What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Hi Mr. INDTAM, please do not bother wasting your time on trollers or stupid posts. It is a clearly established fact that the PA aviation is seriously handicapped in terms of mobility, attack helicopters and transport helicopters when compared to the Indian Army aviation. One simply has to go to wikipedia look at the quality and quantity of assets and make a simple honest assessment.

Pakistan does not have the funds to buy any advanced attack helicopter and moreover most countries will not even sell them the platform either. Pakistan's only real choice is the Turkish option or the Chinese options. There is no way the US will sell them the Apache, or Russians the Mi-28, or South African the Tiger, or France the Tiger.

Lastly, given Pakistan is completely broke, how will the even cough up the money? Pakistan can barely afford refurbished Cobra gunships.

Hi Mr. INDTAM, please do not bother wasting your time on trollers or stupid posts. It is a clearly established fact that the PA aviation is seriously handicapped in terms of mobility, attack helicopters and transport helicopters when compared to the Indian Army aviation. One simply has to go to wikipedia look at the quality and quantity of assets and make a simple honest assessment.

Pakistan does not have the funds to buy any advanced attack helicopter and moreover most countries will not even sell them the platform either. Pakistan's only real choice is the Turkish option or the Chinese options. There is no way the US will sell them the Apache, or Russians the Mi-28, or South African the Tiger, or France the Tiger.

Lastly, given Pakistan is completely broke, how will the even cough up the money? Pakistan can barely afford refurbished Cobra gunships.

indeed that is the situation as of today. then i also remember in 2006, people were of the view that the F-16C/D's will never be delivered to Pakistan along with the 500 AIM-120C5's. well we know the result. yes things are bleak from a procurement standpoint but one never knows what the future holds.....

indeed that is the situation as of today. then i also remember in 2006, people were of the view that the F-16C/D's will never be delivered to Pakistan along with the 500 AIM-120C5's. well we know the result. yes things are bleak from a procurement standpoint but one never knows what the future holds.....

Sir if i am not wrong ZIA-UL-HAQ asked US for Apaches in late 80's but Rejected. In mid 90's or in Musharaf's Govt, we again asked for same platform but taken the Cobra Loly. Then we evaluated TIGER but after reviewing the cost, requested France to low in down but nothing came out. now we r waiting Turkish or Chinese platform to get matured. am i right ?

So what exactly US hold other then Apache ... Super Cobra ? i guess it wont be a good platform for countering threat from neighbour.

best bet for PA is to join Turkish T-129 or Chinese WZ10, forget US helos not worth it, either get downgraded ones or keep waiting for better one which will never come, on the other hand India already getting Apaches, they show the money US sells simple

I am personally worried about this deal as Apache will give an edge Indian Army aviation over our army aviation.I do not see any other bird comparable to Apache is being offer to us.So certainly a gap and at the moment no near way to out.In response of all other Indian developments, Pakistan have counter balance measurements in progress.But this is the area we leg behind.Need some serious action.:confused:

I am personally worried about this deal as Apache will give an edge Indian Army aviation over our army aviation.I do not see any other bird comparable to Apache is being offer to us.So certainly a gap and at the moment no near way to out.In response of all other Indian developments, Pakistan have counter balance measurements in progress.But this is the area we leg behind.Need some serious action.:confused:

no need to worry.....surely the apaches are not meant for fighting cobras....they are meant for ground attack.....the only thing that needs to be done is strengthening of air defences,sams etc. and thats it......if our cobras can raise havoc in the enemy lines then whats the need to procure such expensive toys......rather we should try to upgrade our existing fleet and increase its life........

a view i read somewhere some years back-- might be based on old specs

Having said that from what I have heard of Israeli pilots they prefer the Cobra to the Apache. The Cobra is a much smaller target and can carry similar weapons and engage targets with comparable ability. (ie from 3km both can put a ATGM through a window or hit a moving car at night... the Cobra does it much more cheaply.)

The Apache has a reputation of being a bit of a hanger Queen... a bit maintainence heavy and expensive to run and buy. It is certainly the more capable though the difference has closed with the new model of the cobra. The Main advantage of the Apache is MMW Radar, and a relatively powerful gun optimised for air to ground work, plus more and better avionics and night flying aides. The Cobra is almost as capable and cheaper to buy and use and is ship ready.
Combat has proven that the AH-1W Super Cobra is more reliable than the Apache variants. Mission readiness rate is also better. The Corps' Super Cobras flew more than half the total attack force flight hours during Desert Storm eventhough Super Cobras only comprised less than 20% of all deployed attack choppers. They also flew 3x more flight hours per month than any other attack helicopter force during the campaign.

my guess
apache--antitank
cobra--close air upport role

393296_283014055062230_210820685614901_940878_214950116_n.jpg

any serious discussion in Army regarding APACHE iii @ Indian choice ??? any counter measure taken or any debate related buying latest attack heli ?

any serious discussion in Army regarding APACHE iii @ Indian choice ??? any counter measure taken or any debate related buying latest attack heli ?

yaar, we don't have more money to purchase. India is growing fast, it is hard to chase them now than before. We have alot of things to do unfinished business in internal matters.

Indian purchase can not be matched with purchase from our side. Yeah, we can look at something in the shape of T-129 or Z-10s from China.

We need good AAD cover for the armored formations in the shape of mobile AAD assets covering the armor formations.

AAD composed of radar controlled SP assets & Tungusta etc kind of mobile SP AAD missile systems.

We dont need more attack helis to counter the purchase of Indian attack helis. A Attack helicopter is used against Armoured formations.

yaar, we don't have more money to purchase. India is growing fast, it is hard to chase them now than before. We have alot of things to do unfinished business in internal matters.

Do you have any idea about how much corruption we have ? lol your statement would be change!

Do you have any idea about how much corruption we have ? lol your statement would be change!

yaar, our country has been corruption since birth. My statement doesn't change a bit. ;) For India growing fast, do you think we will chase them in long term? The answer is nope! T-129 or Z-10 is not matched with advanced Apaches III with longbrows. NATO helicopter Apache continuely intrusion into Pakistan borders, you know well.

Back
Top Bottom