What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

22.jpg

That chart is wrong about the range. AH-1W does have a little bit of a longer range.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

It is Turkish but Terminological symbols may give some cue to see What it is about...

T-129222.jpg

This is much more accurate.

Indians releation with many countries is economic kind and Pakistan's in milltary and strategic kind. If Turkey sell choppers to India it will be purely business.

If Turkey sells Attack choppers to India, then Pakistan Army will never buy it. I mean when was the last time Pakistan and India operated the same equipment?

I think Kayani has sealed the deal with US for AH1Z..........It might become available in 2014-15 that's what they are saying. Time to renew our US-Pakistan military aid thing. Last major thing was done with F-16s...so i am sure until 2015 they have to give us something. That's 5 years!

The war is still far from over....at least two more years of NATO engagement..meaning two years of Pakistan's cooperation.

Joke a side, It was treated one of Turkish Defence Magazine called MSI Military Science & Intelligence Magazine / MSI. If you want to see more, I can post the page of related magazine...

Savunma Haber, Milscint, Savunma, MSI, Askeri, Havacýlýk, Uzay, Terör, Silah, Elektronik, Harp, Teknoloji, Army, Military, Science, Intelligence, Strateji, Kara, Hava, Jandarma, Deniz, Kuvvetleri

I didn't understand even a single word there. if india really asked for your helicopters this is a big news i am sure you have some other link which i can at least understand.

but It is really interesting How such news make some of Indians crazy. Why ? We are talking about a likely cooperation between Turkey-India. What's wrong man ?

sale helicopters to india and give the source codes to pakistanis grrrr we don't need ur "cooperation" just keep it in your pocket.

Maybe, You want to hear something like Turkey will share all technologies of T-129 with India to use them against Pakistan but How type a mind can rely on such a nonsense ?

May be you want india to join the project and make helicopter more lethal so u would be able to call it actual attack helicopter.............man how type a mind can rely on such nonsense?:azn:

Well all can make useless post you aren't the only one.

Do not you know that Turkey never acts against Pakistan politically/militarily and never fall into a trap, Even If It is about an agreement worth billion $ ? so We have just told How Turkey will act If India really purchases some of T-129 Atak in accordance with our perspectives. Do not be angry to us.. Those are truths

as far as bold part is concerned We will see when you will actually reject that big offer i mean i can also claim india will reject worth 1000billion dollars agreement against Israel but that won't be true i am sure if tomorrow some middle eastern country ask to buy few akash sam or some other Indian equipments DRDO will sale it. neither it's me who run DRDO nor it's you who own ur defence industry called TAI "if i am not wrong."

and yes i am not angry at all you made that chopper plz feel free to decide whom you wana sale it. if you want you can sale it to pakistan or can give it for free i really don't care until you don't involve india in your text without any reason.

First of all, Turkey did not rejected Indian interest on T-129 Atak for the present. I just stated that One of a Turkish defence magazine treated that India is interested in T-129 Atak helicopters. Rests are related with member's comments.

that magazine say nothing about any deal with India.

Secondly, If you want to learn How capable Turkish industry are, when it comes to helicopters, Check related threads and other ongoing helicopter programs and their subsystems and remember Italy (Agusta) as a partner of Atak team. Spreading nonsense personnel statements in terms of comparing a system with equivalents without presenting any technical specifications about a system in order to throw something dirty on an ongoing program do not make any sense. BTW, Next time, Do not forget to classify helicopters like Light/Heavy weight in order to add the proper helicopters in proper categories to compare themselves among eachothers... ;)

Congratulations to you if u have can make a good helicopter but still i can't understand why Indians should be bother about that.?

but It is really interesting How such news make some of Indians crazy. Why ? We are talking about a likely cooperation between Turkey-India. What's wrong man ?

I've been trying to understand this - some Indian say it's because they are more "confident" -- Just how confident it is to be so insecure escapes me.

If Turkey sells Attack choppers to India, then Pakistan Army will never buy it. I mean when was the last time Pakistan and India operated the same equipment?

I think Kayani has sealed the deal with US for AH1Z..........It might become available in 2014-15 that's what they are saying. Time to renew our US-Pakistan military aid thing. Last major thing was done with F-16s...so i am sure until 2015 they have to give us something. That's 5 years!

The war is still far from over....at least two more years of NATO engagement..meaning two years of Pakistan's cooperation.

Indian_turkish T-129 deal :what:
its all crap!!

India wont ever be going for equipment from a nation with friendly ties with Pakistan, morover turkey wont be sailing the goodies to annoy Pakistan.

saying all this the most important point will be that India is already in quite a mess with US on one side and Russians on the other of there major defence deals. they have to be on good terms with one and this will piss of the other!
Indians are wise enough not to spoil the new born frined ship with US by going for T-129 instead of Apache!

dont tell me that Indians may go for it in small numbers just to disturbe Pakistani deal.
i dont agree, Indian economy might be going good but with millios of mouths demanded to be fed, they are not such a tuphoon to go spendind millions of $$$ just to diturbe other nations deals!!

i hope i have made my point of vie clear to all you brothers!

regards!

I didn't understand even a single word there. if india really asked for your helicopters this is a big news i am sure you have some other link which i can at least understand.

Mr. Dreamer, I did not post it to make you saw everything about this news. It is the link of magazine that related news issued in Turkish...

sale helicopters to india and give the source codes to pakistanis grrrr we don't need ur "cooperation" just keep it in your pocket.

You know If you are talking about a willing from Indian side about a strategic system to purchase againt brother Pakistan, It is an obligation for Turkey to inform Pakistani brothers about How Turkey have to act. Otherwise, The PM or minister who wants to export such critical systems to India without issuing any conditions against a brother state is assessed by Turkish nation like digging own grave...

May be you want india to join the project and make helicopter more lethal so u would be able to call it actual attack helicopter.............man how type a mind can rely on such nonsense?:azn:

Well all can make useless post you aren't the only one.

Mate, T-129 is being developed by ATAK team which TAI, Aselsan and Agusta Westland included into this team. India can not offer anything to this program different than fund. About lethality of Helo, Do not worry about it, Roketsan always performs great job about AT and Anti-personnel missiles...

as far as bold part is concerned We will see when you will actually reject that big offer i mean i can also claim india will reject worth 1000billion dollars agreement against Israel but that won't be true i am sure if tomorrow some middle eastern country ask to buy few akash sam or some other Indian equipments DRDO will sale it. neither it's me who run DRDO nor it's you who own ur defence industry called TAI "if i am not wrong."

Sorry but All those your dreams have nothing to do with the actual point of this thread and not make any sense. I hope DRDO will catch great export success but Neither your success in World, nor development of Akash missiles do not affect any of achievements of Turkish defence industry. I do not know Italian effect over sales but I am just talking about How Turkish side will act, When India wants to deal with Turkey about T-129 Atak. You know It is time tasted.

and yes i am not angry at all you made that chopper plz feel free to decide whom you wana sale it. if you want you can sale it to pakistan or can give it for free i really don't care until you don't involve india in your text without any reason.

We are taking about likely cooperations about T-129 Atak between Pakistan and Turkey in this thread and As I have told thousands of times that A Turkish defence magazine called MSI issued a news like "India is interested in T-129 ATAK" . That's a reason why We have treated it. After introduced it in this thrad, We made some mind exercises over it. It is you jumped into thread with all those nonsense sentences but Do not worry, There is not any deal in sight. :)

that magazine say nothing about any deal with India.

Yes It says something about Indian willing for T-129 Atak...

Congratulations to you if u have can make a good helicopter but still i can't understand why Indians should be bother about that.?

Anybody did not bother us but Some facts should have been known by everybody in threads. Even If It is about agreement worth billion $, Turkey CAN NOT export such critical and strategical systems to countries like Armenia, Iran, India against brother countries, Turks have connected with deep historical ties to the countries We call like BROTHER in terms of blood or religious factors.

Last edited:
Indian_turkish T-129 deal :what:
its all crap!!

India wont ever be going for equipment from a nation with friendly ties with Pakistan, morover turkey wont be sailing the goodies to annoy Pakistan.

saying all this the most important point will be that India is already in quite a mess with US on one side and Russians on the other of there major defence deals. they have to be on good terms with one and this will piss of the other!
Indians are wise enough not to spoil the new born frined ship with US by going for T-129 instead of Apache!

dont tell me that Indians may go for it in small numbers just to disturbe Pakistani deal.
i dont agree, Indian economy might be going good but with millios of mouths demanded to be fed, they are not such a tuphoon to go spendind millions of $$$ just to diturbe other nations deals!!

i hope i have made my point of vie clear to all you brothers!

regards!

Bro, It is just a defence magazine treated it. There are not any official statements from any side about it. Magazine only says that "India is interested in T-129 Atak". Rests are all the wishes, imaginations, conspiracy theories of members. :) Some of them are typed to make fun.

Actually, At international relations, Those are serious subjects than we can imagine and A simple agreement may affect each side politically, economically/militarily...etc. I mean At the background of image, Everything is much more complicated than we can imagine. Let all those aside, Just be sure that Turkey never act against Pakistan...

T-129Atak-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Even If It is about agreement worth billion $, Turkey CAN NOT export such critical and strategical systems to countries like Armenia, Iran, India against brother countries, Turks have connected with deep historical ties in terms of blood or religious factors.
Do not forget serbia... whatever we can make a black list sometime :) We have many brothers that tied with blood -like south korea- we can sell our merchandise to them

Not so pragmatic...

Do not forget serbia... whatever we can make a black list sometime :) We have many brothers that tied with blood -like south korea- we can sell our merchandise to them

Not so pragmatic...

In recent years, Despite We have increasing trade statics and good politic relations with Serbia, We can not sell such systems to them cause of Brother Bosnia Herzogevina and Kosova. Those two countries are like under protection of Turkey and They look Turkey like a big brother.

Besides, I think Brother countries can reach everything Turkey has. It is something like a menthal union among us, Although We live different geoghraphies. In previous days, Turkey and Azerbaijan established a strategic partnership council which will agree on common strategies of both countries. In Additions, Turkey invites Azerbaijan to join into Altay MBT, Anka MALE UAV, Infantry rifle and Milgem programs...

I mean It is just a matter of desicion to reach everything brother states have among eachothers so We never sell strategic defence armaments to the countries that have problems with our brother states.

In recent years, Despite We have increasing trade statics and good politic relations with Serbia, We can not sell such systems to them cause of Brother Bosnia Herzogevina and Kosova. Those two countries are like under protection of Turkey and They look Turkey like a big brother.

Besides, I think Brother countries can reach everything Turkey has. It is something like a menthal union among us, Although We live different geoghraphies. In previous days, Turkey and Azerbaijan established a strategic partnership council which will agree on common strategies of both countries. In Additions, Turkey invites Azerbaijan to join into Altay MBT, Anka MALE UAV, Infantry rifle and Milgem programs...

I mean It is just a matter of desicion to reach everything brother states have among eachothers so We never sell strategic defence armaments to the countries that have problems with our brother states.

well said brother!
we all agree to Turkeys growing role in Muslim worlds defence sector.
infact, Turkey with access to the westren markets and a good bunch of enineers can be the leader of Islamic Military Force.

perhaps we should think about making an alliance like NATO!

regards!

well said brother!
we all agree to Turkeys growing role in Muslim worlds defence sector.
infact, Turkey with access to the westren markets and a good bunch of enineers can be the leader of Islamic Military Force.

regards!

Severely needed. :tup:

Bro,

You know Establisment of an alliance like NATO with some Arab states are something like starting point of corrosion and failures. Most of them and their kings love being a puppet of big players and their extends in ME. It became something like a nature of them with the end of Ottoman Empire. They had some dignity at Ottoman times but With the end of Empire, they lost everything they had and need to remain as a proud human-being created by Allah.

Now a days, they are busy to costruct huge buildings, disbursing money to luxury things thanks to their petrol/gas resources drilled by USA firms. Such long terms politic/strategical things make their mind confused...

Bro,

You know Establisment of an alliance like NATO with some Arab states are something like starting point of corrosion and failures. Most of them and their kings love being a puppet of big players and their extends in ME. It became something like a nature of them with the end of Ottoman Empire. They had some dignity at Ottoman times but With the end of Empire, they lost everything they had and need to remain as a proud human-being created by Allah.

Now a days, they are busy to costruct huge buildings, disbursing money to luxury things thanks to their petrol/gas resources drilled by USA firms. Such long terms politic/strategical things make their mind confused...

a real harsh reality but true!!:hitwall:

well for our knowledge, Saudia aArabi have become largest arms importers in thepast years overcomiming everyone else.
the have bought the highest number of arms (value wise), giving business worth billions of dollars to US and west. this is the same money there companies use to develop more and more leathal weapons to be testde in Iraq and Afghanistan.

with dfence spending of billions of dollars, the saudis have not been able to keep Israel at bay, infact they are not even raising voice againt the agression of Israel killing innocent paletineans

India has been replaced as the biggest recipient of foreign arms by China and Saudi Arabia, according to latest figures that have been made available by the US government.

While India topped the list of developing countries that imported conventional weapons in 2008, the value of foreign arms received last year has come down to $1.2 billion, taking the country down to No. 5 in the list of top weapon importers of the world.

The new figures drawn up by the US government have been made available in an annual report prepared by the US Congressional Research Service (CRS) which tracks arms imports by all developing nations. The value refers to arms that have been actually delivered to the importing nations and does not include weapon systems that are being manufactured within the country with foreign technology.

According to the report, India was the biggest recipient of foreign arms in 2008 along with Saudi Arabia with both nations receiving weapon systems worth $1.8 billion from developed nations including US, Russia, UK and France. But the value has dropped sharply for 2009 with India getting $1.2 billion worth of arms and countries like China and South Korea overtaking it as the leading importers of weapon systems

:hitwall:

The US government is charging ahead with a plan to sell $60bn worth of advanced aircraft and other sophisticated weapons systems to Saudi Arabia, in what is thought to be the largest US arms deal ever.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday that the US administration was also in talks with the Saudis about naval and missile-defence upgrades that could be worth tens of billions of dollars more.

Under the deal, the US is also to expand Saudi Arabia's ballistic-missile defences "to reduce the threat from Iranian rockets", US officials were reported to have said. They also said that it was unclear how much that package would be worth, but it could be similar to one in the United Arab Emirates.
201091365254654580_20.jpg

The US administration sees the sale as part of a broader policy aimed at supporting "Arab allies against Iran", and is expected to notify the US congress about these plans in the upcoming weeks, the report said.

Gala Riani, a Middle East analyst at IHS Global Insight, told Al Jazeera that news of this deal was not surprising and something that was expected.

"At the heart of this, the US is seeking to build and strengthen its allies in the region. Perhaps it has something to do with the US economy, but the shared threat from Iran is definitely a motivating factor."

Question of use

While Saudi Arabia has the money to buy fighter jets and other hardware, some analysts say "it's one thing to buy the equipment, but it's another to use it efficiently".

Nevertheless, the US administration plans to frame the Saudi deal as a major job creator, supporting at least 75,000 jobs, according to company estimates.

This will come as a welcome boost to an employment market that is shedding thousands of jobs every month as Barack Obama, the US president, struggles with economic woes.

A recent US government study found that the "global economic recession significantly pushed down purchases of weapons last year to the lowest level since 2005", the New York Times reported on Monday.

The report, that was presented to the US congress over the weekend, concluded that the value of worldwide arms deals fell to $57.5bn in 2009, a drop of 8.5 per cent from 2008, while the US signed arms deals worth $22.6bn - a dominating 39 per cent of the worldwide market.

The study, focused particularly on weapons sales to the developing world, found that in 2009, Brazil was the top weapons buyer in the developing world, followed by Venezuela and then Saudi Arabia.

Biggest buyers

Over much of the past decade, Saudi Arabia, China, India and the United Arab Emirates have been among the largest weapons purchasers in this category.

Richard Grimmett, an international security specialist and author of the study, said that relationships between arms suppliers and buyers continued to evolve "in response to changing political, military and economic circumstances."

"Where before the principal motivation for arms sales by foreign suppliers might have been to support a foreign policy objective, today that motivation may be based as much on economic considerations."

While pro-Israel US politicians have in the past voiced concerns about arms sales to Saudi Arabia, Israel's fears were allayed because the fighter jets would not be equipped with the type of long-range systems that could threaten Israeli soil.

The Obama administration plans to notify congress that it will authorise the Saudis to buy as many as 84 new F-15 fighters, upgrade 70 more, and purchase three types of helicopters - 70 Apaches, 72 Black Hawks and 36 Little Birds - the report noted, citing unnamed officials.

The Israelis were expected to buy a more advanced fighter jet, the F-35, and should receive them around the same time the Saudis are expected to start getting the F-15s, the report said.

"We appreciate the administration's efforts to maintain Israel's qualitative military edge, and we expect to continue to discuss our concerns with the administration about the issues," Michael Oren, the Israeli ambassador to the US, said.

The Iran connection

The F-35 is designed to avoid detection by radar and could play a role in any Israeli effort to knock out what it regards as a threat posed by Iran's disputed nuclear programme.

"The Israeli government is not as vocal as would have been expected, due to their agreement with the US and also because this is aimed at Iran," Riani told Al Jazeera.

"The Iranians have been expecting developments like this to happen - we have seen them unveiling domestically manufactured weapons to show that they are keeping up militarily - but clearly they cannot."

Last month, Ehud Barak, the Israeli defence minister, approved the purchase of 20 F-35 warplanes from the US, in a deal worth almost $3bn.

The Saudi deal, which would be stretched out over the next five to 10 years, is the top-line amount requested by the Saudis, even though they are expected to initially buy only about half that amount

congrats to our saudi bros~~:hitwall: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom