What's new

Pakistan Army Information

I've read something similar that Officers are usually armed with the MP5s but I do wonder why that is so ?

Whats wrong with them being armed with regular G-3s or Ak-47s ?

And if its because we want the Officers to be armed with lighter, more portable guns why not go for some of the better assault rifles out there ? We've got only a few thousand officers as they are - Maybe arm them with M4s like the SSGs ?

You are absolutly right.....I did have same thoughts about the AKM-47 (AKM) – Under-folding stock version of the AKM intended for airborne troops) All Pakistani SSG and Special Forces should get the this lighter rifle !
Polish_AKM.jpg

As I understood it to be the G-3 is our mainstay, our battle-rifle if you will !

The Ak-47s are for inhospitable climates & for CQB situations !
What are the MP5s useful for ?
CQB, this itself and its variants are used by the SSG for room clearance operations etc. Also, Officer carry MP5s/Pistols. And yes, soldiers of DMT (Driver Mechanical Transport) or DSP (Driver Self Propelled) trade also carry MP5s because of the space constriction inside a vehicle/tank etc. 
I've read something similar that Officers are usually armed with the MP5s but I do wonder why that is so ?

Whats wrong with them being armed with regular G-3s or Ak-47s ?

And if its because we want the Officers to be armed with lighter, more portable guns why not go for some of the better assault rifles out there ? We've got only a few thousand officers as they are - Maybe arm them with M4s like the SSGs ?
Have you ever tried sitting alongwith a G3 in your under ground office or an officer made out of a tent?

Have you ever tried sitting alongwith a G3 in your under ground office or an officer made out of a tent?

I've never ever touched a G3 in my life let alone having sat with it anywhere ! :ashamed:

I'm just curious as to why not go for something better ? Like the M4s or some other lighter more compact weapons than the MP5s ?

CQB, this itself and its variants are used by the SSG for room clearance operations etc.

Is it an advantage that they have 3 different Types of Ak-47 Guns ? Is that a high standard in the SSG? I am just asking....
no dicipline .jpg

Is it an advantage that they have 3 different Types of Ak-47 Guns ? Is that a high standard in the SSG? I am just asking....
View attachment 10574

For special forces you use weapons that are tested and tested again. AK series are extremely reliable, but then i am talking about those real AKs not the ones made in the tribal areas.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=68[16/11/13 6:32:24 PM]

Specifications for the
STEN SMG
Submachine Gun / Machine Carbine
Country of Origin:

United Kingdom

Manufacturer:

Enfield Lock (Among Others - See Text) - UK / Canada

Initial Year of Service:

Overall Length:

760mm (29.92in)

Barrel Length:

196.00mm (7.72in)

Weight (Empty):

7.05lbs (3.20kg)

Caliber:

9x19mm Parabellum

Action:

Blowback; Open Bolt

Feed:

32-round detachable box magazine

Muzzle Velocity:

1,200ft/sec (366m/sec)

Rate-of-Fire:

500 rounds per minute

Range:

328ft (100m; 109yds)

Sights:

Fixed Rear Peep; Front Post

Variants:

Mk I - Initial Production Model; barrel jacket; skeletal wire butt; fold-down tube
foregrip; removable barrel assembly; wooden forend; spoon-shaped flashhider/
muzzle compensator; approximately 100,000 produced.
Mk I* - Simplified/lightened Mk I; sans wooden foregrip, wooden forend and muzzle
attachment.
Mk II - Repositioned safety; perforated heat shield replacing barrel jacket; swiveldown
magazine feature; over 2 million produced.
Mk IIS - Silenced Mk II with silencer assembly housing shorter barrel; lightened firing
pin and return spring for quieter operation.
Mk III - Lightened and simplified Mk I; appearing in 1943; sans removable barrel
feature; lacking positional magazine; single-piece sheet-steel body; added figer
STEN SMG - Submachine Gun / Machine Carbine - History, Specs and Pictures - Military, Security and Civilian Guns and Equipment
http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=68[16/11/13 6:32:24 PM]
guard near ejection port.
Mk IV - Proposed compact airborne infantry variant; dimensionally smaller; shorter
barrel; collapsing buttstock; Mk IVA and Mk IVB variants intended differing in trigger
design; appearing in 1943.
Mk V - Appearing in 1944; refined design reverting back to wooden pistol grip and
shoulder stock; wooden forward hand grip (later dropped); support for bayonet; No. 4
rifle-style sights; heavier overall weight.
Mk VI - Silenced Mk V models with silencer assembly of Mk II and internals of Mk V.
MP.750(e) - German Army designation of captured STEN Mk III models.
Operators:

Australia; Bangladesh; Belgium; Canada; Ceylon; Cyprus; China; Finland; France;
Greece; India; Indonesia; Israel; Italy; Japan; Jordan; Kenya; Luxembourg; Malaysia;
Malta; Netherlands; Nazi Germany; New Zealand; Nigeria; Norway; Pakistan;
Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Rhodesia; South Africa; Turkey; United Kingdom;
United States; North Vietnam; South Vietnam; Vietnam; Yugoslavia

legacy of the british indian army 
Picture of the STEN SMG - Submachine Gun / Machine Carbine

I had tested all army guns(not all) well most of front line ones like AKz G3 along with that huge machine gun in swat shooting range temporary made by army just after area was mostly cleared, I remember there were talibs locked at the backside of my stay room, it was nice experience but my heart was shattered by watching beautiful valley in terrible condition but good to see people had new hope in their eyes specially children when they made fun out of long hair and being skinny guy in middle. well Im just a layman and out of all guns I loved firing from G3 it was much rough then Russian made Ak that was just being captured from a talib. most impressive was huge black sniper gun I don't remember the name( if someone can mention) it was deployed at the mountain top post it was playing very active role to take out talibs at night from above, I was also honored to hold dragunov it was also captured from talib it was such beauty well I was not allowed to test fire it. anyways all this guns talk just made me excited to share all this, as I know this is irrelevant to the thread If you wish you can delete it.

Specifications for the
STEN SMG
Submachine Gun / Machine Carbine
Country of Origin:

United Kingdom
Manufacturer:
Enfield Lock (Among Others - See Text) - UK / Canada
Initial Year of Service:
Overall Length:
760mm (29.92in)
Barrel Length:
196.00mm (7.72in)
Weight (Empty):
7.05lbs (3.20kg)
Caliber:
9x19mm Parabellum
Action:
Blowback; Open Bolt
Feed:
32-round detachable box magazine
Muzzle Velocity:
1,200ft/sec (366m/sec)
Rate-of-Fire:
500 rounds per minute
Range:
328ft (100m; 109yds)
Sights:
Fixed Rear Peep; Front Post
Variants:
Mk I - Initial Production Model; barrel jacket; skeletal wire butt; fold-down tube
foregrip; removable barrel assembly; wooden forend; spoon-shaped flashhider/
muzzle compensator; approximately 100,000 produced.
Mk I* - Simplified/lightened Mk I; sans wooden foregrip, wooden forend and muzzle
attachment.
Mk II - Repositioned safety; perforated heat shield replacing barrel jacket; swiveldown
magazine feature; over 2 million produced.
Mk IIS - Silenced Mk II with silencer assembly housing shorter barrel; lightened firing
pin and return spring for quieter operation.
Mk III - Lightened and simplified Mk I; appearing in 1943; sans removable barrel
feature; lacking positional magazine; single-piece sheet-steel body; added figer
STEN SMG - Submachine Gun / Machine Carbine - History, Specs and Pictures - Military, Security and Civilian Guns and Equipment
guard near ejection port.
Mk IV - Proposed compact airborne infantry variant; dimensionally smaller; shorter
barrel; collapsing buttstock; Mk IVA and Mk IVB variants intended differing in trigger
design; appearing in 1943.
Mk V - Appearing in 1944; refined design reverting back to wooden pistol grip and
shoulder stock; wooden forward hand grip (later dropped); support for bayonet; No. 4
rifle-style sights; heavier overall weight.
Mk VI - Silenced Mk V models with silencer assembly of Mk II and internals of Mk V.
MP.750(e) - German Army designation of captured STEN Mk III models.
Operators:
Australia; Bangladesh; Belgium; Canada; Ceylon; Cyprus; China; Finland; France;
Greece; India; Indonesia; Israel; Italy; Japan; Jordan; Kenya; Luxembourg; Malaysia;
Malta; Netherlands; Nazi Germany; New Zealand; Nigeria; Norway; Pakistan;
Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Rhodesia; South Africa; Turkey; United Kingdom;
United States; North Vietnam; South Vietnam; Vietnam; Yugoslavia

legacy of the british indian army 
Picture of the STEN SMG - Submachine Gun / Machine Carbine

I wonder what happened to those?

P.S: Its still in use with the indians..

Last edited:
Is Pakistan Still using the concept of mounting 106mm recoilless rifle on vehicles and using them in direct firing against indian Tanks or enemy Infantry ?

Did the Army had a special doctrine or tactic for this weapons-system ?

For example using them only in a hastily dug prone shelter, or a well-prepared position with overhead cover for example like in this picture here

A Pakistani 106mm gun mounted on a vehicle ca. 1965 or 1971
19655 by pakarmed forces 8.jpg

Pakistan 106 mm Gun mounted on a jeep ca. 2002

reco0108_I3B_PakWheels(com).jpg

reco0046_UEA_PakWheels(com).jpg

Are the guns still in service with the Pakistan Army ?

Are they a part of the Artillary ? Or are they a part of a mechanized Anti-Tank Brigade ?

• According to wikipedia only the XXX Corps (30 Corps) has a Independent Anti-Tank Brigade so may be this guns are only serving on mounted vehicles in this Corps ?
What happen with the concept of mounting the 106mm on the M-113 ? Why it was delated ?

Are this guns still effective in a Pakistan-Indian war scenario ?

Last edited:
Quote of the Day
Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone. -- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Is Pakistan Still using the concept of mounting 106mm recoilless rifle on vehicles and using them in direct firing against indian Tanks or enemy Infantry ?

Did the Army had a special doctrine or tactic for this weapons-system ?

For example using them only in a hastily dug prone shelter, or a well-prepared position with overhead cover for example like in this picture here

A Pakistani 106mm gun mounted on a vehicle ca. 1965 or 1971
View attachment 10623

Pakistan 106 mm Gun mounted on a jeep ca. 2002

View attachment 10624

View attachment 10626

Are the guns still in service with the Pakistan Army ?

Are they a part of the Artillary ? Or are they a part of a mechanized Anti-Tank Brigade ?

• According to wikipedia only the XXX Corps (30 Corps) has a Independent Anti-Tank Brigade so may be this guns are only serving on mounted vehicles in this Corps ?
What happen with the concept of mounting the 106mm on the M-113 ? Why it was delated ?

Are this guns still effective in a Pakistan-Indian war scenario ?

I think part of the infantry... The jeeps etc are phased out... the RRs... are in service... :

jjh.jpg

Old pic from 2007-8..

RRs on APCs... nope.. ATGMs are being used for tht...

View attachment 10264

Are this M-113 still equiped with this Anti Tank weapon or are they still in service?

50594634.jpg

Yes they are !

This picture from the current exercise "Azme nau" shows that the Pakistani M901 are still in service, and will also in future a danger for indian Tanks.

5586 (1).jpg

Some basic information about this System:

ITV
(Improved TOW Vehicle) is a United States Armyarmored vehicle designed to carry a dual M220 TOW launcher. It is based on the ubiquitous M113 Armored Personnel Carrier chassis.

Back
Top Bottom