What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

turkish will shut all deals on a single Yanki nod, something China has never done nor will do perhaps, not a wise idea to go for over expensive toys. WZ-10 better

Exactly my point sir, couldn't agree more.
Apart from chinese reliability, WZ-10 looks more beautiful & lethal than T-129 and have a wide range of weapons.

Exactly my point sir, couldn't agree more.
Apart from chinese reliability, WZ-10 looks more beautiful & lethal than T-129 and have a wide range of weapons.
Not to mention that we'll have easy access to future chinese upgrades and weapons and we can also upgrade it with local avionics and armaments.

Its really hard, to choose one over the other. Both are lovely piece of engineering and offer similar kill capability.

The recent close up pix of the Z-19 and Z-10 show remarkable engineering. It is clear that each piece, each element, each panels, wings, weapons etc were designed to fit like a glove and the gleaming, built like a merecedes machines hint at the capability inside.

The only question marks, which I think the chinese have dispelled is how reliable are the engines and the overall structure, how much technology it has and what weapon loads and other inventory it can use. The platorms are not mature but are getting there very quickly.

The T-129 offers many things, it comes from the Augusta-Westland stable - and their ponies are world class, extremely reliable and tough. You can rely on them. However, there is a cost disadvantage, 1 T-129 may equal 2 Z-10s, and numbers do matter, the technology will be world class, including the radars, FLIRS and other detection systems. The safety of the crew is paramount so the system will be designed to be reliable but in case of a failure the ****-pit offers are very robust shell to survive a hard landing. Yet due to globalisation this gunship relies on parts from different countries, countries that can veto either the sale or veto their parts in the future.

Hence it is a tough choice, I love what teh Turks have produced and want to diversify my suppliers but the Z-10 is also a great option, either one is still a winning choice for the PAA.

@Aeronaut Nawai Waqat has mentioned today that Turkey would give helicopters

Last edited by a moderator:
Really its the mistake of PA that they didn't acquire the AH-1 from Jordan and other Muslim countries in 2002 which many were willing to sell and also to contract US or EU to supply avionics to be fitted at PAC. Then I am sure PA would have about 77-100 AH-1s that can be easily deployed.

Also Army should then again put a request for 300 Transport and Attack 160+ choppers as future needs in front of PAC; which can easily help them to go for a JV with China...(Russian help too :) :pakistan:)

Really its the mistake of PA that they didn't acquire the AH-1 from Jordan and other Muslim countries in 2002 which many were willing to sell and also to contract US or EU to supply avionics to be fitted at PAC. Then I am sure PA would have about 77-100 AH-1s that can be easily deployed.

Also Army should then again put a request for 300 Transport and Attack 160+ choppers as future needs in front of PAC; which can easily help them to go for a JV with China...(Russian help too :) :pakistan:)

Bus aik yehi to kasar reh gaye the is thread main ... :disagree:

but Erdogan won't be there forever !!!

You need to know, WHAT keeps Erdogan in power. Its a structure of politically active civil and public servants. All the way down from a garbage collector to the high ranking officials. They form the backbone of the ideology Erdogan represents. They used to collect garbage on the streets of Istanbul 30 years ago, today they run the nation. Those who know Turkey, know what i am talking about.

@Aeronaut Nawai Waqat has mentioned today that Turkey would give helicopters

Too early for me to say anything for sure brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan President has taken information about T-129.

1267149_503928363032905_1128285609_o.jpg

1291229_503930446366030_1888672266_o.jpg

teri batain sun kar imaan say khana khanay ko dil nahe karta ..... asi post kya kar imaan say banda hawa may rahta hey har time :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom