What's new

Pakistan Army testing MBT-3000 next moth ?

buying more tanks is a useless investment, the money could have been given to developing SAM batteries or given to the navy to buy some advanced ships or submarines, instead the army gets more tanks, and the army already have a formidable tank force consisiting of a Al-khalids, T-80UDs, T-85IIAPs and al-zarars(and AK2 is already in development) now this. in any future conflict those tanks will be easy targets for the indians, and the battle of longewala will be repeated again.

AK is MBT 2000 variant so is case with AK II although Main Design will be same but suite will be what pakistan army will prefer.

Most people here are thinking that MBT 3000 is just a normal tank as I did. But my friends it makes all sense now I came to know year ago in 2013 that China and Pakistan last year in 2012 signed an MOU for a new tank which will be heavily based on Type 99G and at looking at he design it does give a look of it furthermore Both Pakistan and china since 8 years are mostly working together in many military projects max Basic design and than they further develop a Dedicated variant for themselves. So Chill out its definitely a good news. For those who say it should have 1500hp engine. Why the hell does a 52 ton max tank have 1500hp engine ? when even 1300hp takes it to 75km/h ?.It has Anti personnel Shrapnel based Grenade launchers too.

Last edited:
AK is MBT 2000 variant so is case with AK II although Main Design will be same but suite will be what pakistan army will prefer.

Most people here are thinking that MBT 3000 is just a normal tank as I did. But my friends it makes all sense now I came to know year ago in 2013 that China and Pakistan last year in 2012 signed an MOU for a new tank which will be heavily based on Type 99G and at looking at he design it does give a look of it furthermore Both Pakistan and china since 8 years are mostly working together in many military projects max Basic design and than they further develop a Dedicated variant for themselves. So Chill out its definitely a good news. For those who say it should have 1500hp engine. Why the hell does a 52 ton max tank have 1500hp engine ? when even 1300hp takes it to 75km/h ?.It has Anti personnel Shrapnel based Grenade launchers too.
First AK is way better than MBT 2000 and MBT 3000 is not AL Khalid 2. Al Khalid 2 will be shown in IDEX 2014 @Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER @Basel

MBT-3000 (Main Battle Tank 3000) - Main Battle Tank - History, Specs and Pictures - Military Tanks, Vehicles and Artillery

write up on MBT 3000

indicating a Russian T72 influence in design ie low silhoutte but adopting western technology on armour and FCS.

best part brininging china on par with Abrahams usa Challenger 2 UK or russian T90. ..

even export version of AK-I ......--MBT-2000 chews n than spits... t-90 (which itself is an upgraded t-72)

Why are we testing MBT 3000 and are we looking to buy MBT 3000 and also produce more AK 2 @Dazzler

Its just a tid bid from a Pakdef member nothing official...il take the word of the HIT Director over HKhans word any day.

Last edited:
Why the hell does a 52 ton max tank have 1500hp engine ? when even 1300hp takes it to 75km/h ?
It is not so much the top speed as the accelleration that counts (think: changing firing positions, dashing from one bit of cover to another)

Why are we testing MBT 3000 and are we looking to buy MBT 3000 and also produce more AK 2 @Dazzler

if rumours are to be believed, this seems to be the case. AK2 is the evolution of alkhalid, mbt 3000 is the natural evolution of mbt2000, though both share same roots, they are pretty different to each other in most features.

if rumours are to be believed, this seems to be the case. AK2 is the evolution of alkhalid, mbt 3000 is the natural evolution of mbt2000, though both share same roots, they are pretty different to each other in most features.
Well I hope so this is the case

even export version of AK-I ......--MBT-2000 chews n than spits... t-90 (which itself is an upgraded t-72)

Its just a tid bid from a Pakdef member nothing official...il take the word of the HIT Director over HKhans word any day.
Ok in what terms the ak1 better than the t-80?.

Ok in what terms the ak1 better than the t-80?.

First of all we are using UD variants (the same as T-84)... what is better? let me see.... Much more powerful gun,bigger engine = more weight/ton ratio,better protection.mobility,new APS,Hunter Killer system,more ammo (weaponised),more protection systems,better transmission..etc etc etc.

Last edited:
First of all we are using UD variants (the same as T-84)... what is better? let me see.... Much more powerful gun,bigger engine = more weight/ton ratio,better armour protection.mobility,new APS,Hunter Killer system,more modern FCS,more ammo (weaponised),more protection systems,better transmission..etc etc etc.
Do you have numbers vs words please?.

Do you have numbers vs words please?.

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool | Page 45

UD

1402948387_bq7odvhjtc0.jpg

AK

nO8TOdE.png

1402948430_nefvf_bcidq.jpg

Ay36irU.png

T-80 and T-84 Main Battle Tanks Information pool

Last edited:
Back