What's new

Pakistan 'army air strike kills dozens of civilians'

Well said sir, whatever country we are the first thing is we are humans. innocents killed should be averted and protested against.

Disgusting and more worryingly - what a double standard.

If this had happened anywhere else other than in Pashtun heartlands there would've been a outcry and media publicity.

I've yet to see any politician appologize for this catastophic blunder nevermind talk about compensating the innocent. Had this happend in Karachi you can bet your last dollar Rehman Malik would be kissing the feet of MQM leaders and Gilana would've issued a direct appology...

Is Pashtun blood not worth anything anymore?

the mistake is done ONE SHOULD GET A LESSON FROM THIS FOR FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my army and country but humanity has the top priority indeed!
FIRST M A HUMAN THEN MUSLIM AND THEN A PAKISTANI.......
WAR against own people is never a good idea:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pakistan didn't deliberately target civilians. No more then the U.S. deliberately targets civilians in Afghanistan. It is fighting a war against ruthless extremists that would like nothing more then to see Taliban style rule throughout Pakistan. Unfortunately civilians will get caught in that crossfire. As long as the war drags on against The Taliban these things will continue to happen. There is no such thing as a perfect war. You simply try to minimize the mistakes as much as possible.

If this had happened anywhere else other than in Pashtun heartlands there would've been a outcry and media publicity.

I've yet to see any politician appologize for this catastophic blunder nevermind talk about compensating the innocent. Had this happend in Karachi you can bet your last dollar Rehman Malik would be kissing the feet of MQM leaders and Gilana would've issued a direct appology...

This is the single most reason why India is not willing to use military force against Maoists. a single civilian death can cause governments tumble over here and media will be harsh on armed forces.

so sad to hear....
pashtoons are our brothers ASK anyone here in country we respect them and give them the honour of being lion hearted and brave!
you are spreading negativeness!!!!!!
you are allowed to show your anger but.........

One also has to wonder into your identity.

I don't have to prove my identity to anybody. Asking questions is not a crime. You don't have an answer that is why you question the questioner. Pakistan military is not God that we cannot question its motives and actions.

Pakistan didn't deliberately target civilians. No more then the U.S. deliberately targets civilians in Afghanistan. It is fighting a war against ruthless extremists that would like nothing more then to see Taliban style rule throughout Pakistan. Unfortunately civilians will get caught in that crossfire. As long as the war drags on against The Taliban these things will continue to happen. There is no such thing as a perfect war. You simply try to minimize the mistakes as much as possible.
dont compare pakis with your troops ok?
that wud have happened in your country then wud have seen what you say about that ok? BTW AMERICA IS THE REASON the main reason for the present situation in this region!!
you have killled MANY MORE CIVILIANS THEN THOSE WHO WERE KILLED IN YOUR COUNTRY you are responsible for all this happening.....WHEN you wanted to use TALIBAN YOU PRESENTED THEM as HEROES and and took them to your whitehouse and then your real strategy waz deployed and you attacked them....
what did you get?? almost nothing...you may have negotiated with afghanistan govt. and convinced them??
there may be some other ways to do so??
what is happening to humanity now because of who??????
still you are not winning the war against taliban afghanistan.......

Last edited:
One has to wonder whether Pakistani army has killed more Indians or Pakistani civilians. The East Pakistan, Balochistan, Karachi and now NWFP.

One thing is for sure though, that the Taliban have butchered thousands more civilians in their barbaric quest for power than the Pakistani Military has in their attempt to stop the terrorists.

Don't confuse the tragedy of civilian lives lost in war with the necessity of waging war to eliminate terrorists and terrorism.

So the news is fake? is that what u suggesting? or do u doubt the identity of dawn also?
What he was questioning was the comment of the poster bringing into doubt the entire gamut of operations the Pakistani Military has undertaken.

WAR against own people is never a good idea:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

So would you prefer that the Taliban be allowed to whip your mother and sister in the street after dragging them out of their homes?

Would you prefer that your father and brothers are butchered and their headless corpses hung from street lamps in town squares with no one allowed to to touch them till the corpses rot?

Would you prefer that the Taliban be allowed to set off suicide bombings in marketplaces killing thousands of civilians whose bodies cannot be identified because they have been blown to bits?

The casualties are regrettable, but they are also an accident, and a rare one at that.

The GoP should make amends and greater care should be taken in the future, but none of that eliminates the necessity of fighting this war and destroying the Taliban. They are criminals and terrorists and since local law enforcement is incapable of dealing with them at this point, the military has to be used.

The reasons behind the lack of a media outcry could be the fact that the areas in which the strike occurred are off limits.

Beyond that your comment is merely speculative and an attempt to flame ethnic tensions. Instead of comparing a strike in a remote and largely off limits tribal area to a strike in Karachi, a better comparison would have been of a mistaken strike in Peshawar vs a strike in Karachi.

I would wager that the response to such an accident would have been largely similar in both cases. This has nothing to do with Pashtun blood and a lot to do with the circumstances in which the strike occurred.

dont compare pakis with your troops ok?

His comparison is correct in the sense that most NATO airstrikes that kill civilians are also a result of similarly flawed intelligence.

We are not talking about the politics around the US presence in Afghanistan, but merely comparing the events in which civilian casualties occur.

Dude.. Change the word.. Its an offensive slang.. I am changing this in my reply.. Please do the needful in your post..

Its sort of like the N-word. OK when Pakistanis/Africans use it, not OK when used by non-Pakistanis.

You'll see a lot of stadiums with '****-Power' signs during cricket matches for example, though not as much of late.

One thing I'm finding entirely confusing is that a sad incident has indeed happened and people are denying it for they cannot comprehend how a failure of intelligence could have happened. The military is composed of average men who commit mistakes all the time and although validating a strike should have required necessary intelligence, it could have been faulty. This should be a catalyst for change and to make sure that the intelligence is credible and definite.

@Windjammer:- Major newspapers reported that very day, including The News, Dawn and Daily Times. Channels of course are keeping mum on the issue, so as not to raise a negative opinion which could harm the public's resolution of eliminating the TTP.

Back
Top Bottom