What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

Yes i remeber 8 f16 were approved by congress and indian lobby was unsuccessful ..also indian lobby couldnt out pakistan on FATF either

reality isn’t as one dimensional as you make it sound to be.

PAF wanted 8 more F16s Dar refused to pay difference along CSF to LM and put it on indian lobby and Jews it

Serious, was later transferred to a front company called Royal Airlines or something. Google Earth and find the hanger on the right of the runway on Nur Khan base next to the KRL head office. That is ISI’s hanger. They use business jets now.
Is this true? @airomerix

So it is true then PAF does have a AN-26 , is it used for general purpose transport needs ?

Used by the ISI.

An-26...!

Flew on that bloody aircraft once (deadheading) from Kabul to Herat. Right after takeoff, the entire plane started shaking like a G**damn nite club. When I finally stepped out (or leaped out), my words were (I believe), "never again".

That plane makes that Fokker F-27 look like a Dreamliner.

I will say this, from the conversation i've had with the crew that operated that thing is that its solid & knows how to take a hit & still fly.

82552118_987826084926204_3551693037576912896_o.jpg

The aerial transport fleet of Pakistan Air Force can be summarized in three words; Outdated, insufficient, sluggish.

I guess PAF should start discussing with. USA and EU on potential sale of:
4 to 5 A330 MRT
10 to 12 A-400M
10 to 12 C-130J

As deal finalization can take 2 to 3 years time and then induction into the fleet will gonna take 10 years time.

I guess PAF should start discussing with. USA and EU on potential sale of:
4 to 5 A330 MRT
10 to 12 A-400M
10 to 12 C-130J

As deal finalization can take 2 to 3 years time and then induction into the fleet will gonna take 10 years time.
15 to 20 C130 J new and used would be great addition no need A400 yes may have few IL76 too

The aerial transport fleet of Pakistan Air Force can be summarized in three words; Outdated, insufficient, sluggish.

Why would you say so ? what is your claim behind your comment ?

Why would you say so ? what is your claim behind your comment ?

We always seem to have an obsession with having a big transport fleet when we really do not need it. Pakistan now has excellent rail and road links. Apart from base resupply, supporting foreign exercises and patratroop training I really do not see why we need so many new transport planes. Current fleet of 16 C-130s and 4 CN-235s seem more then enough.

Pakistan has no global comitments nor is it like India where much of the country cannot be reach by road or rail.

You will see small countries with excellent transport links and big military budgets do not invest much in these. Look at say Israel, Italy or Tawain. They all operate around 20 decent sized transport planes too. Granted I guess we have a big population and for humanitarian disaster we need planes but the current fleet seems enough.

If we have bases abroad or Army expanded airborne forces massively then it would make a case for more modern planes

Back
Top Bottom