What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

oh it does exist nothing is hidden now from social media plus the Americans like to show off a lot now specially on TIK TOCK
Hi these pictures been there before ticktock came into the limelight as PA at that time want to show it to Chinese also about the technology so army must have taken these it self as I do remember they try to stall the shifting back to USA for some days so engineers from both the sides can have proper look into it
I believe so
Thank you

@JamD I think this is a good example. They're forthright with themselves. You think we'd ever hear our decision makers and heads raise alarm bells about our critical deficiencies? tbh ... with this mentality, I now believe Turkey can and will develop its own turbofan engine.

@JamD I think this is a good example. They're forthright with themselves. You think we'd ever hear our decision makers and heads raise alarm bells about our critical deficiencies? tbh ... with this mentality, I now believe Turkey can and will develop its own turbofan engine.
It's our holy-cows. Turkey has a system of "feedback-control". They sense, and correct. A closed-loop system. The kind of control system used everywhere. Our's is an open-loop system with no feedback. Basically hoping everything you do works exactly as you hope.

Sorry to use a control systems analogy like old professors lol.

Sir with that mentality, you will get far, very far.

TEI has been producing parts for GE for years, including F16 engines, Leap engines and its integration in the T700. He has been involved in the design of the largest turboprop engine in the world, developed by Europrop, and is also a manufacturer of parts for this program. It has waited for congressional approval for years to produce the T700 because it has a core-based production facility and for this, they have received more know-how than Hindus from GE have received from Safran. Unfortunately, our CEOs often give interviews and attend seminars because we do not do as secret business as you. In these (Turkish) seminars, they constantly talk about Tubitak Mam (Material Science), as well as part production techniques, etc. They talk about money spent, non-Turkish and imported engineers, different disciplines and subprojects. 400 people, mostly people with a postgraduate degree, have been dealing with this engine only since 2012 and have not even had a test in turboshaft mode. I will say that do not really expect anything soon, so from yourself.
GE - PW- Rolls Royce - Saffron, etc. See the entry dates of the companies, look at China, they still couldn't make their products smooth. I will not even give the example of India. Unfortunately, such projects are sometimes even above the governments and the era.

MaxDefense Philippines said it “got confirmation that the Philippine Air Force’s Technical Working Group (TWG) for the Attack Helicopter Acquisition Project has finally dropped the TAI T129B ATAK attack helicopter as its choice.”
“This is due to Turkey’s failure to confirm its ability to import engines and avionics from the US and UK to allow manufacture and support of the helicopters,” MaxDefense added.

Let's go to China:closed:

MaxDefense Philippines said it “got confirmation that the Philippine Air Force’s Technical Working Group (TWG) for the Attack Helicopter Acquisition Project has finally dropped the TAI T129B ATAK attack helicopter as its choice.”
“This is due to Turkey’s failure to confirm its ability to import engines and avionics from the US and UK to allow manufacture and support of the helicopters,” MaxDefense added.

Let's go to China:closed:

China doesn't have Engine that can fit into TAI T129 ATAK.
IMHO, Philippine will not go with Chinese helicopter since there is a territorial conflict between two countries. Philippine can go with European or American helicopter.

I'd still back Turkey's indigenous turboshaft engine.

Yes, let's say it's 5-7 years away from serial production and a serviceable attack helicopter (T129 or T629). But it's opportunity to enter a helicopter supply chain and, by trusting Turkey so early in the process (when the engine is not mature, when it's untested) we can make a case for transfer-of-technology, production sharing, etc.

Let's buck bad habits (e.g., rush imports, hard currency outflows, no local industry development, etc).

Back
Top Bottom