What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Last edited:
There are some rumours about engine... Some say TAI guaranteed indigenous engine after 2016...
I could believe everything except this part, i mean when did they started the development? I might be wrong and feel free to correct me but never heard about works on indigenous engine and people expect one in two years? Camooon. :)

I could believe everything except this part, i mean when did they started the development? I might be wrong and feel free to correct me but never heard about works on indigenous engine and people expect one in two years? Camooon. :)

I heard it... From a TEI official i think... In an interview but i don't remember the source now... If i remember i'll show it...

I heard it... From a TEI official i think... In an interview but i don't remember the source now... If i remember i'll show it...
Exactly like xenon said.

We are developing a small Turbo-Jet engine for SOM missile and it takes 4 years to develope. Producing a Turbo-Shaft engine which will power a attack helicopter just in 2 years.... :no:

Exactly like xenon said.

We are developing a small Turbo-Jet engine for SOM missile and it takes 4 years to develope. Producing a Turbo-Shaft engine which will power a attack helicopter just in 2 years.... :no:

Just to be sure, do you mean it took 4 years(finished) or that it will take 4 years(WIP) to finish it, because if the case is it took, it could very well mean that they might have transferred the expertise which will help them overcome some hurdles.

Just to be sure, do you mean it took 4 years(finished) or that it will take 4 years(WIP) to finish it, because if the case is it took, it could very well mean that they might have transferred the expertise which will help them overcome some hurdles.
The work on engine for SOM surely will help with expertise but Turbo shaft for T-129 is a whole another league, if they need 4 years for SOM engine (which btw is very good if they really only need 4 years) then you can expect 4x4 years at least for a Turbo shaft engine.
(not an expert on the issue just talking according to my observation about the subject in other countrys)

Still on going....

Other thing is you can't simply jump from 3kN Turbo-Jet to 1300SHP Turbo-shaft, it is impossible. It's like saying "we can produce Low Altitude Air Defense Missiles, next thing we will do is an ICBM."

Our Turbine Engine road map goes like this.
ScreenShot249.jpg

So don't expect indigenous engines for T-129 before 2022. Also this time table can give you idea about time needed for developing turbine engines.

i have heard from many officials sources that tei has already begun to develop indigenous 1000 hp turboshaft engine for the domestic 4 t helicopter. the time table is may be not accurate. if this is correct it is not difficult to develop a 1400 hp engine for t129after then.

Some say TAI guaranteed indigenous engine after 2016...

Guys as i told here "Some say after 2016"... It's not an official... It's just rumour... But the thing i said is true... I mean there is a project for T-129 engine... I read it but i don't remember where did i read it...

maybe what eagleeye say is correct...

Back
Top Bottom