipment.

I thought PA already has 300 VT-4s in its fleet.

Besides VT-4s is PA looking to order 300 T-84 Oplot tanks from Ukraine; along with the degradation of the T-80 UDs?

As new Armies don't rely on big numbers of tanks, rather on smaller numbers of Modern Main Battle Tanks.

Are there any options open for PA for any Western Tanks?

Back
Top Bottom