What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...rojects-concepts-etc.21179/page-3#post-231277

We don't seem to have a thread on PGM's employed by PAF or do we? 100 points for someone who gets the pics of raptor 3 from the link site, you have to register :-):-):-)
Unfortunate Pakistan didn't take advantage of all of these projects with South Africa. @denel But the CSIR turbojet projects might have been triggered by Pakistan (the OP on that forum said a "foreign requirement" restarted those programs), and in the time since then, Pakistan unveiled 4 or 5 new cruise missile models. Clearly, Pakistan has an incentive for ITAR-free turbojets.

Unfortunate Pakistan didn't take advantage of all of these projects with South Africa. @denel
giphy.gif

Unfortunate Pakistan didn't take advantage of all of these projects with South Africa. @denel But the CSIR turbojet projects might have been triggered by Pakistan (the OP on that forum said a "foreign requirement" restarted those programs), and in the time since then, Pakistan unveiled 4 or 5 new cruise missile models. Clearly, Pakistan has an incentive for ITAR-free turbojets.
Didn't Pakistan get some small turbojets/fans from the Czechs?

Absolutely, right now there is a lot of works in pipeline from KSA/UAE to support their 'indigenous' efforts e.g. saqar UAV which is nothing more than Bateleur UAV; I would not be surprised if that was not the case for Pak.

Absolutely, right now there is a lot of works in pipeline from KSA/UAE to support their 'indigenous' efforts e.g. saqar UAV which is nothing more than Bateleur UAV; I would not be surprised if that was not the case for Pak.

This is the first use of H2 to take out a bridge as per this post!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaiserbill I think the first sentence or two in my post #89 answers your question.

I was not going to post these as they are both produced weapons, however perhaps particularly for foreign visitors, they might find the progression of the Raptor PGM interesting (in light of my Raptor III pics in post #82 above). As mentioned in the brochures it has been integrated onto the Mirage III, V, Cheetah and F1. Then also on the Sukhoi SU-24 (which I suspect is for Algeria). Pakistan is fairly open about them having it, see one of their squadron's paintings below clearly depicting Raptor II being launched from one of their Mirages.

The weapon is slightly unusual in that the dropping aircraft can be different from the controlling aircraft if need be.

As per sa_bushwar's video post # 61, showing it being dropped in combat action against the Cuito bridge in Angola on 3 January 1988 (when it was then still known as the H-2). I later met someone who was on the H-2 program at the time, he said that they we very upset with the military for wrenching the H-2 out of their hands for use against the Cuito bridge when it was still very much an uncompleted prototype. This explains some of the misses they had before the near (but successful) hit they had depicted in sa_bushwar's video. A little bit of translation from the video for those who don't understand Afrikaans - they are talking about a (military) vehicle that happens to be on the bridge as the H-2 is being guided in (this could be direct feedback from a South African Special Forces operator on the ground?), at the last moment one of them says that the Bomb is going in slightly to to left of the bridge into the water. It did enough damage though, as the Russians, Cubans and Fapla could only use it for walking traffic and not for their tanks/IFV/trucks - which is exactly why we were targeting the bridge in the first place.

Very nice post BTW sa_bushwar - thanks!

BTW the reason that they had initially for many years been so cagey about H-2/Raptor, was that it was apparently also very much part of our then nuclear weapons program.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...rojects-concepts-etc.21179/page-3#post-231735

This is the first use of H2 to take out a bridge as per this post!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaiserbill I think the first sentence or two in my post #89 answers your question.

I was not going to post these as they are both produced weapons, however perhaps particularly for foreign visitors, they might find the progression of the Raptor PGM interesting (in light of my Raptor III pics in post #82 above). As mentioned in the brochures it has been integrated onto the Mirage III, V, Cheetah and F1. Then also on the Sukhoi SU-24 (which I suspect is for Algeria). Pakistan is fairly open about them having it, see one of their squadron's paintings below clearly depicting Raptor II being launched from one of their Mirages.

The weapon is slightly unusual in that the dropping aircraft can be different from the controlling aircraft if need be.

As per sa_bushwar's video post # 61, showing it being dropped in combat action against the Cuito bridge in Angola on 3 January 1988 (when it was then still known as the H-2). I later met someone who was on the H-2 program at the time, he said that they we very upset with the military for wrenching the H-2 out of their hands for use against the Cuito bridge when it was still very much an uncompleted prototype. This explains some of the misses they had before the near (but successful) hit they had depicted in sa_bushwar's video. A little bit of translation from the video for those who don't understand Afrikaans - they are talking about a (military) vehicle that happens to be on the bridge as the H-2 is being guided in (this could be direct feedback from a South African Special Forces operator on the ground?), at the last moment one of them says that the Bomb is going in slightly to to left of the bridge into the water. It did enough damage though, as the Russians, Cubans and Fapla could only use it for walking traffic and not for their tanks/IFV/trucks - which is exactly why we were targeting the bridge in the first place.

Very nice post BTW sa_bushwar - thanks!

BTW the reason that they had initially for many years been so cagey about H-2/Raptor, was that it was apparently also very much part of our then nuclear weapons program.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...rojects-concepts-etc.21179/page-3#post-231735
cuito was a major operation; everything under the sink was thrown at the Cubans.

no idea ....

If you are enquiring about its speed after launch than I believe it could be in the range of 0.6-0.9 mach ....
Hi for the reply my friend what’s your intake about this much speed for something with 300km stand off will it hit the target while not been intercepted before reaching to the destination
Thx for your input

Hi for the reply my friend what’s your intake about this much speed for something with 300km stand off will it hit the target while not been intercepted before reaching to the destination
Thx for your input
in the presence of air defence assets these SOW are launch with proper mission planing .... so that chances of mission success remain high ....

End of the story.... its a cat and mouse game ....

Last edited:
With the PAF signalling ITAR-free, localized turnkey systems under Project Azm, then extracting SA R&D in difficult areas under the table is plausible. It'd be the only logical answer to the silence around SA-Pakistan cooperation. So, in a way, Darter, Marlin, and Umbani tech could make its way (with proceeds going to SA R&D directly).

With the PAF signalling ITAR-free, localized turnkey systems under Project Azm, then extracting SA R&D in difficult areas under the table is plausible. It'd be the only logical answer to the silence around SA-Pakistan cooperation. So, in a way, Darter, Marlin, and Umbani tech could make its way (with proceeds going to SA R&D directly).
Indeed, i do hope involvement with M3/5 consolidation to a new upgraded standardised system.

Man you don't understand when Chinese were acquiring Su-27/Su-30 from Russia in this deal Russian had put the claws that they won't sell Su-27/30 and its versions to third party because Russians knows that Chinese eventually copy/paste Su-27/30,because their previous experience @jupiter2007

s

Man you don't understand when Chinese were acquiring Su-27/Su-30 from Russia in this deal Russian had put the claws that they won't sell Su-27/30 and its versions to third party because Russians knows that Chinese eventually copy/paste Su-27/30,because their previous experience @jupiter2007

J-14 project.
upload_2019-9-19_22-51-52.png

what surprises me is the similarity between Raad and Mupsow. I wontbe surprised if there was cross pollination like Raptor.

do you see a similarity between Denel Targos & the Turkish SOM

Back
Top Bottom