What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

NEW BIRD FOR PAF :pakistan:

Photo-4645.jpg

Could be a new refueler

It is nothing of the sort. :)
obviously not in current configuration but probably after conversion ???

Or are you suggesting that it will used for VIP duties ??

Pakistan Air Force Airbus A319 was observed flying using (PAF) Call Sign "PAF1102" with serial number A-1102 applied on it.
©️ Tahir Sultan-Falcons.PK

1658406740088.png

ACE of PAF​

PAF ACQUIRES AIRBUS A319

The Pakistan Air Force has acquired a single Airbus A319-112 medium-range narrow body airliner (current registration: LY-TKT, built in 1999) from Avion Express of Lithuania.

The aircraft arrived in Pakistan three days ago.
The Air Force’s final plans for the plane are currently unknown, but the aircraft will be used for multirole limited Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), utility, transport and medevac roles as well as Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) and Signals & Electronic Intelligence (SIGINT & ELINT) missions.

There were earlier rumours that the PAF intends to convert the aircraft into an aerial tanker for mid-air refuelling as well.
link n source

Might as well pick these up too.
What a world it wouldve been had we invested early on with the Brazilians in the C-390 platform. Not like we didnt know C-130s would need to go sooner or later.

1659159023792.png

1659162545640.png

1659163907121.png

Last edited:
Might as well pick these up too.
What a world it wouldve been had we invested early on with the Brazilians in the C-390 platform. Not like we didnt know C-130s would need to go sooner or later.

View attachment 866250

View attachment 866258
View attachment 866261
The PAF's interest in the C-390 will depend a lot on the latter's hot-and-high performance. I'd love to see Embraer run some tests within Pakistan itself (not specifically for the PAF, but other countries too as our conditions can be pretty tough). OTOH, and it'd be pretty random, but the PN could be a dark horse candidate for the C-390.

The PAF's interest in the C-390 will depend a lot on the latter's hot-and-high performance. I'd love to see Embraer run some tests within Pakistan itself (not specifically for the PAF, but other countries too as our conditions can be pretty tough). OTOH, and it'd be pretty random, but the PN could be a dark horse candidate for the C-390.
realistically, we have no option but to go for the c390 eventually. There isnt anything else available rn. India not buying Embraer was such a blessing, otherwise then we'd be royally fucked. Though, now i wonder why we didnt approach Italy for their J's

Pakistan's geography is not that unique but we tend to make a bigger deal of it then it actually is. Lots of countries operate in similar or harsher climates already.
I also think C-390 will actually out-perform a turboprop in most instances. In the long terms all these used C-130 acquisitions are truly stopgap purchases. We will have to replace them in the next 15-20 years, and that is not a very long time tbh (esp since we are not buying newer J airframes.)
I think PN has already tied its future to the Embraer jet for the future MPA. They have no requirement for a C-390 or any other transport aircraft, and even if needed can charter or use PAF assets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom