What's new

Pakistan Army Information

Sub-divisions of the army

Corps: A Corp in the Pakistani Army usually consists of two or more Divisions and is commanded by a lieutenant general. Currently the Pakistani Army has 9 Corps.

Division: Each division is commanded by a major general, and usually holds three Brigades including infantry, artillery, engineers and communications units in addition to logistics (supply and service) support to sustain independent action. It, however, does not include any armoured units. Those are attached once the need arises. The most major of all ground force combat formations is the infantry division. Such a division would primarily hold three infantry brigades. There are 19 Infantry divisions, 2 Armored Divisions and 1 Artillery Division in the Pakistani Army.

Brigade: A Brigade is under the command of a brigadier and comprises of three or more Regiments of different units depending on its functionality. An independent brigade would be one that primarily consists of an artillery unit, an infantry unit, an armour unit and logistics to support its actions. Such a brigade is not part of any division and is under direct command of a corps.

Regiment: Each regiment is commanded by a lieutenant colonel (in some cases a colonel) and has roughly 600 to 900 soldiers under his command. This number varies depending on the functionality of the regiment. A regiment comprises of either four batteries (in case of artillery and air defence regiments - generally named Papa, Quebec, Romeo, and Sierra) or four companies (in case of infantry regiments - generally named Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta - and other arms excluding armored units that are organized into squadrons) each under the command of a major and comprising of individual subunits called sections (which are further divisible into platoons and squads).

Arfan Hashmi, 23 August 2006

Please do add a 'Battery' ::D

It is commanded by a 2nd Lieutenant and comprises 2-3 jawans. I know sounds so cute.

1. What is difference between corp commanders conference and formations commander conference? (is it the gathering of all LTG's in the former and all the MG's in the later)

2. Why has the name for the next COAS, CJCSC not announced yet, there is little over a month left in their retirement?

Is political cell still active in ISI? Because I found this @fatman17 @Icarus

Maj Gen Farhan Akhtar — DG (P), at ISI Dte, Islamabad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello friend your information are very realistic and everyone must follow them i just want to ask you if you have more information about the total budget of Pak army in every year they spend?

DG-ISI

Following are the Director-Generals of ISI with their details:

Brig Riaz Hussain. From 1959 to 1966

Major Gen (then Brig) Mohammad Akbar Khan. From 1966 to 1971

Lt Gen (then Major Gen) Ghulam Jilani Khan. From 1971 to 1978

Lt Gen Muhammad Riaz. From 1978 to 1980

Lt Gen Akhtar Abdur Rahman. From 1980 to March, 1987

Lt Gen Hamid Gul. From March 1987 to May 1989

Lt Gen (retd) Shamsur Rahman Kallu. From May 1989 to August 1990

Lt Gen Asad Durrani. From August 1990 to March 1992

Lt Gen Javed Nasir. From March 1992 to May 1993

Lt Gen Javed Ashraf Qazi. From May 1993 to 1995

Lt Gen (then Maj Gen) Nasim Rana. From 1995 to October 1998

Lt Gen Ziauddin Butt . From October 1998 to October 1999

Lt Gen Mahmud Ahmed. From October 1999 to October 2001

Lt Gen Ehsan ul Haq. From October 2001 to October 2004

Lt Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. From October 2004 to October 2007

Lt Gen Nadeem Taj. From October 2007 to September 2008

Lt Gen Ahmad Shuja Pasha. From September 2008 to 2012.

Lt Gen Zaheer ul Islam. From 2012 to present...

very useful and valuable information you have share i really like the idea to inform us about our brave army.

Is political cell still active in ISI? Because I found this @fatman17 @Icarus

Maj Gen Farhan Akhtar — DG (P), at ISI Dte, Islamabad.

keeping tabs on politicians will continue - the actual involvement / meddling in politics may have taken a back seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello friend your information are very realistic and everyone must follow them i just want to ask you if you have more information about the total budget of Pak army in every year they spend?
Budget for defence expenditures is Rs 627 billion for the fiscal year 2013-14 out of which Rs 301.54 billion have been allocated for Pakistan Army

Budget for defence expenditures is Rs 627 billion for the fiscal year 2013-14 out of which Rs 301.54 billion have been allocated for Pakistan Army

this does not include capital expenditure.

thanks this is very nice information about Pakistan Army.Pakistan have one of the greatest army in the world so we have to be proud being a Pakistani.

I find it odd, ISI and MI being represented by a civilian lawyer in supreme court for last couple of years. Raja Arshad handling missing persons case, Karachi unrest cast and multiple other cases. When there is a JAG branch, then why ISI and MI picked a civilian? or is it, " Humara jo dil karai ga hum wohi karai gai" ?

I find it odd, ISI and MI being represented by a civilian lawyer in supreme court for last couple of years. Raja Arshad handling missing persons case, Karachi unrest cast and multiple other cases. When there is a JAG branch, then why ISI and MI picked a civilian? or is it, " Humara jo dil karai ga hum wohi karai gai" ?

JAG branch deals mostly with 'internal' issues like courts-martial, research etc. no JAG officer is a supreme court lawyer. the civilian lawyer must work closely with JAG branch.

Keeping in view the bad name were given and the whole psychological warfare against! Its good we just watch the game from outside and show the public why did we actually ''meddle'' in politics. 
keeping tabs on politicians will continue - the actual involvement / meddling in politics may have taken a back seat.
Keeping in view the bad name were given and the whole psychological warfare against! Its good we just watch the game from outside and show the public why did we actually ''meddle'' in politics.

Back
Top Bottom