What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

to Gessler !!!,
yes ,we have throw away our F-16 and OHP both prone to sactions !! but we have an armed forces which does not learn its leasons !! sorry state of affairs.

Apparently APK and NS are very keen on rapping this up, NS also seemed to be very impressed with the demo. Also according to my info, we will be procuring the Chinese one also, from now on all things procured will have home grown or Chinese equivalents.

Erdogan is also pushing this very hard, and he has a lot of juice, expect more Pak, Turkey, China tie ups in the future.

US or any other European country will not sell Military hardware to Pakistan. So Pakistan’s best options are Turkey & China ONLY & I would say Pakistan should stick with them rather than looking towards those who will not give anything to Pakistan.

They will.

First of all, the US has just offered Pakistan a sale of AH-1Z attack copters as a replacement for Pakistan's aging cobra fleet with $300 million dollar in "military aid" to buy them. EU nations have tried to sell Pakistan military hardware, for example Germany tried to sell subs to Pakistan, but financial constraints have gotten in the way; So it's not for the lack of trying, it's a money issue.

Turkey and China are good partners, but they're not Pakistan's only option. South Africa and Brazil have always offered their assistance in military matters, Serbia and Pakistan have recently (and surprisingly quietly) increased defence cooperation (LAZAR2), and a future potential supplier could very well be Russia whom Pakistan has been aggressively trying to bring into the Pakistani camp and out of India's camp (with decent success).

Here, check this out, it's pretty interesting.

http://balder.prio.no/armsglobe2/index.php

Apparently APK and NS are very keen on rapping this up, NS also seemed to be very impressed with the demo. Also according to my info, we will be procuring the Chinese one also, from now on all things procured will have home grown or Chinese equivalents.

I hope so, that would be awesome a couple of squadrons of each, Western maturity and Eastern guarantees. Both brilliant additions and then send those imposters of Muslims the TTP to hell.

First of all, the US has just offered Pakistan a sale of AH-1Z attack copters as a replacement for Pakistan's aging cobra fleet with $300 million dollar in "military aid" to buy them. EU nations have tried to sell Pakistan military hardware, for example Germany tried to sell subs to Pakistan, but financial constraints have gotten in the way; So it's not for the lack of trying, it's a money issue.

Turkey and China are good partners, but they're not Pakistan's only option. South Africa and Brazil have always offered their assistance in military matters, Serbia and Pakistan have recently (and surprisingly quietly) increased defence cooperation (LAZAR2), and a future potential supplier could very well be Russia whom Pakistan has been aggressively trying to bring into the Pakistani camp and out of India's camp (with decent success).

Here, check this out, it's pretty interesting.

Mapping Arms Data - the trade in small arms and their ammunition, 1992-2011

I think Competing with countries like Serbia, Brazil, S. Africa in any field will just be an evidence of How serious and strong defence industry Turkey has because Noone of mentioned countries have a big variety of defence products to offer against Turkey but When USA, Europe and Russia put their noses into competition, Everything suddenly become more difficult than ever. We beated our Western friends in Malaysian 8x8 tender but USA beated us in S. Korean attack helo tender. We beated our Western friends in UAE 2,75inch missile program as well....etc

Erdogan is also pushing this very hard, and he has a lot of juice, expect more Pak, Turkey, China tie ups in the future.

If it's Erdogan who is pushing for it then it means we are not just talking about an attack helo but a lot deeper relationship that may turn into a formal or informal alliance in the future.

Considering that we should go with our Turkish brothers although I have been more leaning towards WZ-10 in the past.

The way things are, united we stand divided we fall.

I think Competing with countries like Serbia, Brazil, S. Africa in any field will just be an evidence of How serious and strong defence industry Turkey has because Noone of mentioned countries have a big variety of defence products to offer against Turkey but When USA, Europe and Russia put their noses into competition, Everything suddenly become more difficult than ever. We beated our Western friends in Malaysian 8x8 tender but USA beated us in S. Korean attack helo tender. We beated our Western friends in UAE 2,75inch missile program as well....etc

I don't think Turkey will have to worry about competing against other nations in Pakistan (except against China). Pakistan has been diversifying it's suppliers by buying directly from the source, the T-129 is a perfect example of this.

Oscar

I have a very basic question. If Pakistan is really really serious about tackling the militants why doesn't it plan joint operations with the US on the other side in a pincer movement and crush them. The US seems to think Paks are more interested in getting aid/weapons etc. rather than simply get rid of the terrorists.

To be frank the F-16's used in the FATA resion causes immense collateral damage to which not as much coverage as opposed to drones whose coverage in incessant. In fact according to reports FATA people actually welcome(d) drones.

This casts aspersions on Pakistan's real motives in both US and India and makes both extremely wary of Pak.

@above, say that Pakistan wants it for defence against India? What's there to be wary of? Are you saying india can impose a virtual arms embargo on us or should we get approval of each arms deal from India before proceeding?

Oscar

I have a very basic question. If Pakistan is really really serious about tackling the militants why doesn't it plan joint operations with the US on the other side in a pincer movement and crush them. The US seems to think Paks are more interested in getting aid/weapons etc. rather than simply get rid of the terrorists.

To be frank the F-16's used in the FATA resion causes immense collateral damage to which not as much coverage as opposed to drones whose coverage in incessant. In fact according to reports FATA people actually welcome(d) drones.

This casts aspersions on Pakistan's real motives in both US and India and makes both extremely wary of Pak.

@k_arura

I have a very basic question too, If USA is really really serious about tackling the militants and welfare of the whole region (south & central asia) why doesn't it tries wholeheartedly to resolve the differences between its friends (India, Pakistan, China) so they don't need to hedge anything against each other and join hands with the US simultaneously to crush terrorists. The Paks seems to think US are more interested only to his sole vested intrests rather than the region or its people.

To be frank, US is too greedy.....he want to extract everything from all these countries at the expense of all of them simultaneously, This casts shadows on US real motives in Paks, India & China and makes them extremely wary of US, that ends up neither of them cease to be US Strategic friends anymore/anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahaha

now talk with china
9516113192_664d55993e_b.jpg

In the in-term yes I do think the Turkish deal will be blocked.. and in the end PA will end up with AH 1Z Viper, perhaps with a deal they will not refuse and can't. The two heli's that PA is most interested in is the T-129 and or the AH 1Z Viper in all due respect the Chinese heli is when both deals are off the table and no other choice is left given what PA needs simply.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom