What's new

Pakistan Air Force overhauls 50th C-130 aircraft

C68pXxCXEAARKB7.jpg:large

The formation flying of likes of C-130s, ZDKs, SAAB-2000s might seem just a piece of cake but actually involves lots of proficiency and control by the crew and leaves almost no margin for even a small error or U end up in a disaster. Awesome formation flying nonetheless.

Huh? Does PAF have that many C-130s? That sounds like a lot, even IAF doesn't have so many transports of that class. Or does this include all the retired ones as well?

@Arsalan ?

Its 50th Overhauled C-130 aircraft...Not saying that PAF is holding 50 plus C-130s.

aren't you read the titled of this thread:hitwall::crazy:overhaul

No need to get snippy, the title is erroneous. If a newspaper headline says "Man shoots ten people", it means he shot ten different people - not that he shot one person ten times.

The headline here should read "50th overhaul of C-130s", not "overhaul of 50th C-130", which is the title in post #4.

Anyway I figured that's what the article was referring to, I just wanted to clarify.

Members arguing about 50th C-130 overhauled or 50 C-130 Overhauled, let me explain a bit in this regard. IMO, facility handling overhauling will count every time it overhauls an aircraft and doesn't matter whether single aircraft being overhauled or 5 but facility will keep counting as & when air-crafts overhauled and doesn't matter that it was the same aircraft. To say that C-130 No. X visited 5 times the facility so the overhauling log will say 5th Air-Craft overhauled because the job is done five times. Hope, it may clear about the title which is based upon such term.

For PAF overhauling facility, it is 50th Air-Craft overhauled till now as the job done successfully for 50 times.

Congradulations on the achievement in Engineering and Mechanical overhaul certainly a worthy cause for celebration

Great effort by all the ground crew

If a newspaper headline says "Man shoots ten people", i
it means he shot ten people.... u shd have said "he fired 10 shots to people" which also makes no sense but is ambiguous...

50th C-130 overhauled ?
50 c130's !?!?!?
@HRK @Windjammer @Arsalan
care to explain. also aren't paf c130's in malaysia for the overhaul?
Huh? Does PAF have that many C-130s? That sounds like a lot, even IAF doesn't have so many transports of that class. Or does this include all the retired ones as well?

@Arsalan ?
Come-on people!
It is the 50th overhauling operation that is being celebrated. Surely we ALL KNOW that Pakistan do not have this many C130s. Isnt it pretty obvious? An aircraft can undergo overhaul and upgrades multiple times. That is the case here as well. I i knew it will confuse this many people i would have explained it in the OP. :P

BTW, the ones in Malaysia are for structural UPGRADES and reinforcement.

As per sources, Pak has only 18 C-130...so what does it mean ?
SOURCES!! :P
well true...one aircraft can undergo multiple overhauls during its lifetime...hopefully, that is the case here as well..
:lol:

SOURCES!!

Sources = Online sites that provide country wise defense inventory details, Wiki...etc... I didn't mean sources from Pakistan Arm Forces ,Indian Intelligent Agencies, CIA or Mossad... :P

As good as it is to hear this news (props to the engineers, technicians, management, staff, & civilians involved).

Shouldn't we be moving on from the C-130? And not recycling the same aircraft every so year?

The whole world (other than lazy & poor nations like us) has moved onto better & upgraded aircraft.

India has ~20 C-130J Super Hercules. Can we get those (or upgrade ours to that standard)?.

In the 1980's, the US had already planned to replace the C-130 with the Advanced_Medium_STOL_Transport (was later scrapped for the C-130J but is now back online & going into R/D (soon to be into 2nd phase)).

4 decades later, we are still operating the same aircraft. Better options:-

Boeing_C-17_Globemaster_III

Xian_Y-20; with Chinese help, we can ToT this & help them in R/D & manufacturing (investments into the project too), plus also sharing the project costs.

I personally choose the Y-20 (it has the potential to grow into a much bigger & versatile aircraft). Instead of having 18 or so C-130, 10 Y-20's can lift 2x more (cargo or troops; hopefully) and save in terms of cost/maintenance (50th overhaul for 18 aircraft's lol; don't know if I should be happy or crying) :frown:.

In case money is an issue (like it always is), I'm willing to start a GoFundMe page for PAF :-)lol:) and will be willing to personally share USD 1000 each year :woot: :pakistan:

People use common sense..though I know it is not that common especially in the east of Pakistan...This simply means they that they overhauled PAF C-130s a total of 50th time.. no rocket science is need to understand that.. Well for me, sadly that's not an achievement worth celebrating... it would have been something if they managed to make one locally either under licence, TOT or through JV...

Back
Top Bottom