What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

answer to a sword is nt a sword but a shield

we cant buy everything india buy.

as taimakhan said we need some good AAD system to counter the threat.

answer to a sword is nt a sword but a shield

we cant buy everything india buy.

as taimakhan said we need some good AAD system to counter the threat.

AAD system, there is no announcement by Pakistan, no we are not planned to have them which is very costly. Pakistan currently upgrade Babur missiles and MIRVs on offensives.

AAD system, there is no announcement by Pakistan, no we are not planned to have them which is very costly. Pakistan currently upgrade Babur missiles and MIRVs on offensives.

AAD system in this discussion means the short range self propelled SP systems which can keep up with armor formations and engage targets which are hostile to the armor formations.

This below system is a good example:

Type 95 SPAAA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then something based on this:

Pantsir-S1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A system which can engage targets right above the armor formations and with a missile system of 20-25KM range which can target far away targets which may be engaging the armor formations from 5-8 or 10KM away.

SP guns can be a few hundred feet behind the armor formations thus safe from direct enemy fire but able to engage targets close to or above the armor formations.

And the SP missile system can be 2-3KM behind the armor formations and able to engage targets 18-23KM infront of the armor formations.

And this AAD setup is much cheaper and affordable as well as deadly,provided the system is effective and tactics well evolved.

The Army still relies on MANPADS for most of its Air defense needs, even those for the Armored corps are based on MANPADS.
There was a RFI for Chinese tracked and wheeled AAD systems. But not much came of it.

The Army still relies on MANPADS for most of its Air defense needs, even those for the Armored corps are based on MANPADS.
There was a RFI for Chinese tracked and wheeled AAD systems. But not much came of it.

Yep, effectives MANPADS. None of these has been used last ten years, well in 1999 Indian MiG-21 aircraft was shot down by Stinger as well as Soviet Wars successfully.

FIM-92 Stinger MANPADS - YouTube

Pakistan has been deploying anti-aircraft missiles on Afghan border this year in order to prevent NATO intrusions but continue intrusions .

AAD system in this discussion means the short range self propelled SP systems which can keep up with armor formations and engage targets which are hostile to the armor formations.

This below system is a good example:

Type 95 SPAAA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then something based on this:

Pantsir-S1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A system which can engage targets right above the armor formations and with a missile system of 20-25KM range which can target far away targets which may be engaging the armor formations from 5-8 or 10KM away.

SP guns can be a few hundred feet behind the armor formations thus safe from direct enemy fire but able to engage targets close to or above the armor formations.

And the SP missile system can be 2-3KM behind the armor formations and able to engage targets 18-23KM infront of the armor formations.

And this AAD setup is much cheaper and affordable as well as deadly,provided the system is effective and tactics well evolved.

Sir, did Pakistan plan to develop this AAD systems something with turret guns?

Sir, did Pakistan plan to develop this AAD systems something with turret guns?

We can't make them inhouse, but we may be able to something from the Chinese and develop a few systems within the country, since any such plans will need lots of systems to back up the 2000+ armor force.

Does army has any plans of upgrading existing cobras?
or replacing them?

Does army has any plans of upgrading existing cobras?
or replacing them?

As far as i know most of them have been upgraded & the ones US has given us in the past few years have been upgraded versions.. plans to replace them NOOO they are going to be around for a while. When realtions were good with US uncle sam said they would give us super cobras after a few years but nothing happend nor i think now it will ever . Thats why PA is also looking for a gunship heli in addtion to the cobars we already have lets see how things play out.

Damn
Nice video TOPGUN :enjoy:
just one question
what is the place on which they are flying over?

Yaar most prob tribal belt areas ... i have no clue as i have no info on the video but looking at the area looks to me perhaps like tribal areas.

I think there a dire need to review Pakistan's overall SAM system capabilities. We certainly don't have any modern SAM system either with PA or PAF.A few years back there were talk about a European SAM system but i don't think anything concerte came out of it either.

mountainous scenery below suggest it is some where in South Waziristan.

I think there a dire need to review Pakistan's overall SAM system capabilities. We certainly don't have any modern SAM system either with PA or PAF.A few years back there were talk about a European SAM system but i don't think anything concerte came out of it either.

if you are referring to the italian deal for SAM's system for PAF, it is under delivery to replace the older Crotale SAM systems. the army relies on the ANZA series and the US Stinger SAM systems which are highly effective.

Back
Top Bottom