What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

922234_166165613547214_301487323_o.jpg

^or is this just for a 'paint-job'? - dont see the engines anywhere?

Sir you don't need to disassemble mighty C-130 just for a paint job.
It is done this way.

20793819.jpg

Its really good thing that Pakistan can overhaul large aircraft like C-130 & its engine as well at home at PAC and also produce a good range of its spare parts. Really delight to see this development, ARF is progressing well. :tup:

ENGINE OVERHAUL

C-130 QEC

C-130 Quick Engine Change(QEC)
C-130 Propeller Overhaul Facilities have been established in collaboration with M/S Derco Aerospace Inc, United States of America and Hamilton Sundstrand Maastricht, Netherlands. Propeller AMOF has expanded to include overhauling of QEC (Quick Engine Change) which is also now carried out at PAC. Detail is as under:
QEC Overhauling
QEC Access Panels repair
QEC Longeron Replacement
QEC Skin Replacement

air_craft015.jpg

air_craft014.jpg

Engines are sent to Kamra.

FAcilities at PAC and also the depot maint bases have remarkably improved over the last 7 to 10 years.

PAF AED at Faisal (102 I think) also has capabilities for overhaul of Mi 17.

well PAF always wanted or counted on one type of aircraft F 16 and C 130 you see 99 percent of transport is of c 130 hercules and few vip aircraft which have nothing to do in war just transporting vip waste of money. paf should have three different types of aircrafts for transport heavy transporter like C 7 galaxy or antnov we needed in relief operation and as well as in war time which i dont know why we did not buyed till now nuts PAF thinktank other should be like IL 78 for transport we have IL 78 but for refueling and small light transport like C 130 j we need

I love these great images! how do you guys find them? What is your secret?

Thank you and may we see more please.

well PAF always wanted or counted on one type of aircraft F 16 and C 130 you see 99 percent of transport is of c 130 hercules and few vip aircraft which have nothing to do in war just transporting vip waste of money. paf should have three different types of aircrafts for transport heavy transporter like C 7 galaxy or antnov we needed in relief operation and as well as in war time which i dont know why we did not buyed till now nuts PAF thinktank other should be like IL 78 for transport we have IL 78 but for refueling and small light transport like C 130 j we need

Unfortunately after 5 decades with C-130 service; they still think its present numbers with some 'modifications' are enough for them. I won't go in detail, they know this so called 'air-lift capability' is their weakest link. Its not even enough to support PAF, leave the ground forces support aside.

Food for thought: Some years ago a friend of mine wrote a paper on similar topic. At that time PAF had 10 C-130s, whereas IAF had 11 transport units (some 210 aircraft If I am not mistaken? ).

Back
Top Bottom