What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

In the 300 choppers you mentioned, we will need two or three different types at least. A single platform even if being produced at home will never fit in. That leaves us with 80-100 per type. Again, a number worthy for:
  1. Complete maintenance and overhaul facility
  2. Extensive assembly
  3. Parts manufacturing for the parent company (to be exported to them)
Anyway, this is my personal opinion and i may be wrong with this. Not forcing my opinion upon you or anyone else. It is just that i think that the option i am pointing to will serve us better.
it depends, if you prioritize a medium utility helicopter and its variant can replace many subtypes in PAF, PN and pak army

the obvious replacement would have been the
1. Z 9 (a naval variant with some changes)
2. AW 139(20+ in service)
3. Pumas (70+ in service)
4. bell (70+ in service)

all of the above are more or less very similar in capabilities and single local platform will be lot cheaper in long run, and if some compromise is done it could replace some of mi 17s as well, i believe a market for 150 can easily be made over the next 20-30 years, this would be far less cheaper if another partner let say like china or turkey is sought as JV

it depends, if you prioritize a medium utility helicopter and its variant can replace many subtypes in PAF, PN and pak army

4. bell (70+ in service)

all of the above are more or less very similar in capabilities and single local platform will be lot cheaper in long run, and if some compromise is done it could replace some of mi 17s as well, i believe a market for 150 can easily be made over the next 20-30 years, this would be far less cheaper if another partner let say like china or turkey is sought as JV

A slight correction Sir,

Z-9 is a derivative of AS 365N Dauphin and a lighter machine with max take -off weight of 4,100 kg compared to Puma - max T.O.W is 7,100 kg roughly the same as for AW 139. Bell UH-1 is closest to Z-9 in lift capability.

4. bell (70+ in service)

Sir je the idea, world over is to keep some part commons and build a platform around that to serve in different roles. I am already saying that it is those parts that we should be targeting.

yea we will not settle for anything less that JV, complete ToT and handing over the bank accounts and giving the keys to their homes as well.
because we know these terms and its our muscle memory and compulsion that we throw them on the news about pen knives to buying a handful of utility vehicles because this is how we become strong brother.
long live the young Pakistani webforce generals
ROFL
:rofl:

After reading this, even I dont want to post anymore. A bit too harsh bro.
:lol: but true i would have to say!!

Last edited:
Us military has blackhawk serving all kinds of roles and across all 5 service arms.
We could make a helicopter on the same concept. That is versatile and can serve in every role in all service branches(we have more than 3 but organized under 3 main branches). Regardless we are going to need a lot of helicopters in future.

Instead of having a logistical nightmare of having helicopters of every hue and color we should have one home grown helicopter (as discussed above) to form the bulk of PAA PAF PN Law Enforcement fleet. And save foreign exchange to buy helicopters which are expendable and not viable to produce at home.

Also we dnt only need helicopters for military or police purposes. There are government and civil purposes too.

do you or your father buy a car? why dont you buy a car plant? then you can make your own car for your children too

makes economic sense yea?

is the footage from the terrorists?

and sad as well because they have access to a computer and ability to write as well but lack basic comprehension of the world and economies of scale and scarcity of resources and challenges of allocating funds and having enough people to spare for... yes 30 units ToT manufacturing facilities .

real life is much harsher than that for our innocent pupoo's once they leave the nest they will find it our one way or another

Bro if I knew that I could fulfill my own needs and sell those cars to other money and end up with a b*tt load of money. It would make perfect economical sense and I would go right ahead and do it. And live the rest of my life in Beverly Hills.

21558674_1397857553584502_6115983300272388219_n.jpg

Z-11WB during its flight demonstration at China Helicopter Exposition 2017. Armed on the helicopter pylons are 2 CM-502KG anti-ship missiles and 4 TY-90 air-to-air missiles.

This Helicopter is gonna be a good option for Border patrol anti terrorism mission and patrolling in Balochistan and FATA areas

FC and Rangers should get these

This infographic was recently published by Turkish Defence Ministry;

T-129 has flown 11,475 hours since it's induction into Armed Force.

59 T-129 helicopters will be produced, 24 helicopters have been delivered and 35 more are in production.
9 T-129EDH were delivered to Turkish armed forces, for urgent requirement.
15 T-129A were delivered.
14 T-129A variants are in production.
21 T-129B variants will begin production once T-129A variants have been delivered.

Understanding the T-129 variants
  • EDH variant of T-129 was produced to fill in urgent requirement of the Armed forces, had minimal weapons and self-protection.
  • A variant has Missile warning, Flare dispenser, IR suppressor, Tactical radio (Link-11). Full weapons integrated.
  • B variant is the final version in ATAK project, it will have all protection systems of A variant including, Laser warning system, Radar Warning, RF Jamming, Chaff/Flare Dispenser, BLOS Tactical Radio (Link-22)
Further indigenisation of T-129, 20mm cannon to be produced in Turkey and TEI TS1400 gas turbineengine development

DKPups2WsAAT-fo.jpg

Last edited:
Is the 10 ton helicopter going to compete against t70 blackhawks????
Acc to TAI manager Temel Kotil, Design studies to develop a new utility helicopter having a take off weight of 10t is commenced.

Prototype manufacturing of 6t Utility helicopter called T-625 is almost completed.
t625-pas-1-_1_50-1024x681.jpg

Is the 10 ton helicopter going to compete against t70 blackhawks????

I think it'll become more obvious once some official artists renderings are published, but currently TAI is developing for the civilian market - and perhaps making sure the Americans are being kept honest, America can revoke T-70 license anytime showing them that we are capable of producing a 10ton helicopter might keep them keen on continuing business as usual :)

Back
Top Bottom