What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

In the end,Pakistan is in a good position to get the best offer.
T-129,WZ-10 or AH-1Z Viper all three are comparable so it doesnt really matter for now which one you get in short notice.
For the future,there will allways be more opportunities for license/co-production.

i hope pakistan sticks with turkey.

Pakistan must recognise its enemies, time will eventually prove it

stop playing friends with your true enemies

Pakistan must recognise its enemies, time will eventually prove it

stop playing friends with your true enemies

Pakistan should start getting equipment from Non-western countries and should avoid getting any equipment from USA unless it's free or dirt cheap. No more Cobra and F-16s, focus should be on adding more Jf-17 V1 and V2 and FC-20 or J-31.

Pakistan needs to get rid of all American Arms & Equipments in its service...I strongly believe although 10,000 miles apart, these 2 country's will go at each other at some point in future !!! Pakistan needs to wake up, and prepare itself.

GB can't do nothing against US wishes.

Uncle Sam tells GB to raise a finger, they will raise it.
Uncle Sam tells GB to lower a finger, they will lower it.

:laugh:
Yes you are right,
Uncle Sam told GB we go to war(Syria)and what did GB do?

Yes you are right,
Uncle Sam told GB we go to war(Syria)and what did GB do?

Neither US nor GB have as yet gone to war there. Even if that situation comes, GB cannot
participate because GB cannot afford it.

Pakistan needs to get rid of all American Arms & Equipments in its service...I strongly believe although 10,000 miles apart, these 2 country's will go at each other at some point in future !!! Pakistan needs to wake up, and prepare itself.

So you're going to throw away your F-16s and OHP frigate?

We all have fogotten that our country is facing financial problems and its time to get out of dream and live in reality!
So we can afford all or required toys if we have better economy or finances
and i think that in future Pakistan will acquire WZ-10 b/c Chinese always help us n right time :)

any of these wont be achieved unless we get a stable and powerful economy....deals as such do catch eyes but its not practical (lets face it)

the deal for the US chopper seems unacceptable as they grant India the Apache and vipers to us, its like handing a sword to a rival and you with a knife, they play their diplomacy, and if we say no they would say "we helped you, you are the one who took this for granted".....so Turkey or China it is :tup:

This USA cozying up to India is all BS, it's nothing but business as usual. US-Pakistan relations might be frail, but hey, they can't leave Pakistan. That's their only leverage when it comes to Afghanistan.

Any Attempt by USA to boost Indian Indian defence would just push China to spend more. They are already years ahead, and who knows what we might see from them in 10 years.

Now, why would USA want to jeopardize it's relations with Turkey and Pakistan by scrapping this deal?

No AH1-Z. The U.S on the other hand is giving Apache to India...Its not a balanced deal. My bet is on T-129 or WZ-10, which are far better in capabilities and which we could get license to produce locally.

Money is the end all be all for the US. If Pakistan made as much money as India, Pakistan would also be offered the Apache. As it is, Pakistan is being offered the AH1-Z with a 300 million dollar US loan.

This is not to say that politics don't play a role in this entire affair, but in this case, I think that this entire affair has more to do with money than politics. In fact, buying the T-129 also has a political dimension. Pakistan wants to diversify it's suppliers and dealing with the US is something that no politician in Pakistan want to do right now because of domestic pressure. Turkey has proven to be a friendly nation, and Pakistanis generally trust Turkey. Pakistan's hope is that in the future Turkey and Pakistan can go on JVs and have larger scale of economic cooperation. Turkey also wants to expand it's influence in South Asia and give it's attack heli an early start with a good resume to make it more attractive to other customers.

US blocks Turkey's 'flagship sale' and risks souring relations with a NATO member as well as with Pakistan, another MNNA. Pakistan gets pisssed off - commits to WZ-10. It will be a diplomatic disaster for the US if that happens.
USA won't mind helicopters and specially after Indians rejecting F-16 they will also not consider their pressure I and Turkey can take care of USA pressure far better than us so if we want buy these helis we would get them

Please don't make anyone fool as Pakistan cannot afford to buy to license build an helicopter which has many things that are related to EU or US which are quite expensive; this is the current situation now.

But what can we do is the used some money to become 50-50% JV on Helicopters with China and even invite Jordan, Oman, Saudi Arabia and UAE or Algeria and Tunisia as a partner too.

I don't think US will try to interfere in this deal as they i don't think will want Pakistan turning towards China in attack helis and providing what it learnt from Cobras to China to improve its tech……:coffee:
what they can do is to provide Pakistan with Vipers to rrplace aging cobras under partial Miltray aid and 30-35% payment from Pakistan.Ir will do nothing expect pushing T-129 deal a bit away.……:coffee:
AH-1Z Viper is surely much advance than T-129 if is offered and PA will prefer it if even 18 are provided over 60-90 T-129(thanks to US lobby in PA)……:lol:
btw US seems bzy somewhere else so PA should forget Viper they would be just approving or rejecting engine sales to Pakistan they ain't intrested in any miltary deal with Pakistan.

In the end,Pakistan is in a good position to get the best offer.
T-129,WZ-10 or AH-1Z Viper all three are comparable so it doesnt really matter for now which one you get in short notice.
For the future,there will allways be more opportunities for license/co-production.

US or any other European country will not sell Military hardware to Pakistan. So Pakistan’s best options are Turkey & China ONLY & I would say Pakistan should stick with them rather than looking towards those who will not give anything to Pakistan.

i dont think that us will interfere in this deal ....

They will.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom