What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

FIRST DEPUTY DEFENCE MINISTER/CHIEF OF GENERAL STAFF OF ARMED FORCES OF KAZAKHSTAN, CALLS ON AIR CHIEF

12 April, 2022: Lieutenant General Khussainov Marat Rakhimovich, First Deputy Defence Minister/Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces of Kazakhstan, called on Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force in his office today.

1649768709338.png

Friendly fire incidents are not just confined to the PAF.
Let me remind you that in this day and age with all the technology at disposal, India shot down own Chopper even in a minor skirmish...
Minor skirmish? 🤨

FIRST DEPUTY DEFENCE MINISTER/CHIEF OF GENERAL STAFF OF ARMED FORCES OF KAZAKHSTAN, CALLS ON AIR CHIEF

12 April, 2022: Lieutenant General Khussainov Marat Rakhimovich, First Deputy Defence Minister/Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces of Kazakhstan, called on Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force in his office today.

View attachment 833584
I swear they have a cardboard cutout of our Air chief which they put out for every foreign dignitary visit. The man never changes his posture or look. Just an observation
A

I swear they have a cardboard cutout of our Air chief which they put out for every foreign dignitary visit. The man never changes his posture or look. Just an observation
A

So true, although the Kazak ACM looks like a Serena Hotel doorman....

So true, although the Kazak ACM looks like a Serena Hotel doorman....
He looks disgusted like he is saying " Not the same fking cut out Again!!! Iam sure the chief is very competent but his mass appeal amounts to about -15.😅😆😄😇🤣

A
@PanzerKiel
Any truth to the new f16s rumour or is it someone hallucinating due to extreme heat during Ramadan.
A

He looks disgusted like he is saying " Not the same fking cut out Again!!! Iam sure the chief is very competent but his mass appeal amounts to about -15.😅😆😄😇🤣

@PanzerKiel
Any truth to the new f16s rumour or is it someone hallucinating due to extreme heat during Ramadan.
A

What is the point of new F-16s when we have J-10C?

What is the point of new F-16s when we have J-10C?
The J10s will take us a couple of years to induct whereas F16s will be almost instantaneous induction/max 6 months. Plus For the 16s to come we will require CSF to be released (at least in an ideal world) so it will/be significantly cheaper. However I still think it is too little too late and very unlikely to happen.
A
A

During the Indo-Pak wars PAF aircraft were shot down by air defense. At least two aircraft have been shot down in air-air, the F-16 everyone knows about, and a Mirage 3 due to the pilot not turning off master arm switch during a training mission.
It was RB-57F. The state of the art ELINT/EW aircraft. It was a great asset for us.

The J10s will take us a couple of years to induct whereas F16s will be almost instantaneous induction/max 6 months. Plus For the 16s to come we will require CSF to be released (at least in an ideal world) so it will/be significantly cheaper. However I still think it is too little too late and very unlikely to happen.
A
A

I think any new F-16s will have to be "V" version, which will also take some time to properly train on, you are right, PAF is very familiar with the F-16 in general. However as more and more time passes on, the areas where US leads in Mil Tech vis a vis China becomes less and less. Outside the F-35 can US provide us anything that matches J-10/AESA/PL-16 combo?
Even PN Sea Sultan maybe almost or just as capable as P-8.

I guess key areas where we would still benefit from US tech and not potentially compromise on national defence if sanctioned would be

1) Gunships - AH-1Z
2) Anti-tank weapons
3) SeaRAM

Many of the things we used to chase US for we have managed to get via Europe/China that are almost, if not just as comparable, such as Patriot v HQ-9, Predator v Wing Loop, M109 v SH-16, Blackhawk v AW139, P-8 v Sea Sultan, F-16V v J-10C.

In hindsight over last 10 years Pak armed forces have done a good job weaning themselves off US products.

During the Indo-Pak wars PAF aircraft were shot down by air defense. At least two aircraft have been shot down in air-air, the F-16 everyone knows about, and a Mirage 3 due to the pilot not turning off master arm switch during a training mission.
CAS Nur Khan was asked about the fratricide with AAA shooting down PAF aircraft. He said this is a risk we have to take and such things are bound to happen in the fog of war.

Last edited:
It was RB-57F. The state of the art ELINT/EW aircraft. It was a great asset for us.

Hi,

Paf pilots were not following procedure on that RB57F---. They should have been flying very high rather than they chose to fly low on entering pak air space.

Pure UN-Professionalism on part of the Paf pilots ( as much as I know the story )

Last edited:
Hi,

Paf pilots were not following procedure on that RB57F---. They should have been flying very high rather than they chose to fly low on entering pak air space.

As india had similar aircraft---army gunners shot at it and shot it down.

Pure UN-Professionalism on part of the Paf pilots ( as much as I know the story )
If I remember this correctly it was shot down near Peshawar during decent. The SA-2 missile badly damaged it and it was subsequently repaired and sent back to the US.

Found a thread about it. https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/1965-war-role-of-the-rb-57f.60610/post-935034

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom