What's new

Pakistan Air Force offered CH5 and HALE UAV's

i would assume we would have more than 500 drones.
that report was 3 years old. and now that we have a majority conservative government we will be increasing our budget to the 2% nato requirements

stability is given plus yes there is less flutter.. bcz due to angle less force is produced (lift is normal to flow).. so angle (wing) craetes 2 components (only pressure normal to area creates lift)...
idk what raked menas here but winglets reduces vortex (thus drag) at low speeds..
raked means that wind vortices are created at the very end of the wing this results in the wing being efficent as there is more wing for lift than drag.

usually single aisle planes such as the a320 series and the 737 series have winglets
as shown below.
Ryanair_Boeing_737-800_Berni-1.jpg

now new planes usually have raked wings as shown below
dreamliner01.jpg

Some information I have recieved, recently Pakistan has been offered patnership in CH5 project, also been given presentation on strategic UAV projects.

Also new Swimmer delivery projects for special forces.

According to info China has made massive inroads into Underwater unmanned vessels also.

So it was the next most logical step to go forward after the development of Burraq. I was hoping to expect such news regarding JV in HALE UCAV for which I also highlighted the importance of advance UCAVs in a thread which i started few days ago.

Pakistan Need to have JV in advanced UCAV Projects

What i wanted to ask is that can it be used for maritime operations too?
Can it be modified or enhanced to carry Anti-ship missile too?

If that can be worked out than our maritime capabilities would increase many folds. PN could field them also in large numbers backed by a couple of Squadron of Su-35/J-11D & JF-17. And maritime surveillance cost would greatly be reduced also.

Pakistan must need to absorb the technology quickly and start developing it in house with a customized version. The only problem will be satellite guidance!

Some information I have recieved, recently Pakistan has been offered patnership in CH5 project, also been given presentation on strategic UAV projects.

Also new Swimmer delivery projects for special forces.

According to info China has made massive inroads into Underwater unmanned vessels also.

really :o::o::o:

So it was the next most logical step to go forward after the development of Burraq. I was hoping to expect such news regarding JV in HALE UCAV for which I also highlighted the importance of advance UCAVs in a thread which i started few days ago.

Pakistan Need to have JV in advanced UCAV Projects

What i wanted to ask is that can it be used for maritime operations too?
Can it be modified or enhanced to carry Anti-ship missile too?

If that can be worked out than our maritime capabilities would increase many folds. PN could field them also in large numbers backed by a couple of Squadron of Su-35/J-11D & JF-17. And maritime surveillance cost would greatly be reduced also.

Pakistan must need to absorb the technology quickly and start developing it in house with a customized version. The only problem will be satellite guidance!
Well even a Missile like HellFire or similar if we can build a drone which canrry 10 to 12 of these can cause a ship lot of damage

Well even a Missile like HellFire or similar if we can build a drone which canrry 10 to 12 of these can cause a ship lot of damage
1 Hellfire ASM weighs 50kg. You'll need one hell of a drone to carry 10-12 of these in one go..
The Predator drone the US use can carry only 2 missiles at a time.
It would be far more viable to use a swarm of Burraqs against one Ship.
If the Ship shoots down the aforementioned UAV carrying 12 Hellfire missiles,
1 Hellfire missile is around 115,000 USD
12 Hellfire missiles is around 1,380,000 USD.
1x drone which can carry 12 Hellfires, (we'll just assume they cost as much as the MQ-9 Reaper)
16,900,000 USD.
The Army would go bankrupt in no time if they used 12 Hellfires on one drone and lost it to a few .50 cal bullets which would cost like a dollar per shot.
Loosing 182 800 00 USD to 100 USD would be a shame.
tl;dr
You'll need a UAV which has a Payload of 600kg for 12 Hellfire ASMs.
1907975000 Pakistani Rupees lost to 10,000 Pakistani Rupees is not acceptable.

Thus, using a Swarm of UAVs is more viable since the ship can't attack all of them at one time, and can't take out one of them and be on their merry way.

Last edited:
1 Hellfire ASM weighs 50kg. You'll need one hell of a drone to carry 10-12 of these in one go..
The Predator drone the US use can carry only 2 missiles at a time.
It would be far more viable to use a swarm of Burraqs against one Ship.
If the Ship shoots down the aforementioned UAV carrying 12 Hellfire missiles,
1 Hellfire missile is around 115,000 USD
12 Hellfire missiles is around 1,380,000 USD.
1x drone which can carry 12 Hellfires, (we'll just assume they cost as much as the MQ-9 Reaper)
16,900,000 USD.
The Army would go bankrupt in no time if they used 12 Hellfires on one drone and lost it to a few .50 cal bullets which would cost like a dollar per shot.
Loosing 182 800 00 USD to 100 USD would be a shame.
tl;dr
You'll need a UAV which has a Payload of 600kg for 12 Hellfire ASMs.
1907975000 Pakistani Rupees lost to 10,000 Pakistani Rupees is not acceptable.

Thus, using a Swarm of UAVs is more viable since the ship can't attack all of them at one time, and can't take out one of them and be on their merry way.
What I am suggesting is developing something similar to Reaper with China. Reaper can has 7 hard points we need something like that.

What I am suggesting is developing something similar to Reaper with China. Reaper can has 7 hard points we need something like that.
The Reaper is a long range offensive weapon, why would we need those?
Pakistan's doctrine is defensive, not offensive.

And it would still be more viable to use multiple and cheap UAVs like the Burraqs in swarms. Unless Pakistan has to bomb something in Assam.

The Reaper is a long range offensive weapon, why would we need those?
Pakistan's doctrine is defensive, not offensive.

And it would still be more viable to use multiple and cheap UAVs like the Burraqs in swarms. Unless Pakistan has to bomb something in Assam.
We have no more defensive policy specially when it comes to Army and Air Force only to tell the world we have defensive policy. In case of war we would adopt really offensive measures to destroy our enemy

We have no more defensive policy specially when it comes to Army and Air Force only to tell the world we have defensive policy. In case of war we would adopt really offensive measures to destroy our enemy
Pakistan is at a disadvantage if it goes on the offensive. From day 1, Pakistan has been on the defensive, I don't think that will change any time soon.

Pakistan is at a disadvantage if it goes on the offensive. From day 1, Pakistan has been on the defensive, I don't think that will change any time soon.
Sir it has changed a long time ago and rightly so from late 90s till now we have adopted offensive policy to counter any future threat

Sir it has changed a long time ago and rightly so from late 90s till now we have adopted offensive policy to counter any future threat
Kargil was an exception. We'd need a strong leader like Musharraf to do that again, but this time the civil leadership shouldn't interfere. In an all out war, Pakistan needs a friendly oil-rich ally like Iran or Saudi to give us oil for an offensive. Pakistan's oil war reserves is only 3 days. I doubt the Saudis will help us since they haven't done much so far. The Iranians however did help us in 65, but that was before the Islamic Revolution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom