What's new

Pakistan Air Force To Gain Superiority Over Indian Air Force

Even if the source seems biased i don't think the article is.Even though the superiority might be short lived for PAF but the analysis might just be sound.

hahaaha i knew that at the end, it will all boil to ''We bhaarteez have superior technology'' :rofl:
BTW ignorant one, we also have this baby
Sino-Pakistan+PAF+ZDK-03+AWACS+Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

OH MY GOD, i just lost my sleep this means IAF will lose next war against PAF :rofl::rofl:

Even if the source seems biased i don't think the article is.Even though the superiority might be short lived for PAF but the analysis might just be sound.

please justify your argument with facts.

Difficult to see HOW IAF is losing superiority over PAF.........

The article talks abt IAF falling to 31 sqds versis PAF 26 Sqds.

BUT LOOK AT PAF 26 sqds.

1 sqds F16 block 52
3 sqds of F16 a/b currently being upgraded to block c/d
2 sqds of JFT
10 Sqds of F7 (MIG21 china)
10 sdqs of mirage rose 3/5 (abt 20 years olders than mirage2000)

Other than the first 6 sqds is there anything to worry abt

Yes the PAF has recived 500 araams c5 bvrs and new AWACS but the awacs are on turbo props and way inferior to PHALCON AWACS

that air force above is around 50% the firepower of the IAF AT BEST...........

Seriously, 85% of PAF should first concentrate on matching the Bisons first, before they move on to Mirage-2000H, MiG-29B, Su-30MKI and MiG-29K.

That's too simple and a wrong conclusion about JF 17 capabilities, I suggest to check the JF 17 info pool to get a better understanding about the fighter. Also, PAF indeed has some fields now where they are superior to IAF, mainly because of IAF delays and slow modernisation stage and not because PAF has something really superior in it's fleet.

JF 17 for example is a low cost, low end 4th gen fighter, multi role capable and already replacing older single role fighters. IAF had the same plan with LCA, but since it is delayed and the Mig 21s couldn't been used anymore the we lack behind in the low end modernisation field!

AWACS is another example, where PAF has inducted more aircrafts in a way shorter timeframe, while IAF waits till DRDO AWACS will be ready. Combined with the advantage of not having to split them to different borders, they have better AWACS coverage than IAF today!

And another one, with the induction of Raad to Mirage fighters, they already have a long range cruise missile strike capability, which poses a credible threat to India. IAF in this case is still waiting for MKIs to be upgraded with Brahmos, or Mirage 2000 and Rafale with Scalp cruise missile to arrive!

When you also take to account that PAF can place their fighters only against India, while IAF has to splitt between China and Pakistan, the numerical superiority is pretty much gone as well and they are close to equal.

IAF still have an edge in techs and capability, no matter which aircraft, IAF has the more capable once and that's currently the base of our defence, a technological advantage to counter the slow modernisation.
IAF will only more ahead if they speed up replacements of fighters, AWACS and new capabilities, with FGFA as the next game changer. Till then PAF gets much more closer than they have been ever before, but will not gain superiority in general.

Difficult to see HOW IAF is losing superiority over PAF.........

The article talks abt IAF falling to 31 sqds versis PAF 26 Sqds.

BUT LOOK AT PAF 26 sqds.

1 sqds F16 block 52
3 sqds of F16 a/b currently being upgraded to block c/d
2 sqds of JFT
10 Sqds of F7 (MIG21 china)
10 sdqs of mirage rose 3/5 (abt 20 years olders than mirage2000)

Other than the first 6 sqds is there anything to worry abt

Yes the PAF has recived 500 araams c5 bvrs and new AWACS but the awacs are on turbo props and way inferior to PHALCON AWACS

that air force above is around 50% the firepower of the IAF AT BEST...........

This is called "making the ground for the play :D" expect the increase in order of Rafale using the follow on order going with main order. :D that would be nice. Then we will get 40 Rafale's off self from France in two years :D and remaining 146 to be build in India (126+ 60)

That info pool is full of posts with future tense. At present JF-17 has 85km/5m2 radar, no HMS & Jammers. I don't know from where you are sourcing this "Mig 21s couldn't been used anymore" from. MiG-21s are still good for the next 5 years till 2017 after which they will be phased out by 2017, 10 years since the 10yr life extension program began in 2006/7. 10-yr breather: MiG-21 can fly 1,000 hrs extra - Times Of India
Although it is said that they will start phasing them out from 2014, it is unlikely to be in huge quantities. With Kopyo-M, R-77, R-27, HMS, R-73 & EL/L-8222 jammers, it can more than hold its ground against 85% of PAF junks.

There is no need to panic, squadron depletion is a natural process while part of old fleet is being replaced with new ones but panic will be at a high when new inductions take longer than expected.

That info pool is full of posts with future tense. At present JF-17 has 85km/5m2 radar, no HMS & Jammers. I don't know from where you are sourcing this "Mig 21s couldn't been used anymore" from. MiG-21s are still good for the next 5 years till 2017 after which they will be phased out by 2017, 10 years since the 10yr life extension program began in 2006/7. 10-yr breather: MiG-21 can fly 1,000 hrs extra - Times Of India
Although it is said that they will start phasing them out from 2014, it is unlikely to be in huge quantities. With Kopyo-M, R-77, R-27, HMS, R-73 & EL/L-8222 jammers, it can more than hold its ground against 85% of PAF junks.

This is not the right thread to discuss jf-17 but some very biased figures on your part. What do you call IAF's Mig-21s (40+ year old) Jags (35+ years old) Mig 29 (30+ year) Mig-27 (35+ years) and Mirage 2000 (30+ years)? The point is, both airforces are flying a high portion of junk aircraft but PAF is replacing junk faster than IAF at the moment. Also, Elta 8222 is hardly a match for ALQ-211 series jammers (v4 and v9) that PAF operates with blk 52 and MLU (3 MLU already delivered in Feb by Turkey)

That post was in continuation to my previous detailed earlier post which was deleted. I was not talking about F-16s and their jammers.

MiG-21Bis/Bison are not 40 year old! The latest Bis only rolled out of production in 1988.

Pakistan-India wars lost or won, PAF has always had the edge in terms of kill ratio with decade old fighter jets and with less in quantity.

This is not the right thread to discuss jf-17 but some very biased figures on your part. What do you call IAF's Mig-21s (40+ year old) Jags (35+ years old) Mig 29 (30+ year) Mig-27 (35+ years) and Mirage 2000 (30+ years)? The point is, both airforces are flying a high portion of junk aircraft but PAF is replacing junk faster than IAF at the moment. Also, Elta 8222 is hardly a match for ALQ-211 series jammers (v4 and v9) that PAF operates with blk 52 and MLU (3 MLU already delivered in Feb by Turkey)

That way even a good portion of the F 16s in PAF are 25-30 years old.. And please expand on the assertion of PAF replacing old aircrafts with new ones at a faster rate.. I think you are forgetting a continuous add of 15-20 SU 30 MKIs every year by IAF, which is probably a much faster rate than PAF. Add to that the kick off of induction of LCA and MMRCA in next 2 years and its suddenly a different ball game all together now.. Isnt it?

Pakistan-India wars lost or won, PAF has always had the edge in terms of kill ratio with decade old fighter jets and with less in quantity.

ya yaya you always write this but never support your claims with facts. Care to do it here ???
wiki has other opinion. BTW where was your "PAF with edge" when the 4 hunters where eating your tanks ???

Also, Elta 8222 is hardly a match for ALQ-211 series jammers (v4 and v9) that PAF operates with blk 52 and MLU (3 MLU already delivered in Feb by Turkey)

While this is an issue with older IAF/IN aircraft (Jaguars and MiGs, lets say), it doesn't factor in to the same degree of loss when mounted onto a Su-30MKI type platform, where the internal avionics more than make up for the functionality absence.

The 8222 is only one of the systems used by the IAF now, anyway. I believe they're looking at expanding the capabilities of the Tusker and Knirti pods. The MiG-29UPG will also come with a Virgilius-based suite co-opted with indigenous systems, along with EL/L-8251 pods. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the IAF showed interest in an Elta EL/L-8240 derivative, having examined it while it was on offer with the F-16 Blk.70s during the MRCA.

Whether PAF will gain superiority over IAF is out of question now. What we need is a much more advanced air force. We need 10 more AEROSTAT, 15 Arudhra AESA radars, 20 LRET quick inductions of MRSAM, SPYDER and Indian AWACS. We need to put the early warning satellites earlier. Modernization of MKI, MIRAGE-2000, Mig-29 and above all we need fast mass production of Tejas. India should seriously consider joining ultra long range SAM project like S-500. That way we can deter PAF. :)

hahaaha i knew that at the end, it will all boil to ''We bhaarteez have superior technology'' :rofl:
BTW ignorant one, we also have this baby

We Bhaarteez always has the superiority complex, thanks to reality. :lol: Don't compare third generation Phalcon with some chinese junk. That is an insult.

Hey we have other options as well... THE ARMY! :yahoo:
That vintage Mig before going down killed how many terrorists? lol That hit was an exception. If you shoot in the sky a million time, one bird can fall. Thats your achievement.

Back
Top Bottom