What's new

Pakistan and its "Allies"

Every nation is ally of her interests , so should be PAKISTAN........ we need to realize this fact.
We need to secure our interests and national pride by viable internal and foreign policy.
we need to learn from our past as quickly as possible in order to come out of the present day troubles.

Granted but one must fix his own house before turning to go outside. Their foreign affairs don't look too good if they let the inside of Pakistan go to hell which is what they have basically done.

who made atomic bomb for pakistan?????????? z a bhutto

in which government pakistan stat production of missiles ???????? in benazir bhutto time

pppp have done much more than others for the defence of pakistan

Time & again one reads thoughts of posters here on whom Pak should ally with. Who its ' natural allies' are and how the US has been a terrible ally who has repeatedly ' stabbed " Pak in the back while extracting the last drop of blood from Pak.

[

America imo has never been an ally of America. It's just a few treacherous leaders who from time to time have sold out Pakistan to America which has been dressed up as an alliance

Time & again one reads thoughts of posters here on whom Pak should ally with. Who its ' natural allies' are and how the US has been a terrible ally who has repeatedly ' stabbed " Pak in the back while extracting the last drop of blood from Pak.

Plan B :There is then a call to ' switch' permanently to China the ' all weather' friend who stands by through thick & thin.

Plan C :Next is a call to re- vitalise relations with Russia who is possibly seen as the next best to China and would ' continue ' the anti US sentiment within the country. More like a lover on the rebound if you will.

Plan D :Lastly, out of spite I suspect is the call to hold hands with Iran. This helps to continue the anti US stance. Never mind if Iran has never considered itself close to Pak( Shia - Sunni) but then adversity makes stange bed fellows.

Wonder why no one ever talks of not needing allies and standing up on their own feet ?

Why should a nation with no shortage of resources other than oil have to look for help all the time ?

Instead of always looking and finding faults in what the others did or did not do why not examine what the nation can do for itself ?

The biggest problem with having a crutch is that one gets so used to it that one begings to feel that life cannot exist without it.

Or maybe we could look at SCO. Why not China Russia and Iran and also India if India can shake off being American doormat

Plan B :There is then a call to ' switch' permanently to China the ' all weather' friend who stands by through thick & thin.

Plan C :Next is a call to re- vitalise relations with Russia who is possibly seen as the next best to China and would ' continue ' the anti US sentiment within the country. More like a lover on the rebound if you will.

Plan D :Lastly, out of spite I suspect is the call to hold hands with Iran. This helps to continue the anti US stance. Never mind if Iran has never considered itself close to Pak( Shia - Sunni) but then adversity makes stange bed fellows.

Wonder why no one ever talks of not needing allies and standing up on their own feet ?

Why should a nation with no shortage of resources other than oil have to look for help all the time ?

Instead of always looking and finding faults in what the others did or did not do why not examine what the nation can do for itself ?

The biggest problem with having a crutch is that one gets so used to it that one begings to feel that life cannot exist without it.

Not a single person has said we need allies to feed us and give handouts to us. We are okay with allying up with everyone on bilateral issues of interest. It just happens that the US and our interest do not align any more.

Not a single person has said we need allies to feed us and give handouts to us. We are okay with allying up with everyone on bilateral issues of interest. It just happens that the US and our interest do not align any more.

compelled to say post of the day

China will back pakistan as long as it is hostile towards India and USA. other than that I don't see chinese backing Pakistan in the long run.

Pakistan is backing saudi arabia in Iran v saudi, by helping saudis crack down on Bahraini protesters and so on;Pakistan is neutral in Iran v israel,america( well publicly anyway)
so I don't see Iran being an ally to pakistan atm.

Not for a moment was it suggested that allies feed or give handouts .

Today the US interest does not align any more, some day it may be the same with Chinese/ Russian..

The Larger issue is why must there be a need to seek allies on any other terms but equality or economics and not to counter another nation ?

60 years is a long time in the life of a nation.

In this regard, I must add or repeat that India is perhaps the best at "ally" management.

Israel and Arabs ka kuttay bili ka wair ho

Iran-US may hate each other's guts

But they all love India and India loves them. This is artistic manipulation, well worth a round of applause.

In this regard, I must add or repeat that India is perhaps the best at "ally" management.

But they all love India and India loves them. This is artistic manipulation, well worth a round of applause.

lol @ Pakistani members Blaming BS GOVT GOVT and GOVT ... ooo bhai this govt is here from last ONLY 4 YEARS .... and tenure of so called Civlian GOvts not MORE thn 12 years.....

from last 50 years THE ARMY OF PAKISTAN RESPONSIBLE OF THIS NATION "PAKISTAN". Army is more Corrupt thn this GOVT!

Indeed it is but i am surprised to see why pakistani's fellows had to even care to respond to such a thoughtless and substantially poor thread..Pakistan has achieved uptill now whatever it deemed necessary for its surviavl let it be nuclear bomb and we all shouldnt forget 1986 when israeli bombers were in srinagar to bomb kahota but our timely warning to india and US thwarted that attack..Besides current ban on US supply routes does prove we can do remove any obstacle that blurr our line of sight regarding any particular issue..Besides I would like to add beside all the drama of grwoth India's international loans are many folds higher than pakistan and an average pakistani enjoys a better lifestyle than an average indian..With a lot less hungry and illiterate masses sleeping on roads in pak as compare to india ...

@ thread we needed US back then and they needed us so it was a mutual going but now as we can see the changing patterns we have changed our appriach as well and thats just the begining ..With putin visit this sept I m sure Pak would be able to completely get rid of US influenece and would be able to decide what suits its best..

There is nothing good in this it just proves indians to be the biggest hypocrites as is the nature of a hindu banyia..But they are strategic partners of israel and US only against muslim world and time will prove this..but for the time being this hypocrisy may help them get some diplomatic advantages but not for long considering world's volatile situation..We being muslims cant let such worldly affairs guide our policies as we have certain guidelines to follow..

There is nothing good in this it just proves indians to be the biggest hypocrites as is the nature of a hindu banyia..But they are strategic partners of israel and US only against muslim world and time will prove this..but for the time being this hypocrisy may help them get some diplomatic advantages but not for long considering world's volatile situation..We being muslims cant let such worldly affairs guide our policies as we have certain guidelines to follow..

Wonder what higher ' guidelines ' Mush followed when he did the famous U-Turn and dropped the Taliban on a phone call from overseas. What was saddams ' guideline' when he took over Kuwait or what ' guideline' Iran - Iraq followed for nine years when at war ?

BTW , the underlined part is offensive, shallow & un called for .. reported.

It possibly a case of relevance ?

Wonder what higher ' guidelines ' Mush followed when he did the famous U-Turn and dropped the Taliban on a phone call from overseas. What was saddams ' guideline' when he took over Kuwait or what ' guideline' Iran - Iraq followed for nine years when at war ?

You gave the example of dictators who knew they shouldnt be where they were(presidency) and therefore were weak inside and took steps to please americans but we all saw their end..which was terribble had they followed the guidelines I was talking about they would not have faced such insulting dismissals..Regarding the underline part I had to name it coz they are known worldwide for their hypocrisy and by just saying indians I dint wanna include indians muslims,sikhs and christians...

You gave the example of dictators who knew they shouldnt be where they were(presidency) and therefore were weak inside and took steps to please americans but we all saw their end..which was terribble had they followed the guidelines I was talking about they would not have faced such insulting dismissals..Regarding the underline part I had to name it coz they are known worldwide for their hypocrisy and by just saying indians I dint wanna include indians muslims,sikhs and christians...

Back
Top Bottom