What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

True Bro.
But I dnt knw if u have grown up in Pakistan or overseas. But when I was growing up in Pakistan none of my peers really cared about Pakistan or more specifically the CONCEPT of Pakistan. Or their traditions, values or their religion. All they cared about was "bachian", fast food, and ending up at a good job (mostly spurred on by their parents in this area). So u see these are very grass roots level stuff that shapes ur general who is in charge of a procurement program or a diplomat who is to negotiate a deal for defence hardware on behalf of Pakistan or the maybe the defence minister himself. Thus, I could go far as to assert that it shapes a nation. If our youth which, forms a whopping bulk of our population in Pakistan and is our future does not care. Then, how do we make progress without having necessary grass root stuff nailed down?
I was raised in the West, and I assure you, a lot of that was among my peers too (of all shades and backgrounds). But each and everyone of us had hustled to get the best we possibly could. Our progress in life was tied to results and work ethic, and those lacking in either were cast aside. You have to hustle. There are some people in Canada that love Canada with great passion, yet they lacked hustle, and so they're loving Canada from their barista jobs instead of the top banks, law firms, consulting firms, etc. That's the difference hustle can make. A charlatan can pump your peers up with passion and love for Pakistan in no time, but if you don't have an honest and earnest work ethic, then you're useless.

Personally, I absolutely hate people with "soost" running in their veins. IMO, Pakistan has too many such people in important positions, and that needs to be rectified in order for progress to happen. But alas, back to the T129 :)

Quite suprised at the Lathargic rate of purchase or conclusion of contract both for Z-10/ T-129 and even Mi-35 amazingly slow process

Defense Purchase all over the world takes a lot of time. So many clearances to obtain for these defense purchases

I was raised in the West, and I assure you, a lot of that was among my peers too (of all shades and backgrounds). But each and everyone of us had hustled to get the best we possibly could. Our progress in life was tied to results and work ethic, and those lacking in either were cast aside. You have to hustle. There are some people in Canada that love Canada with great passion, yet they lacked hustle, and so they're loving Canada from their barista jobs instead of the top banks, law firms, consulting firms, etc. That's the difference hustle can make. A charlatan can pump your peers up with passion and love for Pakistan in no time, but if you don't have an honest and earnest work ethic, then you're useless.

Personally, I absolutely hate people with "soost" running in their veins. IMO, Pakistan has too many such people in important positions, and that needs to be rectified in order for progress to happen. But alas, back to the T129 :)
Well when you have lethargic and incompetent person on the top, the subordinates do not need to hustle and work ethically, they are far better off with flattery and becoming part of the loathe-able culture.
We have a guy in our politics who at 62 years of age runs 1 hour daily and does not sit idle on his laurels and incidentally he is honest and straight forward too. And these traits have helped him in his drive to ouster the most corrupt and the deeply entrenched mafia of this country. I'm pretty sure when he graces the highest office the govt, he will be quite a "hustler".

Defense Purchase all over the world takes a lot of time. So many clearances to obtain for these defense purchases
Hey,
That's why you have to plan in advance...decades in advance and that requires the eyes that can see deep into the future...not just next 5 years.

Well when you have lethargic and incompetent person on the top, the subordinates do not need to hustle and work ethically, they are far better off with flattery and becoming part of the loathe-able culture.
We have a guy in our politics who at 62 years of age runs 1 hour daily and does not sit idle on his laurels and incidentally he is honest and straight forward too. And these traits have helped him in his drive to ouster the most corrupt and the deeply entrenched mafia of this country. I'm pretty sure when he graces the highest office the govt, he will be quite a "hustler".
It's not just top hustle, but a culture of accountability too. I'm shamed to admit it, but I enjoy busting a Desi for soost, e.g. the guy doesn't follow simple instructions and then forcing him to explain (in sequential steps) why he didn't do as asked or required. Wish that with the politicians and bureaucrats (from a position of strength, not complaining).

It's not just top hustle, but a culture of accountability too. I'm shamed to admit it, but I enjoy busting a Desi for soost, e.g. the guy doesn't follow simple instructions and then forcing him to explain (in sequential steps) why he didn't do as asked or required. Wish that with the politicians and bureaucrats (from a position of strength, not complaining).
Sir, I agree 100% that this culture needs to be changed across the board but it will take a long time if it starts from the bottom but will be much faster if it comes from the top...I guess gravity is the culprit here

Last edited:
tbh I don't think there's much of a gap between Leonardo's rotor and airframe tech than that of AVIC. I say this because AVIC itself is partners with Airbus Helicopters and Safran Group in several pretty key projects, including turboshaft engines (e.g. Ardiden 3). Cost will probably be the biggest determining factor, but AW149 itself was designed to control that by being based on the AW139, itself an affordable and vastly used (hence, scaled) helicopter.

AVIC can be a good partner, but some of it's products are licensed copies, so for a manufacturer like that to do a JV, is highly questionable. The best thing with AVIC is it's "sanction free", and it's economical price tag can't be ignored either.

The AW149's civilian equivalent is the AW189. You rightly said it is based on the AW139M. Which Pak already operates, so the training and maintenance base is already there.

Given how every manufacturer is looking to increase revenue, if a direct JV with AW could be signed, it would be great. They have a very diverse portfolio, and one would greatly benefit from it.

IF AW is smart they will realize, that there is a major market out there for their products at reasonable prices, not the current exorbitant ones. Manufacturing and Assembling in Pakistan would greatly increase their revenue base. But it takes two to tango.

Lets hope, some +ve developments happen on this issue.

Best Regards

Honestly guys I have seen so many positive results in my life from my health to work ethics just by implementing sunnah in many areas of my life. One british agent of the queen told her that muslims would be an indestructable force if they hold on firmly to the quran. All we have to do is bring Islam back into our lives.
AVIC can be a good partner, but some of it's products are licensed copies, so for a manufacturer like that to do a JV, is highly questionable. The best thing with AVIC is it's "sanction free", and it's economical price tag can't be ignored either.

The AW149's civilian equivalent is the AW189. You rightly said it is based on the AW139M. Which Pak already operates, so the training and maintenance base is already there.

Given how every manufacturer is looking to increase revenue, if a direct JV with AW could be signed, it would be great. They have a very diverse portfolio, and one would greatly benefit from it.

IF AW is smart they will realize, that there is a major market out there for their products at reasonable prices, not the current exorbitant ones. Manufacturing and Assembling in Pakistan would greatly increase their revenue base. But it takes two to tango.

Lets hope, some +ve developments happen on this issue.

Best Regards

Honestly guys I have seen so many positive results in my life from my health to work ethics just by implementing sunnah in many areas of my life. One british agent of the queen told her that muslims would be an indestructable force if they hold on firmly to the quran. All we have to do is bring Islam back into our lives.
Now the libturds will hound you off this forum.

There is no doubt about. We should also try after all we are Muslim.

But never speak truth like this on this forum, you know it hurts certain @aholes so much and their rectii start burning so much that you can smell it even sitting thousands of km away from them.

Last edited:
T-129 Combat Footage;
Kurdish terrorist movements were detected by reconnaissance drones, they were then eliminated by T129 attack helicopters, Jandarma units on the ground, as well as f16 fighters.

That's how Pakistan should operate.
Just petrol Iran /Afghan border areas with drones and quick response attack heli must deal with threats initially, later Mi35 can drop soldiers to consolidate and take over. Boots on ground must be the last step.

Last edited:
That's how Pakistan should operate.
Just petrol Iran /Afghan border areas with drones and quick response attack heli must deal with threats initially, later Mi35 can drop soldiers to consolidate and take over. Boots on ground must be the last step.

Gunships and Turbo-prop COIN aircrafts will enter service soon, our capability gaps in fight against terrorism is tightening.

For what?
30 helicopters?
yea we will not settle for anything less that JV, complete ToT and handing over the bank accounts and giving the keys to their homes as well.
because we know these terms and its our muscle memory and compulsion that we throw them on the news about pen knives to buying a handful of utility vehicles because this is how we become strong brother.
long live the young Pakistani webforce generals

Back
Top Bottom