What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Yes that is valid point, only now there is a phased project to get them upgraded.
Our challenge is Armscor has become politicised and most of the top capable engineers left and formed Paramount which is turning tables in terms of major exports - vehicles; they have not yet gotten into the rooivalk or equivalent. They are leading in terms of exports revenue.
At the end of the day, you can have the largest oil reserves, huge gold deposits and fertile land in SA.. or laser beam projects that are decades ahead.
But if you have willingly as a people let people like Zuma rule you and in your own words Guptas and others ruin your industry. Then regardless of developed talent over ages it will disappear and countries will not consider your goods.

At the end of the day, you can have the largest oil reserves, huge gold deposits and fertile land in SA.. or laser beam projects that are decades ahead.
But if you have willingly as a people let people like Zuma rule you and in your own words Guptas and others ruin your industry. Then regardless of developed talent over ages it will disappear and countries will not consider your goods.
Absolutely correct. Zuma and bastards Guptas put out country back an entire decade. Even now these bastards are trying to find ways to replace a chosen next leader in ANC. Lets see next election is a huge watershed. The problem is our people let these bastards run us and there is no checks and balances.
This is one reason I left as well. Huge talent pool is switching over to Paramount where there is no political interference and freedom to go next level.

Honestly these wrectched indians came, exploited and like theives... even thieves have some level of honour; but these guys like what we refer to in Swahili - baniyanis... that is a derogatory term. Estimates are around 6 bil $ they have looted together with Zuma's son.

Absolutely correct. Zuma and bastards Guptas put out country back an entire decade. Even now these bastards are trying to find ways to replace a chosen next leader in ANC. Lets see next election is a huge watershed. The problem is our people let these bastards run us and there is no checks and balances.
This is one reason I left as well. Huge talent pool is switching over to Paramount where there is no political interference and freedom to go next level.

Honestly these wrectched indians came, exploited and like theives... even thieves have some level of honour; but these guys like what we refer to in Swahili - baniyanis... that is a derogatory term. Estimates are around 6 bil $ they have looted together with Zuma's son.
What does mean that for all intents and purposes, the Roolivak never had and no longer has any prospects with Pakistan. Indians would have influenced how arms tradr happens, and their loyalty is to India.

What does mean that for all intents and purposes, the Roolivak never had and no longer has any prospects with Pakistan. Indians would have influenced how arms tradr happens, and their loyalty is to India.
no.... They are completely out of the picture... remember they even tried to setup a body called Denel Asia. Parliament has put a complete stop.
They are persona non grata in any form. So, i am not concerned there.

Now, you do not need to think of rooivalk as gunship; remember it is sharing the platform with Oryx; it is a dual win strategy for medium lift helo - equivalent of Super Puma. This brings in capability of building transport helos internally together with all the manufacturing of all various components including engines.

Thanks, I didn't know that part of history.

The F-16A/B is heavier than the Mirage 3/5 -- i.e. MTOW of 17,000 kg vs. 14,000 kg. Through the 1970s the PAF had basically used the Mirage 3/5 as a dual air-to-air and air-to-ground fighter. The "strike role" aspect began to matter in the early 1980s via the induction of the Mirage 5PA3, i.e. Project Blue Flash, which brought the Agave radar and Exocet AShM integration (i.e. the PAF's first real stand-off weapon capability)

However, the PAF was seeking a complementary lightweight multi-role fighter to work with the F-16 and Mirages (and basically replace the F-6s). This was Project Sabre II, which was a collaborative program between the PAF, Chengdu and Northrop Grumman to develop a turbofan variant of the F-7 with the F-20's radar and avionics.

Sabre II was a thing in the late 1980s, but it fell through when Northrop had to withdraw due to US sanctions on China. From that point on, the PAF opted for more F-7s but still kept an eye on making a fighter eventually until the early-to-mid 1990s, i.e. when Chengdu forced the issue by showing its work on the FC-1/Super-7.

View attachment 498331
https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1989/1989 - 2539.html?search=Sabre II

View attachment 498332
https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1987/1987 - 1745.html?search=Sabre II

View attachment 498333
https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1988/1988 - 0341.html?search=Sabre II

I believe Pakistan will take delivery of T-129 Atak Phase-2 (T-129B2) variant which is the most advanced configuration of Atak program. Ismail Demir, the head of defense industry, announced that Phase-2 will have following advanced features compared to B1 variant.

• Enhanced Payload
  • Some design changes on fuselage
  • Heavier Weapon/EW carriage capacity
  • First delivery to TLF: Mid 2019

I believe Pakistan will take delivery of T-129 Atak Phase-2 (T-129B2) variant which is the most advanced configuration of Atak program. Ismail Demir, the head of defense industry, announced that Phase-2 will have following advanced features compared to B1 variant.

• Enhanced Payload
  • Some design changes on fuselage
  • Heavier Weapon/EW carriage capacity
  • First delivery to TLF: Mid 2019
And when first one will come

And when first one will come

According to official roadway, first helicopter was planned to roll out of the production line 3 months after signature ceremony. 1 years after deal charged, Rest will be commenced and all helicopters will be delivered within 5 years but I think delivery of helicopters will wait for T-129B2 until the June/July2019.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom