What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

Photo-3464.jpg

I believe sone habibi country got their CASA aircraft converted into AC130 spooky like configuration.

We could do same. Either with CASA CN platform or KC390. There are drones both MALE and HALE, with good endurance/time on station/loitering ability but their firepower and ammo capacity is a serious limiting factor.

Whereas, CAS/recon aircraft like AC-130 have limited loitering ability. I believe Spooky loiter time is 4-5 hours. But by God it can rain down hell's fury on enemy tgts.

So I guess it's a tradeoff time on station vs firepower.

I think of a MALE/HALE drone like a sniper. A lot if not most of the time a sniper team is doing recon and observation. Other times the it goes in aor looking for a very specific tgt. That's drones are a good candidate for drone security in my view cuz you can keep an eye on the border and lob a atgm, gbu on a small group trying to hop the fence.

And think of Spooky like aircraft as a Squad machine gunner providing suppressing fire(only this suppresses enemy for ever).

How do you think an AC130 like aircraft would have faired vs cobras in Pakistan's WoT campaign?

But there should be manned aircraft.
CN235 & CN295 are good multipurpose platform.

For mid-term, does PAF looking to acquire more from Ukraine?

But there should be manned aircraft.
CN235 & CN295 are good multipurpose platform.

For mid-term, does PAF looking to acquire more from Ukraine?
Russians just test flew a newer much more advanced version of IL-78 with glass cockpit and ability to refuel 3 jets instead of 2 before.

Russians just test flew a newer much more advanced version of IL-78 with glass cockpit and ability to refuel 3 jets instead of 2 before.

All IL-78s can refuel 3 jets at a time.

1608873436820.png

But I'm now pretty sure that PAF future fleet of refuellers can be some 3 to 5 A-330 MRTs or Y-20.

Any possibility of having a deal for the 6 C-130J with the US Govt. this year?
Although there were some speculations that PAF might not opt for C-130 in good numbers, instead the fleet might look like this in 2030/35:
  • 15 Y-20s
  • 15 KC-390 / Kawasaki C-2
  • 10 CN-295
  • 4+6 CN-235

Last edited:
PAF plane leaves for China to bring Covid-19vaccine

NCOC makes arrangements for the vaccine's storage in Islamabad, transportation to provinces.
A special plane of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) left for Beijing on Sunday to bring home the first tranche of the Sinopharm vaccine for Covid-19 vaccination in the country.

1612102028057.png

1612102069092.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom