What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

No, it can fire GP5 guided missile up to a range of 5kms. Ours don't have a hardkill aps as of now. It uses laser and IR sensors plus cameras for threat detection.
Sir can you clarify what type of APS is our vt4 using and how effective is it can it tackle spike ATGMs ...

Sir can you clarify what type of APS is our vt4 using and how effective is it can it tackle spike ATGMs ...
TBFZSXPNLVWKWHX3RY4SM3EWPQ.jpg

I am glad Pakistan Army has gotten another new toy but I have seen this jubilation and verve every time a new tank comes in the Armored Corps. I remember when T-80UD was inducted, I remember when Al Khalid was inducted and now VT4. While it may give some temporary excitement today but in the long run such inductions are counter productive into allowing factories like HIT to make a tank itself. Our dependency & servitude continues unfortunately!

I am glad Pakistan Army has gotten another new toy but I have seen this jubilation and verve every time a new tank comes in the Armored Corps. I remember when T-80UD was inducted, I remember when Al Khalid was inducted and now VT4. While it may give some temporary excitement today but in the long run such inductions are counter productive into allowing factories like HIT to make a tank itself. Our dependency & servitude continues unfortunately!

Bro still significant gaps to be filled even with the VT-4, I guess that’s where Al-Khalid production will count.

For the eyes, one can guess what it holds beneath.

Imagine, camouflaged in dark night, enemy thinks that they are out of reach and hidden, you are using day/night vision while your net-centricity screen and scope gives you battle Field view and still connected with pack all around and so in the air, the castle in the air gives you coordinates with trajectory helping firing solution and you just get them with surprise without any chance for them to escape. Abhinandan was the prey of only 1 text book trick.

View attachment 672316

52 tonnes, high speed with surprisingly fast moving turret along with all the RC gun and automatic fire/reload and all the battle picture like a Radar installed tank, can't be powered with simple 1300 hp engine I guess.
This looks Badass.

Looking at work horses of branches of Pak Armed Forces. Foreign MBT (VT-4) for PA. Foreign Frigates (054) and Subs (039) for PN.
At least JF-17 is not completely foreign. PAF is ahead in this case. Had AK production continued, PA would have been on par with PAF.
PN has had a late start comparatively speaking. Naval assets cost a lot more as compared to assets of other branches(in general). Usually u will find the cost of a sub or a decently capable frigate(or if we go higher a destroyer) is a lot more per unit as compared to a tank, MLRS, artillery, attack helicopter, and sometimes even jets. PN has been neglected for far too long(as in not enough funds available as much was needed)...
...not to mention the lack of private defense industry. So import is their only choice for systems as complex as frigates and subs. Still they have made commendable efforts...for example the last 4 of the 8 subs are to be built in Pak, Turkish frigates come with ToT, and the effort to domestically convert a commercial jet into an LRMPA.

In comparison PA has had less issues with availability of funding(if we compare it to PN). AK rolled out in early 2000s. From then on they had the option of churning it out in numbers...or if it was found lacking...they could've taken the PAF kind of route of a JV to seek the needed help so AK2 can be ready.
AK and AK1 are actually sufficient in their capability and the threat they face. The issue has been low numbers produced. Funds could've been allocated to ramp up production. In any case...idk the details of why AK/AK1 couldn't meet the numbers that were needed...and hence VT4 was acquired to fill the gap. The point is the army had much longer to make smart uses of its budget. PAF and PN have made great strides in various fronts whether it involves JV, or ToT, or integrating assets for a better situational awareness, etc. I hope PA can learn from that...and make efficient use of its funds to stretch every dollar and squeeze maximum benefit out of it...along with preparing for the modern battlefield(something akin to what we saw from PAF in Feb 2019...complete and total awareness and control of the situation).

Bro still significant gaps to be filled even with the VT-4, I guess that’s where Al-Khalid production will count.

That is the real PROBLEM! Instead of formal planning & investing into making ONE tank for Pakistan at HIT, Pakistan Army is always filling 'operational gaps' by buying T-80UD and VT-4 types tanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom