What's new

Pakistan and Russian army joint exercises in September- defense minister

A step forward for Pak Russia friendship ties. Let the Indian cries begin.

It is early for them to cry but relations between Pakistan and Russia are improving drasticaly. We heard a lot about intentions soo lets wait and see more real steps. Nowadays words of politicians are nothing but real dids are all.

Great to hear about this.I hope that besides joint excercises,Pakistan and Russia will seek geopolitical and trade interests as well.Pakistan needs to work with her foreign policy alot to prevent any kind of isolation under some circumstances.
regards

Great to hear about this.I hope that besides joint excercises,Pakistan and Russia will seek geopolitical and trade interests as well.Pakistan needs to work with her foreign policy alot to prevent any kind of isolation under some circumstances.
regards
This is the post of the whole thread. It is not about what you can do to become someone's lackey as Pakistan had been one of US. The inclusion in SCO is the linchpin in the whole debate. Even if we don't start buying weapons from USSR we need to start developing products and plans to sell and procure from them. This in my view is more important than all the arms in the world. Once we have a good economic base based on solid foundations not some glossing over by the treasury Munshis, the arms deal will happen. More importantly like we are seeing in Turkey we will have increasing manufacturing and engineering infrastructure to effectively absorb all the transfer of technology options that come to hand. This in a nut shell is what we should be looking for to ADVANCE AS A NATION.
Araz

This is the post of the whole thread. It is not about what you can do to become someone's lackey as Pakistan had been one of US. The inclusion in SCO is the linchpin in the whole debate. Even if we don't start buying weapons from USSR we need to start developing products and plans to sell and procure from them. This in my view is more important than all the arms in the world. Once we have a good economic base based on solid foundations not some glossing over by the treasury Munshis, the arms deal will happen. More importantly like we are seeing in Turkey we will have increasing manufacturing and engineering infrastructure to effectively absorb all the transfer of technology options that come to hand. This in a nut shell is what we should be looking for to ADVANCE AS A NATION.
Araz
I totally agree with you.Plus,we have seen that how Turkey felt isolation.Sir,we need to learn a lot from this and need to broaden our horizon in case of trade relationship,geopolitical interests and rest excellent reasons which you have rightly pointed out.We have no problems with United States,but limiting ourselves with US only is not a good idea.We don't question US when they try to keep balance between us and India,so why not we adopt friendly approach towards Russia?.Russia must also realize this and needs to lift up all bans with respect to weapon trade and needs to develop common interest with us.This is one of the best ways to make Americans realize of our potential and political influence,besides China.
Regards

I totally agree with you.Plus,we have seen that how Turkey felt isolation.Sir,we need to learn a lot from this and need to broaden our horizon in case of trade relationship,geopolitical interests and rest excellent reasons which you have rightly pointed out.We have no problems with United States,but limiting ourselves with US only is not a good idea.We don't question US when they try to keep balance between us and India,so why not we adopt friendly approach towards Russia?.Russia must also realize this and needs to lift up all bans with respect to weapon trade and needs to develop common interest with us.This is one of the best ways to make Americans realize of our potential and political influence,besides China.
Regards
I think the post 2020 USA will possibly not be as opposed to our relationship with the red bear. We have never had the situation so favourable for us in the last 70 yrs so if we dont avail the opportunity the fault will be ours.
Araz

Great News.
Thats the beauty of Geo Politics.
Great News.
Thats the beauty of Geo Politics.

Yesterday we were killing them in Afghanistan... Today it's all bonhomie....

It is going to be very interesting.

China - Russia also navy exercise near Japan coast in August before Russia - Pakistan will exercise in September

China, Russia Planning 20-Ship Naval Exercise in the Sea of Japan in August - USNI News

A small naval Ex was also conducted in Karachi when 2 Russian ships visited last year....

Apart from that PN ships are making port calls in russian ports these days...

P.S: A Pak-US military ex (including SF) is also planned this year... Apart from the usual war games in multinational ex in Jordan,Bahrain etc.

Regards

Congrats on the promotion !

Yesterday we were killing them in Afghanistan... Today it's all bonhomie....

A small naval Ex was also conducted in Karachi when 2 Russian ships visited last year....

Apart from that PN ships are making port calls in russian ports these days...

P.S: A Pak-US military ex (including SF) is also planned this year... Apart from the usual war games in multinational ex in Jordan,Bahrain etc.

Congrats on the promotion !

Russia understands the need of revenge. If they hadn''t involved in 71 debacle, we would have shown restrained in Afghanistan as well

@DESERT FIGHTER , I hope Pakistan Navy continue to increase exercises with some big countries especially Russia, United States, and of course China.

LOL you don't have to bring Indians in everything, don't worry kid we wont cry, now we have a large no.of suppliers of defence equippments, e have just startedto look beyond Russia, btw all the best with your 4 outdated Mi 35s while we will be inducting American Apaches:lol:

btw all the best with your 4 outdated Mi 35s while we will be inducting American Apaches:lol:

Only if you knew there respective roles in combat and there utility!
Comparing two entirely different platforms, designed and meant for different roles.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom