What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

T-90 after knowing that the VT-4 has been inducted by PA

1600848062742.png

That is the real PROBLEM! Instead of formal planning & investing into making ONE tank for Pakistan at HIT, Pakistan Army is always filling 'operational gaps' by buying T-80UD and VT-4 types tanks

Al-Khalid route is exactly what can be called for self reliance, modern, advance & beasty kind of indigenous tank at home. Sometimes, given the circumstances & resources; one had to wait a lot without telling everyone that we are in need and helpless.

M109A5s, SH-15, VN-1, VT-4, Z10-ME (almost all big ticket items), high speed DLs allowing high speed net centricity - this feels like PA has bet big on revamping armor, specially from a strike corps perspective.

Still, all said and done, air defense will remain a huge liability (not to a level of 2000-10) but still the threat is critical. And SHORADS alone won't cut it. Army will need to eventually share some of this moolah with PAF. =)

AK and AK1 are actually sufficient in their capability and the threat they face. The issue has been low numbers produced. Funds could've been allocated to ramp up production. In any case...idk the details of why AK/AK1 couldn't meet the numbers that were needed...and hence VT4 was acquired to fill the gap.
Nothing against VT-4.
MBts are here to stay in PA, an ever lasting vision is needed. I previously said that T-59 should completely exit so one can see how many different types of tanks are operated by PA. In contrast, IA has majority T-72 and then T-90.

Welcome VT-4 ! I hope we don't have to wait for long for the confirmation of Z-10, J-15/16, JH-7, J-10, and other goodies including the newer versions of the chinese Submarines. :tup:

Nothing against VT-4.
MBts are here to stay in PA, an ever lasting vision is needed. I previously said that T-59 should completely exit so one can see how many different types of tanks are operated by PA. In contrast, IA has majority T-72 and then T-90.
Don't you think we should increase the number of tank regiments deployed with infantry by keep utilizing the Type 59/69 fleet?

Welcome VT-4 ! I hope we don't have to wait for long for the confirmation of Z-10, J-15/16, JH-7, J-10, and other goodies including the newer versions of the chinese Submarines. :tup:
J 15 can not be exported by china acc to the agreement with Russia and i hope that Pakistan will never go for jh7 though they might choose z10 if the viper deal is again delayed or rejected

Don't you think we should increase the number of tank regiments deployed with infantry by keep utilizing the Type 59/69 fleet?
Yes they should provide more armd regiments to inf divs however these old tanks might not hold much chance against the indians and will only add to maintenance costs. But they can be used for countering sudden manouvers or can be used to support regularl armoured thrusts like the panzer keil used bu the germans

Nothing against VT-4.
Yes I have nothing against the VT4 either...it's a great tank. My issue is not having a vision and too much splintering of the tank types...which would create inefficiencies and be a disadvantage in a prolonged war.

To reduce the number of types...and somewhat address the chronic shortage of funds...I think Pak should try to sell some or all of its T59/T69 to BD(or some other country that operates these already). In case of BD...depending on the condition of the tank...they can either cannibalize them or upgrade them to Durjoy standard(which is kind of similar to AZ).

Add that money to the budget of AK production and churn out more AKs. T80UD, T85s...and the rumored upgrades for them...are still capable and should serve longer. AZ can serve in areas where lighter tanks are needed on the eastern front...otherwise it can be used on the western front or put in storage(in case of a prolonged war...they may be needed to make up depleting numbers of tanks). At least this way T59/T69s can be removed from the various types...adding more AKs to create some semblance of uniformity.

With time AZ, T80UD, and T85s can also be phased out...but that's much further. Long term plan should be for two tank types...heavy/medium weight(like for example VT4 and AK...some variant)...
...or whatever else suits the army's needs. One thing is for sure...this "stop gap" purchases of a couple hundred this and a couple hundred that needs to stop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom