What's new

Pakistan Army to contribute to the construction of the DAM from their Pay

They can also divert the funds from there new proposed GHQ building or half of profits from relates institutions doing business...should they feel it so serious...
Bahira town and DHAs are exempted from state laws..

At least they can donate one month profit of their business empire.

At least they can donate one month profit of their business empire.
Yes but then they are more in PR and to be in media by tweeting like this of donating 2 days salary..and 1 day of soldier

Yes unfortunately, But do you have any better alternate ?
Can you list the Government departments concerned with feasibility, planning, construction of Dams as well as Energy related departments in Pakistan ?
Can you list the officials, ministers and the staff responsible for energy production and Dams?

If you list these departments and officials from top to bottom, then these are the ones who should be paying for the dam. In fact if PA is paying for the dam then the Energy Related Departments (including Departments related with Dams) should pay for new Tanks, new aircrafts and new ships for Pakistan Armed Forces.

If it makes sense to you, should Pakistan Railways pay for a new Boeing for PIA? Should PTCL pay for a new WAPDA power plant? Doesn't make sense right?

The best operational Organisation inside Pakistan is Pakistan Armed Forces, so squeeze them when a crisis comes, whether financial or monetary ? This is cruel and unfair. Do you remember when an entire Armoured Division took part in bhal-safai (canal cleaning) ? whose job is it ?

If Military has to do everything then hand over the country to the Military, end the drama of democracy and political parties. A political party in power ruling the country cannot even secure loans from banks, whose in-efficiency is it?

Yaara.
I will belkeve it when the gathrian and chadarain land in Pak Land and are deposited in the national exchequer. These are all tall claims. For instance you may have as a Government; to prove that this money was ill gotten gain. With the Gernail saheban getting worried that tomorrow it might be their turn as well it will be more Like"Sir chorain banda tay jail wich paa ditta eey. Paisa shaisa rehan dain." There is too much incompetence and more over my main gripe is we are again pinning our hopes on one man. A man is by nature weak and in the clutches of Pinku peerni(literally and metaphorically). Because we have put our faith in a man it is again a recipe for a disaster. Really what do you expect him to achieve? He has just surrounded himself with the same jokers who were with PML and PPP, THE SAME OPPORTUNISTIC LEECHES who have sucked the blood of this country for 70 yrs. And if he does try and do something radical how difficult is it to do away with one man. We lack a system. A system which breeds people from the grass roots and brings them to the fore, willing to work for and put their sweat and elbow greese into getting this country where it can be. So what happens if Imran Khan dies tomorrow? Who will replace him and how would the system work. I hate jabba the hut Hussain but the one good thing that he did was establish a system for progression. You have to give him credit where it is due. Sure he cannot see beyond his whisky bottle now and his party is in disarray but when it was a force it was a force to reckon with. However the same ill that has killed so many poliyical leaders in our country killed him as well. The fact that he became above reproach and criticism. The army is trying to micro manage the political scene but just like they created Nawaz Shareef from a two bit metal dealer into a political phenomenon, only to destroy him(actually the moron self destructed on all 3 occasions that he was in power) my fear is Imran and his PTI will go down the same route. Let us see. May Allah look after my Pakistan. Ameen
A
The rumour is that some sort of involvement of Pakistan Military will ensure that the dam construction takes place countering political agendas which are against the dam construction

If you notice in past 2-3 weeks (check newspapers too), the supreme court spoke about construction of dam, but some political parties and people spoke against judiciary speaking about dams, that judiciary should not be concerned about dams. So when the judiciary failed, the military was brought forward to shut every one up !

In order to make the plan more strong and counter the financial issues, some sort of concrete irreversible involvement of Military had to be shown.

This a rumour with-in the higher circles.

Last edited:
How can overseas people contribute towards dam buildings? which account number/bank.

This is brilliant!

I am contributing 100,000 as a sadqa e jariya for my mother and grand parents.. Allah Ta'ala qabool farmaey..
I got a solution for it put 5 Rs tax on mobile cards just for dam and nothing else

Atom bomb bana lia chandy kay peso se, cancer hospitals, universities bana chuky... not a first time for us. Dont worry. ;):)
Sell Jati Umra and put that money in fund :D

A better option is to sell off assets of convicted criminal Nawaz and Izhaq Dar
It wouldn't have needed to if the retired general chairing Wapda had not blocked the Chinese development of Basha Dam on vague national security grounds.

It wouldn't have needed to if the retired general chairing Wapda had not blocked the Chinese development of Basha Dam on vague national security grounds.
Why not they are criminals with net worty greater than 3 billion $ lets sell assets if convicted criminals for betterment of Pakistan :D

Jati Umra and Avenfield is fair game no :D?

How much political parties contributed in this project ? especially PTI / I.K.....He can single handily build dam if he ask Mr. Goldsmith....:lol:

Can you list the Government departments concerned with feasibility, planning, construction of Dams as well as Energy related departments in Pakistan ?
Can you list the officials, ministers and the staff responsible for energy production and Dams?

If you list these departments and officials from top to bottom, then these are the ones who should be paying for the dam. In fact if PA is paying for the dam then the Energy Related Departments (including Departments related with Dams) should pay for new Tanks, new aircrafts and new ships for Pakistan Armed Forces.

If it makes sense to you, should Pakistan Railways pay for a new Boeing for PIA? Should PTCL pay for a new WAPDA power plant? Doesn't make sense right?

The best operational Organisation inside Pakistan is Pakistan Armed Forces, so squeeze them when a crisis comes, whether financial or monetary ? This is cruel and unfair. Do you remember when an entire Armoured Division took part in bhal-safai (canal cleaning) ? whose job is it ?

If Military has to do everything then hand over the country to the Military, end the drama of democracy and political parties. A political party in power ruling the country cannot even secure loans from banks, whose in-efficiency is it?
Army is a symbol of trust in Pakistan. People can trust in case they are behind this campaign and will contribute as well.
"Contributing" in a sense as "Playing their part" not PAYING entirely. Like anyone can contribute in crisis regardless of department.
And I asked for better alternate from you. Not the definition of problem itself.

Army is a symbol of trust in Pakistan. People can trust in case they are behind this campaign and will contribute as well.
"Contributing" in a sense as "Playing their part" not PAYING entirely. Like anyone can contribute in crisis regardless of department.
And I asked for better alternate from you. Not the definition of problem itself.
Read again, alternative is there, in second para.

what dams are we covering with this initiative, how much needed for the initiatives and lastly, timeline to completion?

Back
Top Bottom