What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

Bristol Freighter/Herks and No.6 SQ - never ending love.

PAF_Bristol_Freighter.jpg

1661204824429.png

I wonder if we will ever end up buying the chinese y20. Seems pretty good for transporting stuff such as artillery and tanks. Can be used for large scale airborne operations too. C130s are good but having something heavier along with it doesnt hurt.

Cargo planes are an absolute nightmare to fly in without ear protection. Have flown in them a few times.

Just one more case of why the Embraer C-390 is probably a good option for the PAF in the future.

1663871272488.png

Embraer and L3 are teaming up to configure a refueling boom to the C-390. So, basically, you'd get a complete solution (boom and hose/drogue) all in one platform that can also double as a tactical transport.

Granted, I'm not sure if boom-configured planes can work as transports, but you do simplify your logistics and maintenance chain by maintaining one type for both airlift and refueling. Couple that with the fact that the C-390 uses airliner engines for added efficiency, cost control and maintainability.

For the PAF, the C-130B/E/Hs aren't going anywhere, but at this point, I think they can start looking at the C-390 in the tanker role. Look at an initial batch of 6-8 aircraft equipped with both the boom and the hose/drogue pods. @GriffinsRule @Yasser76 @arslank03

Back
Top Bottom