What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

If cost has been 900 million and 296 units bought, the per unit price is $3.04 million per vehicle. As for the engine - Ark Angel here suggests its 1500hp engine.

US$ 859 million has been mentioned as the cost of initial 176 pcs along with the spares/support package.

For 300 pcs, that would be around US$ 1.5 bn.

We may not know the details, but two things are certain.
1. The Pakistani government and military must know more than the rest of us, and what they need.
2. China will not sell tanks just to make money from Pakistan. Pakistan may pay less than Publicly available Amounts

Yeah for a bit. It might create a bad impression.
Number of people believing that Army is spending a lot on defense products despite of shortage of money for COVID-19, is increasing. There are even gems who want to sell off Pakistan existing military arsenal for sake of buying more ventilators.
And than these A holes will defend Pakistan with their ventilators once India attacks.

This is $4.88 million dollars for each tank plus weapons and maybe some parts. I think should be similar package to Thailand. Why is Thailand's tank lesser than Pakistan's received version? FY2 can easily refit as FY4 if Thai would like. They also purchased remote control machine gun system. 1500hp I find is possible only because 96B already can support it and 99 been using for so many years. But I think 1500hp should be too much because it is heavier and use more gas. 1300hp already offer top power for 52 tonnes. 1500hp I worry will cause transmission wear and require much more room in bays but the unit is more easy to repair and take out. If Thai VT-4 use 1300hp I suggest Pakistan VT-4 probably the same. Hard to imagine factory make two different types.

No,the VT4&99A actually use the same 150HB engine that the power is UP to 1500HP,and that engine in VT4 is adjusted to 1300HP for a longer lifetime while 1300HP is enouh for VT4's 52T weighht(original ver).If pa want a higher power then they can adjust it back to 1500HP simplely,that is all up to the custumer.

Last edited:
We may not know the details, but two things are certain.
1. The Pakistani government and military must know more than the rest of us, and what they need.
2. China will not sell tanks just to make money from Pakistan. Pakistan may pay less than Publicly available Amounts

Good post. A lot of members need to also understand that for many years there have been intense INTEROPERABILITY process taking place between the China and Pakistan militaries. This is only going to intensify in the coming months and years due to grave geopolitical/geostrategic threats emerging in the region. For Interoperability to take place, the prerequisites are that there has to be synergies between Weapons, training and SOPs of both Militaries.

Compare type-99 and VT-4

Type-99 is better than VT-4 in direct confrontation with enemy tanks because it has strong armor at the front.

VT-4 is better than Type-99 in urban battle because it is equipped with APS GL-5 and automatic control machine gun.

Compare type-99 and VT-4

Type-99 is better than VT-4 in direct confrontation with enemy tanks because it has strong armor at the front.

VT-4 is better than Type-99 in urban battle because it is equipped with APS GL-5 and automatic control machine gun.
Heard that they are working on Type 99B urban version, all the things are off the shelve, whoever is interested be it PLA or foriegn buyers, just pay the bill.

This is $4.88 million dollars for each tank plus weapons and maybe some parts. I think should be similar package to Thailand. Why is Thailand's tank lesser than Pakistan's received version? FY2 can easily refit as FY4 if Thai would like. They also purchased remote control machine gun system. 1500hp I find is possible only because 96B already can support it and 99 been using for so many years. But I think 1500hp should be too much because it is heavier and use more gas. 1300hp already offer top power for 52 tonnes. 1500hp I worry will cause transmission wear and require much more room in bays but the unit is more easy to repair and take out. If Thai VT-4 use 1300hp I suggest Pakistan VT-4 probably the same. Hard to imagine factory make two different types.
It could be costs or other factors but ultimately I guess its optimal for them given the conditions they have to operate in I suppose.

VT-4
0bf2z4aacaaaeyadslno5rpfbt6dahhqaaia.f10002.mp4_20200504_220632820.jpg
0bf2z4aacaaaeyadslno5rpfbt6dahhqaaia.f10002.mp4_20200504_220549841.jpg

Via @魅力一机 from Weixin

Back
Top Bottom