What's new

Pakistan Air Force To Gain Superiority Over Indian Air Force

Nabil

PAF have inducted 58 new fighters since 2009 ( 40 JFT & 18 F16/52)

IAF have inducted 18 Flankers per Year + 16 mig29k in the same period = 70 planes.

Your claim that PAF is modernising its obselete fleet faster than IAF is way floored............

TODAY 300 of PAF 400 front line fighters are obselete F7 & MIRAGE 5 = 75%

TODAY 350 OF IAF 620 fighters are obselete ie 60%

You also quoted Mirage2000 * mig29 as 30 year old platform WELL so is the little fleet of F16 MLU which are over 50% of the useful life expectancy expended already.... for the PAF..........

As for the near future i would be GOB SMAKED if PAF ever gained a advantage over IAF with a budget equal to ONE FIFTH of the IAF today and in the future........ ITS financially not viable

Nabil

PAF have inducted 58 new fighters since 2009 ( 40 JFT & 18 F16/52)

IAF have inducted 18 Flankers per Year + 16 mig29k in the same period = 70 planes.

Your claim that PAF is modernising its obselete fleet faster than IAF is way floored............

TODAY 300 of PAF 400 front line fighters are obselete F7 & MIRAGE 5 = 75%

TODAY 350 OF IAF 620 fighters are obselete ie 60%

You also quoted Mirage2000 * mig29 as 30 year old platform WELL so is the little fleet of F16 MLU which are over 50% of the useful life expectancy expended already.... for the PAF..........

As for the near future i would be GOB SMAKED if PAF ever gained a advantage over IAF with a budget equal to ONE FIFTH of the IAF today and in the future........ ITS financially not viable

Mirage maybe, but it has been upgraded to carry Ra'ad Air launched cruise missile, new Grifo Radar, and to Air to Air refuelling.
As far as F-7s are concerned, we have received them from 1988-2002 (including the latest version called F-7PG)

Retiring them early doesnt necessarily mean because they are 'old'. Last i heard JF-17 Block 1 will also be retired after 8-10years...

F7 is a chinease mig21 copy.

Its small lightweight fighter with very limted radar and weapons load.

no FBW and no BVR capability and absolutely zero multi role capability.

The sooner they are replaced by block 2 JFT the better.

To gain a real upper hand over the IAF today PAF ideally needed 150-175 .. F16/52 falcons multi rolers

i WOULD bet on any air power of that technology and make up giving IAF a nitemare.......

(israeli airforce comes to mind)

But we know how the USA CANT BE TRUSTED and PAF has opted for JFT for now and FC20 possibly in the future

I just don't understand what conclusion some are coming to. Yes as a regional AF the PAF is impressive and capable but when compared to a future global AF like the IAF naturally the latter is the superior but that does not diminish the PAF's standing but all things a relative so when looked at through the prism of the IAF the PAF is inferior. No two ways about it in terms of quality and quantity but this is meaningless. We would not expect anything less given the comparisons of economy and budget.

There is just no point Iin trying to argue against this fact as anyone will be able to see through the flawed logic in seconds.

You are too impatient.

Eventual PAF goals:

350 JF-17 (Block 1 = 50, Block 2 = 200, Block 3 = 50)
150 J-10B
100 F-16 (Block 40 MLU = 50, Block 52= 50)
? J-20

You are looking at 600-700 Mordern Fighter Jets and this is more than enough within our border reach with India (1 enemy)

Eventual IAF Goals:

272 SU-30 MKI
126 Rafale
67 Mig-29
49 Mirage 2000
? Hal Tejas
? AMCA
? PAK-FA

You are looking at around 700-800 Mordern Fighter Jets. Since India is a much bigger country, it needs to protect from Pakistan and China (2 enemies)

can you provide any official link for the proposed structure for PAF??or is it something you think it will be??
And IAF plans are like this-

232 Su 30 MKI
40 Su 30 MKI"super Sukhoi"
190 Rafale
49 Mirage 200
67 Mig 29 SMT
40 Tejas mk 1
200 Tejas mk 2 (initial order- official report)
20 Tejas mk 2 two seater trainers
around 300 AMCA(since they aim to replace Jaguar and mig 27)
50 PAK FA
250 FGFA
That makes around 1200 fighters......

The topic is, "Pakistan Air Force To Gain Superiority Over Indian Air Force" and whatever i said was in the context of this topic. I only tried to reply those who agree or disagree which is their right understandably. The benchmark is the decade of 90s where the edge favoured IAF when su-30 was inducted.

IAF / PAF

4th gen fighter........Y 4th gen fighter........Y

BVRs.............Y BVRs.............Y

AWACS..........Y AWACS..........Y

AARs.............Y AARs..........Y

C4I/ Netcentric warfare capability....Y C4I/ Netcentric warfare capability....Y

This is just a comparison of general capability, not numbers, and the article is all about this capability nothing more. What PAF has gained in last 5-6 years is leaps and bounds better then what she ever had whereas IAF had most of the capabilities since 15-18 years (MKI fighters, MICA, Derby BVRs, AARs,), only Phalcon was inducted after 2000. This is where the gap has been decreased with IAF however, squadron numbers can be increased in due time.

Really will JF-17 help Pakistan to get superiority over T-50. :laugh:

PAF already working with China on J-21/ FC-2 as it was proposed to PAF as their next gen stealth/ low observable fighter. T-50 will not feel lonely.

You are too impatient.

Eventual PAF goals:

350 JF-17 (Block 1 = 50, Block 2 = 200, Block 3 = 50)
150 J-10B
100 F-16 (Block 40 MLU = 50, Block 52= 50)
? J-20

You are looking at 600-700 Mordern Fighter Jets and this is more than enough within our border reach with India (1 enemy)

Eventual IAF Goals:

272 SU-30 MKI
126 Rafale
67 Mig-29
49 Mirage 2000
? Hal Tejas
? AMCA
? PAK-FA

You are looking at around 700-800 Mordern Fighter Jets. Since India is a much bigger country, it needs to protect from Pakistan and China (2 enemies)

Man that is not a fair comparison, you increase the numbers on PAF side without any confirmation. I do not think you have 50 Block 52 F-16 I think you have only 18.

Also not sure about 150 J10B

It might be that you might get some of these in future but nothing is close to finalized stage.

On the other hand you completely ignore aircraft for IAF which are almost done.

Like Tejas and PAKFA. Tejas will be reality in coming 2 years and PAKFA we have paid money so we will get.

On paper the IAF looks stronger, in real most of this fighters are not battle proven and have not faced each other so it is hard to compare.

Ofcourse!!!
Your pilots can see 800 kms into every direction and shoot unguided munitions at a similiar range at 100% accuracy!!
FACE IT!!!
even with deterioting IAF you still cannot beat us...
Most of your planes don't even have BVR!! yes you may have missiles but what is their use if you can't use them beyond visual range??:lol:
eireye is a good radar but it doesn't have 360 degree view!! Even DRDO AEWC which is of the same class has it!!
For god's sake, you are betting your future on a lightweight fighter like JF 17, and your future plans include a medium category fighter J 10.....:disagree: You should have enrolled for the J 20 program when chinese first announced it!!
Your pilots are cowards with no motivation to fight. We could beat you with ease!

1. Mig 29K belongs to IN not IAF
2. MKIs replaces Mig 23 and 27s
3. We are phasing out around 200 Mig 21 currently, with just 40 x LCA and if at all 18 x Rafales as replacements till 2015

=> We are inducting less fighters than PAF and we will have a shortfall of more than 100 x fighters, that we can replace only in the long term!

Back
Top Bottom