What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

TURKISH FIRM MODERNIZES PAKISTAN'S JETS
  • AA
  • Published : 01.09.2014 23:47:34
1409604443746.jpg
ANKARA — Turkish Aerospace Industries has modernized the last four of Pakistan's F-16 fighter jets, completing a five-year contract. The remaining four aircraft will be handed over in a ceremony in Ankara on Tuesday. The company, known by the acronym TUSAŞ, signed a contract with Pakistan's Ministry of Defense in 2009. Under the program, Turkish technicians were to upgrade and test 41 aircraft. The first of the planes were delivered two years ago. TUSAŞ began co-producing U.S.-designed F-16s for the Turkish Air Force in 1984 and is one of the world's main aerospace companies involved in F-16 manufacture and modernization.

It has also upgraded the Royal Jordanian Air Force's F-16s. In a related development, fighter jets from Turkey and Pakistan joined a joint military exercise in central Turkey's Konya that started yesterday. The exercise is part of Turkey's year-long Anatolian Eagle exercise that brings together fighter jet pilots from different countries.

As mentioned few months ago -

Pak Air force should invest heavily in drone based technology.

Automated drones (much bigger than what we see) capable of aerial refueling. These drones have short nozzles and the fighter plane is capable to takeover the drone functions (automated) at a certain proximity via software integration. This will ensure smooth air to air refueling while minimizing the risk and the cost.

I think this tech makes sense and can be a great money maker for PAF.

Signal blocking/interception remains a challenge.

Last edited:
As mentioned few months ago -

Pak Air force should invest heavily in drone based technology.

Automated drones (much bigger than what we see) capable of aerial refueling. These drones have short nozzles and the fighter plane is capable to takeover the drone functions (automated) at a certain proximity via software integration. This will ensure smooth air to air refueling while minimizing the risk and the cost.

I think this tech makes sense and can be a great money maker for PAF.

Signal blocking/interception remains a challenge.

Reference web address please ???

Babe its a thread I posted here few months ago.

Don't have enough printed $$$ in my pocket to go back and find it for you.

You can search.
Few Months ???
name of the month if your memory is live !!!

The bird cutter antennas are obvious, but i guess others include more of structural and avionics upgrades in the package.
@Oscar @fatman17 @Manticore

A lot of the upgrades are replacement of older components, and generally less of bolting on new pieces. That is because there are structural limitations that come with the older F-16s. Which is why despite the general perception that the MLU takes the older B-15s to B-52 level.. the latter is still more advanced with certain features and capabilities that cannot be included into the older airframe due to lack of space and internal structure.

10494417_602420413190388_912225687029747962_o.jpg
Pakistan AirForce Female fighter Ayesha Farooq Bombs taliban in North Waziristan (Operation ZarbeAzb). She is the female war-ready fighter pilot in Pakistan Airforce.

Good Work Good Work Lady!

First of all my faith full CONGRATULATION to paf and ayesha farooq

PAF SPOKESPERSON
Shared privately - 6:37 AM
#PAF

PAF OBSERVES MARTYRS’ DAY

ISLAMABAD 07 SEPTEMBER, 2014:- Pakistan Air Force observed 7 September as Martyrs’ Day at all PAF Bases throughout the country. A ceremony was also held at Air Headquarters Islamabad, in which Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, laid floral wreath and offered “Fateha” at the Martyrs’ Monument. Principal Staff Officers and a large number of Airmen attended the ceremony. The day started with special Du’aa and Quran Khawani for the Shuhada of 1965 and 1971 wars and those who laid down their lives in action since creation of Pakistan.

A similar ceremony was held at Karachi, where a PAF contingent led by Air Vice Marshal Azhar Hasan Rizvi, Air Officer Commanding, Southern Air Command offered “Fateha” and laid floral wreath at the grave of Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed (Nishan-e- Haider) on behalf of Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force. Floral wreaths were also laid on the graves of PAF Shuhada throughout the country.
CAS%2Blaying%2Bwreath.jpg

CAS%2Blaying%2Bfloral%2Bwreath.jpg

CAS%2Boffering%2BDuaa.jpg

10494417_602420413190388_912225687029747962_o.jpg
Pakistan AirForce Female fighter Ayesha Farooq Bombs taliban in North Waziristan (Operation ZarbeAzb). She is the female war-ready fighter pilot in Pakistan Airforce.

Good Work Good Work Lady!

First of all my faith full CONGRATULATION to paf and ayesha farooq

Proud of YOU

Back
Top Bottom