What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Nonsense... There is not such thing called civilian engine put on military hardware. It will automatically fall under military registration.
just like PTC67c for Z10 , it is supposed to be a covillian.engine as well.

I think we will be going the standard gun and missile setup. To start at least. UMTAS ATGM, Cirit from Rokestan etc
In addition to what you have mentioned was engine coverings to dampen the heat signature.

However with the latest issue regarding the engines these changes would be of little to no effect as a complete new phase of testing and modification would be required.

I don't know where I read this but the engine used in T129 is a civilian engine and not a military engine thus there is NO need for any export license on the civilian version of the engine?

Not sure if its true.

Not civilian, it's a commercial engine for export. The LHTEC T-800 developed for the comanche is export restricted.

Civilian, commercial, military or otherwise, what needs to change is the mindset that western tech wouldn't be embargoed/sanctioned. Two wars have taught us that, repercussions of nuclear tests have proven it, Las Malvinas War b/w Argentina and britain is another glaring example. Wisdom teaches us to use tact accordingly, while stupidity tends to always repeat itself. So the point I am trying to make here is, that if Pakistan Military is so hell bent on western weapons (even if they have a turkish flag slapped on them), then they must ensure the survivability of these weapons' platforms by incorporating bullet proof contingencies. Case in point, the much vaunted F-16s, for all their glitz and tech advancements, can be Pakistan Air Force's Achilles Heel if there aren't any contingencies in place with a sizable stockpile of spare parts, engines and etc. Because when war comes (not if), we would be sitting around like a bunch of idiots, feeling the same way we did during Kargil War. And before anyone makes the mistake by saying that Kargil was different and that we are better equipped now, think again. F-16 Block-52s are by doctrine, marked to take on indian flankers, because there is nothing else in our inventory that could do the job (barring Block-lll Thunders, which are yet to be manufactured). Hence I would urge Pakistan's Military leadership, to heed the advice of not being so naive in thinking that turks have our backs when it comes to the Vipers. They don't, they have their own back, and if all else fails to get the leadership's undivided attention. Then need I remind them that turk military (hardcore, in depth) have been in cooperation with israel for decades. F-4 Phantom and F-5 Tiger modernization, use of Ofeq satellites, M60 tank modernization, Popey missile sales, UAV Heron sales, are but the tip of the iceberg. These are just known programs of the past. The undisclosed ones are to maintain the facade that Erdogan's govt calls the shots, the reality is far from it.

T-129s are yet another example of our gullibility, Milgem corvettes follows on the same track. Instead of enhancing ties with Russia and establishing an intellectual base (Air University is an example) whereby we create a core of intellect on the fundamental brain bank of engineering, nautical or aeronautical, aerodynamics and so on. This brain core would engage with partners such as China and Russia, on their level, as partner nation, not just as a stake holder financially. In the mean time, Pakistan Army ought to be looking hard at Russian Ka-52s and Chinese Z-10MEs.

This brain core would engage with partners such as China and Russia, on their level, as partner nation, not just as a stake holder financially. In the mean time, Pakistan Army ought to be looking hard at Russian Ka-52s and Chinese Z-10MEs.

good luck sir! ruskies are not a nation to work together, you cant get tech from them but they can suck your money. China is looking for her hegemony and you already fell into trap.

it is good to have scientists but you have to wait for years to get ripe fruit.

DEUse8PW0AEvdLp.jpg

DEUsf8sXsAEFUaW.jpg

DEUsnCnXcAAQ5do.jpg

Gökbey (T625) will be mass production in 2021 with domestic engine. The system is ready, current tests continue with temporary engine.

This means that the LHTEC engines used on the T129 B1 are no longer a political lever.
God Bless Turkey
God Bless the Turkish engineering and craftsmanship

Long Live the Friendship

I look forward to Turkish powered T-129s in Pakistani colors soon

Amen

TAI states that the revealed news about Pakistani Ataks are fake.
what news. what does it mean? deal or no deal? issues?

Quality of Turkish defense products and other technological products they produce is better then China, and i'm telling this because i'm a technical person and i have seen Chinese technological products, worked with China engineers and also with Turkish technological products and Turkish engineers and technical staff.

US govt. is openly showing animosity towards Pakistan. Pakistan need to move beyond the words and block all Indian and US transit through Pakistan and for once act in interest of Pakistan.
Americans should be banned in Pakistan as next step.
Turkish power plant for the T-129 is upcoming. this is good news. American administration can shove those sanctions and blacklist up theirs

Gökbey (T625) will be mass production in 2021 with domestic engine. The system is ready, current tests continue with temporary engine.

This means that the LHTEC engines used on the T129 B1 are no longer a political lever.
The name of "Gokbey" itself is extremely Turkic...

Best of luck...

God Bless Turkey
God Bless the Turkish engineering and craftsmanship

Long Live the Friendship

I look forward to Turkish powered T-129s in Pakistani colors soon

Amen

what news. what does it mean? deal or no deal? issues?

Turkish power plant for the T-129 is upcoming. this is good news. American administration can shove those sanctions and blacklist up theirs
According to the Turkish official, the program is going on as planned. The news coming out regarding the Pak ATAks isn't true (e.g., #FakeNews). They have applied for the export license and they hope to get the approval soon...

Ankara and Islamabad have agreed to seek replacement engines for 30 Turkish-made attack helicopters after the US blocked supplies. Some Turkish officials say Washington is retaliating for the purchase of Russian-made missiles.
In July, Turkey and Pakistan signed their biggest-ever arms deal, ending four years of negotiations. The Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) is to produce 30 T129 ATAK multipurpose helicopters for the Pakistani military for $1.5 billion. The model is a derivative from the Italian Agusta A129 Mangusta, which integrates Turkish avionics and weapons with AgustaWestland’s airframe and has some upgrades.
The deal however hit a stumbling block after the Turkish company failed to obtain an export license from the US Department of Defense. The license is required for the US-made parts of the engines that are meant to power the aircraft. The LHTEC T800-4A turboshaft engines are produced by a joint venture of the US-based manufacturer Honeywell and Britain’s Rolls-Royce.

“This is not a technological or financial matter but is purely political at the moment,” a senior Turkish procurement official told Defense News in August, after the problem arose.

With the license problems seemingly nowhere near a resolution, Pakistan and Turkey agreed to seek a replacement variant for the engines, Turkey’s Hurriyet reported on Thursday. Producers in France and Poland are being considered as potential suppliers, provided that new tests are made to confirm performance in high-altitude and bad weather conditions. The US-British engines were tested on the T129 to conform to Pakistani demands in 2016. TAI hopes it will be able to complete the contract in five years, the newspaper reported.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom