What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

I think few T15 (VT5) light weight 3rd generation tanks usefull for PA (Pakistan army) along VT4 for mountain regions in Pakistan.

As China is using in high number in laddakh standoff with india

Well let's hope you are right.

Don't forget POF also. All Had Harams and doing nothing absolutely nothing. @Arsalan
Yeah they are about there but HIT is at another level. Saying that everyone at POF is having haram and doing nothing is really not correct. I mean, at least they are meeting the ammo needs of entire army and in fact also exporting some. Yes there is potential of doing a lot more but then again, at least they are doing something. In fact, doing a lot to meet the ammo needs of this huge army. I wont say "they are doing nothing".

My problem with HIT have been that having observed them up close, they are least interested in doing anything and have to be pushed to do whatever they have done. If you study the machine shops they have, the equipment and the infrastructure in place, they could have been producing in-house APC, MRAP, IFV, SPH etc. An organization this huge producing a few hundred AK or even AK1 is not justified.

Yeah they are about there but HIT is at another level. Saying that everyone at POF is having haram and doing nothing is really not correct. I mean, at least they are meeting the ammo needs of entire army and in fact also exporting some. Yes there is potential of doing a lot more but then again, at least they are doing something. In fact, doing a lot to meet the ammo needs of this huge army. I wont say "they are doing nothing".

My problem with HIT have been that having observed them up close, they are least interested in doing anything and have to be pushed to do whatever they have done. If you study the machine shops they have, the equipment and the infrastructure in place, they could have been producing in-house APC, MRAP, IFV, SPH etc. An organization this huge producing a few hundred AK or even AK1 is not justified.
We need to change the administration and if not fully than privatize it half

Both organizations are sitting around doing nothing. Waiting for the gora messiah to save the day. Useless and pathetic.

Both organizations are sitting around doing nothing. Waiting for the gora messiah to save the day. Useless and pathetic.[/

what makes you to come to that conclusion?

You better cool down otherwise your daddy will lose his job.

what makes you to come to that conclusion?

You better cool down otherwise your daddy will lose his job.
He is not at HIT of POF so its ok. Plus he is retired now, a couple of friends may be at risk but i wont name or mention them! :P

Furthermore, these points were raised by my father when he was serving and i do not want to gloat but he was respected for his similar views back then. The issue is not something unknown to the people involved.

Government must encourage Privatization of defense industry and provide loans on low interest to small/startup defense companies.

Pakistan Army’s New Generation Main Battle Tank & VT-4 MBT

As per sources Pakistan evaluated three MBTs. Those Three are as follows:

1. T-90MS (Rejected by PA)
  2. T-84 Oplot-M & Oplot-P
    1f1fa-1f1e6.svg
    (First Pakistan
    1f1f5-1f1f0.svg
    Evaluated Oplot-M & rejected it “Main issues were Weight, Fire Power & Fire Control System” then Ukraine customized it according to Pakistan’s needs that variant is known as Oplot-P. It also got rejected due to multiple reasons, but the main reason was the delivery on time since Ukraine has this issue with on time delivery. Pakistan also observed the Thailand
    1f1f9-1f1ed.svg
    case in which Ukraine failed to deliver T-84 on time).
  3. VT-4
    1f1e8-1f1f3.svg
    (Selected After Extensive Tests Evaluations.)
Pakistan’s Army VT-4 Deal with China

Pakistan will be acquiring 300 VT-4 from Norinco China
1f1e8-1f1f3.svg
. The delivery will be done in 2 stages/Phases.

1. a) Phase 1: 176 VT-4 MBT.
  2. b) Phase 2: 124 VT-4 MBT.
Sources confirm that Pakistan’s VT-4 version will be the most capable version compared to Thailand’s
1f1f9-1f1ed.svg
& Nigerian
1f1f3-1f1ec.svg
Versions. The distinguished features are as follows:

1. Pakistan’s VT-4s will be equipped with 1500HP Engine rather than standard 1300HP Engine. Since Pakistan showed reservations with 1300HP Engine during Evaluation.
  2. The Explosive Reactive Armor or ERA on Pakistan’s VT-4s will be “FY-4”. The Standard Version VT-4s has “FY-2”. FY-4 ERA is licensed version of “Relikt ERA”
    1f1f7-1f1fa.svg
    . For the matter of fact Relikt is world’s most capable & advanced ERA.
  3. Pakistan’s VT-4s will have better mobility (More powerful Engine 1500HP). Fire Power, Fire Control System & Optronics of Pakistan’s VT-4s are believed to be superior than all other existing variants.
Important Note: “Currently this is all the information we were able to gather regarding VT-4 MBT. As soon as we gather further data, we will write a complete Article on Pakistani VT-4 MBTs”.

#Entei
#DeltaFoxtrot
#Panzerjager

#TeamPakistanStrategicForum

https://pakstrategic.com/2020/06/13/pakistan-armys-new-generation-main-battle-tank-vt-4-mbt/

Pakistan Army’s New Generation Main Battle Tank & VT-4 MBT

As per sources Pakistan evaluated three MBTs. Those Three are as follows:

1. T-90MS (Rejected by PA)
  2. T-84 Oplot-M & Oplot-P
    1f1fa-1f1e6.svg
    (First Pakistan
    1f1f5-1f1f0.svg
    Evaluated Oplot-M & rejected it “Main issues were Weight, Fire Power & Fire Control System” then Ukraine customized it according to Pakistan’s needs that variant is known as Oplot-P. It also got rejected due to multiple reasons, but the main reason was the delivery on time since Ukraine has this issue with on time delivery. Pakistan also observed the Thailand
    1f1f9-1f1ed.svg
    case in which Ukraine failed to deliver T-84 on time).
  3. VT-4
    1f1e8-1f1f3.svg
    (Selected After Extensive Tests Evaluations.)
Pakistan’s Army VT-4 Deal with China

Pakistan will be acquiring 300 VT-4 from Norinco China
1f1e8-1f1f3.svg
. The delivery will be done in 2 stages/Phases.

1. a) Phase 1: 176 VT-4 MBT.
  2. b) Phase 2: 124 VT-4 MBT.
Sources confirm that Pakistan’s VT-4 version will be the most capable version compared to Thailand’s
1f1f9-1f1ed.svg
& Nigerian
1f1f3-1f1ec.svg
Versions. The distinguished features are as follows:

1. Pakistan’s VT-4s will be equipped with 1500HP Engine rather than standard 1300HP Engine. Since Pakistan showed reservations with 1300HP Engine during Evaluation.
  2. The Explosive Reactive Armor or ERA on Pakistan’s VT-4s will be “FY-4”. The Standard Version VT-4s has “FY-2”. FY-4 ERA is licensed version of “Relikt ERA”
    1f1f7-1f1fa.svg
    . For the matter of fact Relikt is world’s most capable & advanced ERA.
  3. Pakistan’s VT-4s will have better mobility (More powerful Engine 1500HP). Fire Power, Fire Control System & Optronics of Pakistan’s VT-4s are believed to be superior than all other existing variants.
Important Note: “Currently this is all the information we were able to gather regarding VT-4 MBT. As soon as we gather further data, we will write a complete Article on Pakistani VT-4 MBTs”.

#Entei
#DeltaFoxtrot
#Panzerjager

#TeamPakistanStrategicForum

https://pakstrategic.com/2020/06/13/pakistan-armys-new-generation-main-battle-tank-vt-4-mbt/

Seems suspicious, dont know why PA would reject the MS when it was the superior of the three. It probably is untrue.

Back
Top Bottom