What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

As you mention below, its a multi-polar world now, so what poles have helped Iran from US sanctions for the same reason? or what did Russia did to help Syria despite wests direct involvement in supporting terrorist activities against Syrian state?

We are not threatening Israel. We already have nuclear technology after having braved sanctions. China is our ally, Russia is not averse, USA can no longer afford to romp around. We have weathered the worse, future looks better. Even India has to improve relations with us in order to improve growth. Our enemies in Afghanistan have developed high level contacts with us.

Self delusions! Despite being key alley how many times US withheld coalition support payments? and what would you call naked terrorism and violation of our sovereignty through drone strikes?

You overlook our governments' abetting this abuse of sovereignty.

Keep them flying in peace time with flying hours cut down to maybe 50% or less, would that help in case of a full blown war with india?

Better be an optimist than be paranoid. I do not foresee a conflict in the near or mid-term future. That is the dividend of democracy. Good for us and good for them. A conflict exists only in imagination of those who are over-fond of egotistical verbal combat with loonies from across the border.

When the imposed sanctions for the first time, there was hardly any bone on contention between Pakistan and USA.

Are you sure? Were we not running our nuclear program widely seen as leading to an 'Islamic' bomb? You forget Iran my friend.

F-16, Mirage III/V, F7, JF-17 (still not fully operationalized to be effective in a major war), which one represents what for PAF? you chose.

Am not an expert so would not choose. But I can place things in perspective better than paranoid people.

Surrender your Nukes! Hand over Dr. AQ Khan or Dr. Samar Mubarak, Why did you hide UBL in Abbotabad, excuses are million a dime if the intention is there. What excuse did they have to destroy Iraq or Afghanistan or Libya or Syria or sanction Iran? Get down from your high horse, be a paranoid realist if you want to survive.

More than half the world's problems are created by paranoid survivalists. Nukes, Dr. A.Q. Khan, OBL are all old news. The world has moved on. Excuses are indeed cheap - on both sides. We buttress our position with strategy. Good for us.

For what? how about economy or law and order or terrorism?

What economy and what law and order? Its about resources and strategy my friend. If we were to spend all our resources on Military (hardware, manpower, conflicts), we would have no economy and precious little in way of law and order.

If a couple of squadrons of F-16s improve our DEFENSIVE capabilities, no one in this world would have a problem, including USA. If these same F-16s provide best value for our precious resources spent on them, then I am all for them. Provided of course that our indigenous programs do not suffer.

I am not sure what feeds your optimism, but for my paranoia, I have not forgotten fall of east Pakistan, foreign involvement in now dead, Sidhu Desh movement, Baluchistan, TTP, terrorist attacks on our military installations, etc. etc.

Regarding your response, I don't find any substance in it worthy of further discussion.

We are not threatening Israel. We already have nuclear technology after having braved sanctions. China is our ally, Russia is not averse, USA can no longer afford to romp around. We have weathered the worse, future looks better. Even India has to improve relations with us in order to improve growth. Our enemies in Afghanistan have developed high level contacts with us.

You overlook our governments' abetting this abuse of sovereignty.

Better be an optimist than be paranoid. I do not foresee a conflict in the near or mid-term future. That is the dividend of democracy. Good for us and good for them. A conflict exists only in imagination of those who are over-fond of egotistical verbal combat with loonies from across the border.

Are you sure? Were we not running our nuclear program widely seen as leading to an 'Islamic' bomb? You forget Iran my friend.

Am not an expert so would not choose. But I can place things in perspective better than paranoid people.

More than half the world's problems are created by paranoid survivalists. Nukes, Dr. A.Q. Khan, OBL are all old news. The world has moved on. Excuses are indeed cheap - on both sides. We buttress our position with strategy. Good for us.

What economy and what law and order? Its about resources and strategy my friend. If we were to spend all our resources on Military (hardware, manpower, conflicts), we would have no economy and precious little in way of law and order.

If a couple of squadrons of F-16s improve our DEFENSIVE capabilities, no one in this world would have a problem, including USA. If these same F-16s provide best value for our precious resources spent on them, then I am all for them. Provided of course that our indigenous programs do not suffer.

I am not sure what feeds your optimism, but for my paranoia, I have not forgotten fall of east Pakistan, foreign involvement in now dead, Sidhu Desh movement, Baluchistan, TTP, terrorist attacks on our military installations, etc. etc.

Regarding your response, I don't find any substance in it worthy of further discussion.

We have different POVs and I would be first to acknowledge that this dialectic tension is good. Your paranoia is good for my optimistic delusions and vice versa. Thanks for a civil exchange.

Your concerns are valid but I can assure you that any of the issue you have mentioned including Baluchistan and and TTP, although grave, are not existentialist threats to the state of Pakistan. The Sindu Desh movement is of little consequence. I can go into details and support what I am saying. Our biggest challenge right now is the economy, education and social injustices.

Five Air Commodore promoted as Air Vice Marshal
June 2, 2013

ISLAMABAD: Air Commodore Pirzada Kamaluddin A Siddiqui, Air Commodore Mujahid Anwar Khan, Air Commodore Arshad Malik, Air Commodore Azhar Hasan Rizvi and Air Commodore Khawar Hussain have been promoted as Air Vice Marshal.

According to PAF press release Tuesday, Air Vice Marshal Pirzada Kamaluddin A Siddiqui, who joined the Pakistan Air Force in June, 1983, has commanded a fighter squadron and a fighter wing. He has also been the Commandant College of Flying Training at PAF Academy, Risalpur. He is a recipient of Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan was commissioned in the PAF in December, 1983. During his career, he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and two operational air bases. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Arshad Malik, who was commissioned in 1983, has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and an operational air base. He is also a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Azhar Hasan Rizvi was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force in December, 1983. During his career, he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and an operational air base. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Khawar Hussain was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force in March, 1984. During his career, he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and an operational air base. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

End of an Era;

The J-7/F-7 production line was closed in May 2013 after the 30 years of production.

Five Air Commodore promoted as Air Vice Marshal
June 2, 2013

ISLAMABAD: Air Commodore Pirzada Kamaluddin A Siddiqui, Air Commodore Mujahid Anwar Khan, Air Commodore Arshad Malik, Air Commodore Azhar Hasan Rizvi and Air Commodore Khawar Hussain have been promoted as Air Vice Marshal.

According to PAF press release Tuesday, Air Vice Marshal Pirzada Kamaluddin A Siddiqui, who joined the Pakistan Air Force in June, 1983, has commanded a fighter squadron and a fighter wing. He has also been the Commandant College of Flying Training at PAF Academy, Risalpur. He is a recipient of Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan was commissioned in the PAF in December, 1983. During his career, he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and two operational air bases. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Arshad Malik, who was commissioned in 1983, has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and an operational air base. He is also a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Azhar Hasan Rizvi was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force in December, 1983. During his career, he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and an operational air base. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Khawar Hussain was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force in March, 1984. During his career, he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and an operational air base. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

future ACM's.....who knows!

p31p.jpg

I really wanna know that where the attackers went after being phased out ? did we return them to Brits ?

Air Marshal Athar Bukhari appointed Vice Chief of Air Staff
July 4, 2013

ISLAMABAD: Air Marshal Syed Athar Hussain Bukhari has been appointed Vice Chief of The Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force (PAF), according to a notification issued by the government here on Thursday.

Air Marshal Syed Athar Hussain Bukhari was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force in 1978 in GD (P) Branch. He is an accomplished Fighter Pilot, a qualified Flying Instructor and a graduate of Combat Commanders’ School. His career has encompassed a wide range of operational, training and command assignments. He has commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Fighter Wing and an Operational PAF Base.

He holds Master’s Degree in National Security Strategy from National Defence University Washington (USA) and a Master’s Degree in War Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad. He has also qualified Air Command and Staff Course from Iran.

During his long and illustrious career in PAF, he remained on various important command and staff appointments which include Director General Joint Operations (GHQ), Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Training) and Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Personnel) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad.

He is recipient of Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military), and Sitara-i-Basalat.

legend has it that if you could master the Harvard trainer, you generally ended uo as a accomplished pilot.

I really wanna know that where the attackers went after being phased out ? did we return them to Brits ?

the dust-bin of history is where they went

Back
Top Bottom