What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

As I noted, you have option to go safran route or use the SA produced Makila engines or get via Romania.
Denel future looks bleak, I don't know how much longer it will survive especially with Du Toit leaving. Many engineers have left to go the Arab or EU countries sadly.

Denel future looks bleak, I don't know how much longer it will survive especially with Du Toit leaving. Many engineers have left to go the Arab or EU countries sadly.
Frankly, Denel was gutted by the Guptas and Zuma era. Not concerned as most of the engineers are actually at Paramount and other consortiums.

Frankly, Denel was gutted by the Guptas and Zuma era. Not concerned as most of the engineers are actually at Paramount and other consortiums.
How long do you think the Turks are going to take to have their turboshaft that can be used for ATAK? 5 years or more?

How long do you think the Turks are going to take to have their turboshaft that can be used for ATAK? 5 years or more?
It is hard to say, but it could be more given the geopolitics at play. I look back 25 yrs back when we offered Rooivalk to the Turks! - we were pushed out due to pressure on the Turks by the EU carrot and American interests. Still, many regular flights from Turkish A/F are coming every week to pick up a lot of materials locally - looks like artillery

French may have problems with Pakistan and Indians. For example let's say India says we will buy 100 rafales if you dont let pakistan have the engines. Dont you think they will be obliged to agree by the government?

French are no longer reliable defense partner and we should avoid them as much as possible.
We should work with Italy, Spain, South Africa, Turkey, Romania, China and Russia.

French are no longer reliable defense partner and we should avoid them as much as possible.
We should work with Italy, Spain, South Africa, Turkey, Romania, China and Russia.
Unless they give Pakistan local production in some part it is a no go in my opinion. Question is will China give that for the Z-10ME?

Unless they give Pakistan local production in some part it is a no go in my opinion. Question is will China give that for the Z-10ME?
From ourside, we are looking for this to happen, it was clearly stated to Pak leadership many times when your prior visited that TOT is part of any deal.

From ourside, we are looking for this to happen, it was clearly stated to Pak leadership many times when your prior visited that TOT is part of any deal.
Sadly, I think that ship has sailed by now.

Even if the US allowed engine sales to Pakistan, the latter would likely not use them because there is always the threat of sanctions. The more advanced tech is simply not enough to offset the immense sanctions risk.
Pakistan shouldn't wait for the turk engine then right? The have the option of Chinese helicopter Z-10 though?

Pakistan shouldn't wait for the turk engine then right? The have the option of Chinese helicopter Z-10 though?
I highly doubt Turkey would have a F-110 class engine out by the end of the decade ... maybe in 20 years. People always underestimate aeroengine development. Building an engine demonstrator/verification machine is relatively easy but converting that to a mass production version is by far the hardest part.

I highly doubt Turkey would have a F-110 class engine out by the end of the decade ... maybe in 20 years. People always underestimate aeroengine development.
I mean the turboshaft engine for the t-129 not the F-16 type engine.

I mean the turboshaft engine for the t-129 not the F-16 type engine.
Oh ... I'm not sure. Turboshafts should be considerably easier than turbofan engines. Even then, they are still pretty advanced. I'm not sure if Turkey can get one up to the performance and reliability of the turboshaft they're trying to replace.

Back
Top Bottom