What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

This helicopter has US made engine and European or British avionics....what TOT you guys talking about ?? . Its TAI will convince the US govt to issue third party certificate and in these type of third party dealing , mother party always look for some hefty profit....

- The T-129 Atak helicopter body is an assembly of totally 6400 parts, 6200 parts are manufactured in Turkey at first 9 EDH variant.

- Transmission and rotor are manufactured by Turkey.

- Avionics are domestic Aselsan made. Aselsan integrates own avionics to Skorsky T-70 platforms to be exported to arboad as well.

- T-129 Electronic warfare central computer, munitions and sensors are Aselsan made. Aselsan integrates own EW suits to not only T-129 Atak, but also S-70 and other rotary platforms.

- Helmet mounted sighting system is Aselsan made called AVCI.

- Main Anti-Tank/Personnel Missiles are domestic Roketsan made.

- Mission computer of T-129 Atak is Tubitak/Aselsan made.

- FLIR system is Aselsan made.

- MMW Radar is Meteksan.

- Obstacle detection system is Meteksan made.

- Moving map called Focus Flight is STM made.

Last edited:
T-129 is based on a proven platform and Turkey just took the A-129 to the next level. everything about that helicopter is sleek and top tier the only handicap is the American power plant and we expect Americans to put an embargo onus soon after they are done with us and when we will need this equipment the most.

if Turkey can get an embargo free alternative then this will be a dream come true. I dont need to copy paste its capabilities again. whoever has seen its performance is absolutely sold to it it will be a true successor of our older cobra gunships.

Z-10 is sadly based on a stolen and incomplete western technology and although I have great admiration for Chinese hard work but I dont trust that helicopter that is based on some Chinese effort and rest on half stolen and covertly acquired western technology I mean no offence but I am talking about reliability of an equipment for the defence of my country here

I have same issue with Mi28NE as well as American super Cobra etc. Russia can pull the plug on its spares once we will face Indian hostilities (one might say same about Mi35 but they are mainly for TTP and Indian supported Balochi insurgents and we are not basing our national defence on a handful of Hinds) whereas any gunship/ attack helicopter replacing our cobras will be the backbone of he fighting arm of our army aviation corps
there is simple no room for sentiments, chance and naivety.

it is almost embarrassing to see how our decision makers are taking long and looking away when the Turks have made the most generous and of the box contract for T-129 maybe its the missing commission which they think they wont get if they go for Turkish helicopter. I dont know.
Sir there are some issues I think we should first go for as many MI-28 as we can get than go for T-129 and start joint production and also work on them on Transport helicopter

I think if Pakistan jumps in Block-II version of it then we can easily utilize EU engines.

TURAF is considering to Super Mushshak for replacing old T-40s and SF260s. Total number may reach to 50.

Scope : T-41 and SF 260 Aircrafts which are used for primary training in Turkish Air Force inventory will be replaced with Primary Trainer Aircrafts to be procured within the context of this Program.

Project Model : Direct Procurement

Basic Trainer Aircraft Program

Hopefully PAC will be selling them Super Mushak and also making future deals with KAI to have JV in Basic Trainer.

5233-1.jpg

From this view the Chinese helicopter is well equipped

Thinking helicopters that run on US engines is not ideal case for long term military perspective

Anyone know why these cabin windows are reflecting back with that strange color

413282-chinesezhelicopter-1343310856-905-640x480.jpg

But produced under license if a am not wrong .

Yes, you are wrong. Avionics of the T-129 has been in development over the last decade by Aselsan and TAI...

5233-1.jpg

From this view the Chinese helicopter is well equipped

Thinking helicopters that run on US engines is not ideal case for long term military perspective

Anyone know why these cabin windows are reflecting back with that strange color

413282-chinesezhelicopter-1343310856-905-640x480.jpg

Curved Plexi glass + Light = Rainbow..

I'am Turk and my love country but T-129 only Italian A-129 Mangusta Turkish version
Pakistan army best options
1)AH-64E Apache
2)Mİ-28NE
3)AH-1Z Viper

I'am Turk and my love country but T-129 only Italian A-129 Mangusta Turkish version
Pakistan army best options
1)AH-64E Apache
2)Mİ-28NE
3)AH-1Z Viper
Brother we will never get Appache USA may agree to sell AH-1Z cobra so our best options are to first get as many MI-28 as we can get than we need to decide soon weather to go for T-129 or Z-10 from China and need to do it fast

Yes, you are wrong. Avionics of the T-129 has been in development over the last decade by Aselsan and TAI...

Curved Plexi glass + Light = Rainbow..

Was wondering if these were specially designed to reflect any radar rays etc , possibly final version of chopper to have special stealth enhancement paint etc

Brother we will never get Appache USA may agree to sell AH-1Z cobra so our best options are to first get as many MI-28 as we can get than we need to decide soon weather to go for T-129 or Z-10 from China and need to do it fast

pakistan army only two option(T-129 and Z-10) first choice of course T-129(A-129) because
T-129(europe technology and european standards)

Hi who's the aviation guy in Turkish section?

Is there any 1400 to1600 KW turboshaft produced by Turkey that can be installed on T-129?

@Sinan @Hakan

What about T700-GE-TEI701D ?

Hi who's the aviation guy in Turkish section?

Is there any 1400 to1600 KW turboshaft produced by Turkey that can be installed on T-129?

@Sinan @Hakan

What about T700-GE-TEI701D ?

Nope there isn't any and any time soon.

TEI motors will be produced for T-70 utility helicopter project with licence...i doubt, US will let us to produce them for export. And i bet many of the critical parts of that motor would come from US to be assembled in Turkey.

Check out this thread... TAI T-129 ATAK | Page 72

Back
Top Bottom