What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Z-10 with WZ-15 engine is the way forward. @Deino
What is the WZ-15 engine? Do you mean WZ-16 engine?

I think China would prefer to choose WZ-10 engine, the engine of Z-20 helicopter, to develop a new gunship about 10 tons.

but roovalk is a great catch!

Army isn't into funding developments and there is no cash available either.

The US$ 1.565 bn T129 ATAK program (for 30× helos) is supported through a loan, and heavy attack helicopter acquisition isn't envisaged in high numbers for obvious reasons.

Now, where does Rooivalk Mk2 fit in?
Aren't there reasons behind Turkey offering Pak joining their utility/transport helo programs?

A Z10 derivate, made part of CPEC security package remains Pakistan's only viable choice and eventually will be taken up, by mid-year.

All those people who wants western stuff will be disappointed again and again till they learn to live with reality. Z10me is the way to go ......
Turkish brothers are dependent on west and incase you guys haven't notice, we are not in western camp. All those generals who started this procurement should be held responsible for damaging country's defence.

What is the WZ-15 engine? Do you mean WZ-16 engine?

I think China would prefer to choose WZ-10 engine, the engine of Z-20 helicopter, to develop a new gunship about 10 tons.
Yes that one

The Turkish option is the best they are also offering us joint production off their new 10 ton support helicopters and the 6 ton one as well

The US$ 1.565 bn T129 ATAK program (for 30× helos) is supported through a loan, and heavy attack helicopter acquisition isn't envisaged in high numbers for obvious reasons.

Aren't there reasons behind Turkey offering Pak joining their utility/transport helo programs?

still many alternative available
Capture.JPG

I agree in that the PAA won't acquire a heavy attack helicopter in large numbers. But the hold on the AH-1Z has left a void in that capability, so they'd either fill it by adding more T129s OR look at an alternative off the shelf. The latter option is basically either just pay for the AH-1Z, or wait on China or Turkey to develop their solutions and order from them.

I agree in that the PAA won't acquire a heavy attack helicopter in large numbers. But the hold on the AH-1Z has left a void in that capability, so they'd either fill it by adding more T129s OR look at an alternative off the shelf. The latter option is basically either just pay for the AH-1Z, or wait on China or Turkey to develop their solutions and order from them.
The Turks are developing a new heavy attack helicopter it will take its first flight in the near future Inshallah the turks are offering us many helicopter options for co production

Either will, will have to pay for a heavy helicopter and my guess is Pakistan is waiting to get the hold on funds released to pay for the AH-1Zs and since the anti-terror ops are now mostly over, the need to replace the AH-1Fs has gone down a lot. Not to mention, they are already getting refurbished in Pakistan and they have decided its better to wait out then rush in to buy a replacement. That is probably why T-129 is still on the cards despite delays for the engine due to the US-Turkey relationships (they will mend fences eventually or Turkey will find a replacement engine sooner or later).

The point is additional medium attack helicopters can't substitute heavies (like AH-1Z) as the latter are assessed more favourable in PA's domain of operations.

If CSF/FMF isn't secured, PA will probably seek Russian in small batches, else wait for AW / TAI.

By mid next year, this ATAK Helicopter Contract will be cancelled due to non delivery and PAA will be than going after the Chinese CATIC to provide the WZ-10 with ''hot-high'' engine option.

By mid next year, this ATAK Helicopter Contract will be cancelled due to non delivery and PAA will be than going after the Chinese CATIC to provide the WZ-10 with ''hot-high'' engine option.
I think due to the circumstances we seem to be heading in this direction. or maybe rooivalk can be re-visited.

Back
Top Bottom